I should have gone to Shiratorizawa.

Tippy toes

  • Slap mosquitoes

  • Touch da nose

  • I'd like a pause


Results are only viewable after voting.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Also Neji was my favorite character, forever mad at that.
As you should be.

Neji's revelation during the gennin exam: "Realizes that fate is not fixed and that he isn't fated to be a slave to the main branch."
Neji's final moments: "Dies in the service of the main branch of the Hyuugas just like his dad."

Somewhere Kishimoto is looking at Neji fans like..:kappa
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
As you should be.

Neji's revelation during the gennin exam: "Realizes that fate is not fixed and that he isn't fated to be a slave to the main branch."
Neji's final moments: "Dies in the service of the main branch of the Hyuugas just like his dad."

Somewhere Kishimoto is looking at Neji fans like..:kappa
Terrible.

All characters in the last part of the arc contradicted almost everything they did or said in the rest of the series, not only Team 7.
Makes me remember of Bleach where the last chapter was like some type of fanfics where the characters weren't like they were supposed to be. :lambirb

Now on the topic of series's endings, what did you think of the FT ending? I saw people either loving it, or hating it.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Terrible.

All characters in the last part of the arc contradicted almost everything they did or said in the rest of the series, not only Team 7.
Makes me remember of Bleach where the last chapter was like some type of fanfics where the characters weren't like they were supposed to be. :lambirb

Now on the topic of series's endings, what did you think of the FT ending? I saw people either loving it, or hating it.
I thought it was ok. Fairy Tail was in kind of a odd place because the end of every arc was a huge climax so how could he make the last one feel different? And in the end I think he wasn't really able to. But he didn't demolish his series trying like.. certain other authors did. So I'll take it.

The Bleach thing was rough but you can tell Kubo just didn't have time. It really feels like he got like 3 chapters to do it and considering that I thought it was as good as it could have been. The enduring legacy of Bleach to me is how hard Kubo worked to make that series keep going long after he ran out of ideas. After the Hueco Mundo arc I think he tried to do it all on style alone; and managed it longer than I would have thought possible. Like, nothing about Soul Society was built to go for more than 3 arcs.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Still haven't figured it out Mills. Down with a cold.
Get well soon, bunghole. It'll be fun so just wear a mask so you're not contagious.
I think my experience with the Naruto war arc starting at Turtle Island can be pretty much summed up by this.


​
So how was it for you Revs? Did you find something to love about it or did sink into the inky blackness of despair like we did?
Just need to add more stuff getting on fire, and it'll be accurate.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
I thought it was ok. Fairy Tail was in kind of a odd place because the end of every arc was a huge climax so how could he make the last one feel different? And in the end I think he wasn't really able to. But he didn't demolish his series trying like.. certain other authors did. So I'll take it.
I think almost nothing changed in the end, just some little things, and having a sequel, there isn't much to close/ending.
The thing I saw the most was the salt in the ships, though I was actually okay with that one (since from the canon ones I only care for Gajeel/Levy).
The Bleach thing was rough but you can tell Kubo just didn't have time. It really feels like he got like 3 chapters to do it and considering that I thought it was as good as it could have been. The enduring legacy of Bleach to me is how hard Kubo worked to make that series keep going long after he ran out of ideas. After the Hueco Mundo arc I think he tried to do it all on style alone; and managed it longer than I would have thought possible. Like, nothing about Soul Society was built to go for more than 3 arcs.
Being honest here, I dropped Bleach in less than 100 chapters xD. But I did know almost all of the series since my girlfriend was a fan of it and it was like I followed the manga all along. I know about the Ichiruki suffering tho, did you ship it? Some of the characters I used to like didn't have a good ending too.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think almost nothing changed in the end, just some little things, and having a sequel, there isn't much to close/ending.
The thing I saw the most was the salt in the ships, though I was actually okay with that one (since from the canon ones I only care for Gajeel/Levy).
Gajeel X Levy was a ray of sunshine along with Juvia X Grey.

The problem for me on the shipping side was always how hard it was to build a sturdy ship for Natsu since he didn't often show enough emotional range to make it work. Which was one of the reasons I liked Natsu X Erza. The whole tower thing would have made such a great foundation. With Gajeel and Levy it was so obvious that it worked. Same with Juvia and Grey. But outside of them.. it was tough going.

Being honest here, I dropped Bleach in less than 100 chapters xD. But I did know almost all of the series since my girlfriend was a fan of it and it was like I followed the manga all along. I know about the Ichiruki suffering tho, did you ship it? Some of the characters I used to like didn't have a good ending too.
Yeah, Ichigo X Rukia all the way. So.. it was less than ideal.

It didn't hit me as hard as some though because I always read Bleach for Kubo's battle artwork more than anything. People can say what they will about his storytelling skills but when it comes to drawing epic looking fights he did some amazing work.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Juvia and Grey was interesting but also annoying tbh.

Ichigo and Rukia were a great pairing. I was okay with Otohime too, but Rukia was a better choice.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
is this a shipping thread now ? WHERES THE NEKOS, i demand some nekos
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
is this a shipping thread now ? WHERES THE NEKOS, i demand some nekos
No more of these here but, for you Asachi:



The problem for me on the shipping side was always how hard it was to build a sturdy ship for Natsu since he didn't often show enough emotional range to make it work. Which was one of the reasons I liked Natsu X Erza. The whole tower thing would have made such a great foundation. With Gajeel and Levy it was so obvious that it worked. Same with Juvia and Grey. But outside of them.. it was tough going.
Same, that's why I slowly stopped caring for NaLu, and all the "romantic" moments felt kinda forced with Natsu not developing much on the interest in romance.
Natsu and Erza had great moments in that arc, I honestly thought it was going to be the main ship until Jellal started to be everywhere. I also used to ship him with Lisanna until Mashima forgot he created that character.
Juvia and Grey was interesting but also annoying tbh.
I disliked Gray/Juvia at first but at the end of the manga I liked them, though I think Mashima could've made them better. Also I ship them with different people too xD.

I feel like Ichigo and Orihime had the same treatament has NaruHina, but I never read Bleach that much so I can't way.
The only ship I remember caring there was Toshiro x Momo.
 
Last edited:

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Btw where are you neechan in houseki no kuni 👀
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I disliked Gray/Juvia at first but at the end of the manga I liked them, though I think Mashima could've made them better. Also I ship them with different people too xD.

I feel like Ichigo and Orihime had the same treatament has NaruHina, but I never read Bleach that much so I can't way.
The only ship I remember caring there was Toshiro x Momo.
I'm not entirely sure if I like them tbh. I just find them to be better than Natsu-Lucy because Grey at least expressed his feelings and made it known. I think only Natsu-Lucy fans take each other seriously when it comes to this imaginary pairing.

Grey with Lucy and Mirajane or K-something was pretty sugoi.

Likely did, but Ichigo showed more concern for Orihime throughout the series than Naruto ever did, even though he fought Neji for her, got pissed at Pain for her, and lifted her spirits during the war.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Btw where are you neechan in houseki no kuni 👀
Already catching up! And I'm about to start the anime, it looks so good :blush
My faves are Phos, Zircon, Antarc, Diamond and Ruby.
How about you? And any ships? :hurr
Grey with Lucy and Mirajane or K-something was pretty sugoi.
Gray x Mira is something I never imagined, but it actually sounds pretty good. I always shipped her with Laxus or Erza. :lmao
Lucy/Gray could've worked pretty well, it's a shame all their little moments never went anywhere.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Already catching up! And I'm about to start the anime, it looks so good :blush
My faves are Phos, Zircon, Antarc, Diamond and Ruby.
How about you? And any ships? :hurr
Fav are phos, lapis, padparadscha, shinsha( cinnabar) antarc and finally old grumpy cairn with the new one I have mixed feelings considering I don't like how they became but they still .....argh


For ship ofc top ship is phosXshinsha
but man things aren't looking way to good for them :emocat

Just saw the raw for the new chapter....my heart.....
Basically the fandom and ichikawa-sensei







Some fanarts to get me out of the despair of this manga...










I feel the same phos...I feel the same....(I want that ship to burn it's soo ...eww)





Miss these times when phos smile was so bright :sad















Best way to finish the long fanart stock (that ofc didn't put all of it and have fell some but was waiting when to share it and with who)

@Erinyes I know you're interested in this
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Already catching up! And I'm about to start the anime, it looks so good :blush
My faves are Phos, Zircon, Antarc, Diamond and Ruby.
How about you? And any ships? :hurr


Gray x Mira is something I never imagined, but it actually sounds pretty good. I always shipped her with Laxus or Erza. :lmao
Lucy/Gray could've worked pretty well, it's a shame all their little moments never went anywhere.
I actually don't remember if he was paired with Kana or Mira. But Mira looks more perfect with Laxus because she's soft and gentle albeit scary when needed while Laxus is a gruff person. Erza and Mira are cute too.

Agreed. Lucy and Loki are also great.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Fav are phos, lapis, padparadscha, shinsha( cinnabar) antarc and finally old grumpy cairn (.....with the new one I have mixed feelings considering I don't like how they became but they still .....argh)


For ship ofc top ship is phosXshinsha
but man things aren't looking way to good for them :emocat

Just saw the raw for the new chapter....my heart.....
Basically the fandom and ichikawa-sensei







Some fanarts to get me out of the despair of this manga...










I feel the same phos...I feel the same....(I want that ship to burn it's soo ...eww)





Miss these times when phos smile was so bright :sad















Best way to finish the long fanart stock (that ofc didn't put all of it and have fell some but was waiting when to share it and with who)

@Erinyes I know you're interested in this
PhosxShinsha, YES :zomg
Though I can't help but ship Phos/Antarc as well ;-;
Though my OTP is Dia/Bort<3





Btw :lambirb


I'm staling all your fanarts too
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
PhosxShinsha, YES :zomg
Though I can't help but ship Phos/Antarc as well ;-;
Though my OTP is Dia/Bort<3





Btw :lambirb


I'm staling all your fanarts too
What do you think about cairn X aechmea and aechmea as a charcater if he really genuine with his feeling for cairn or if he just manipulating plus his plans.

you can take them but I probably reuse them in manga war as I'm planning on nominating HnK ....plus It's the most serie I have fanarts for you have no idea

ALSO FOR ANYONE PASSING BY: I recommend you go read houseki no kuni if you like slice of life ....and changes and it's metaphors
@Darky ? @Nii


More fanarts yay









I miss both original Goshenite and Morganite I guess it's also representation of how much things changed form Genki phos to Laphos
so here more of them lel



everyone that cared about phos is gone :emocat




....

Just how much phos lost part of herself...

 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@Asako Well I told you the next manga I would pick up is Houseki, but I have not yet started another manga, so I'm still true to my words :lambirb

It's just a matter of time, not really in the mood for reading more manga atm :darn
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
@Asako Well I told you the next manga I would pick up is Houseki, but I have not yet started another manga, so I'm still true to my words :lambirb

It's just a matter of time, not really in the mood for reading more manga atm :darn
Jusr a reminder like you remind me of writing that danganronpa V3 thoughts :fan
sorry motivation of where to start is at 0 with it...i can rant about kokichi easily tho..ok I think also the second problem is that I fear I could rant too much about kokichi while writing my thoughts...
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
@Nii in my thread :zomg

Have you finished some manga recently? Btw I got myself in the 2b9s hell again, full of angsty shipping.
 
Top