Discussion Doflamingo And Viola: lovers.

keeper1h

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Just found out, if someone already posted this... then I'm sorry.
Sooo... How comes that Doffy completely trusts you, even after what he has done to you (and your family)?
Answer:
D: I love the Dressrosa arc and have read it many times... but there is one thing I don't really understand. So I sent this question to the current sbs and you. "Why did Viola and Doflamingo call each other "Doffy", "Violet" in chapter 788 "How I fight"?" What were both of them thinking of at that time back then? P.N. Fuki

O: Hm, she was dashing against the enemy. There is a deep secret setting I can't tell you about though. I informed the supervisor about it, but since it is a pretty adult part of the story it remains hidden in the shonen manga which One Piece is. To all adults, please try to imagine yourselves. Dressrosa is truly a passionate country!!
And LINK

(I mean, what else could have happened :cheez)
 

shadow22

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Just found out, if someone already posted this... then I'm sorry.
Sooo... How comes that Doffy completely trusts you, even after what he has done to you (and your family)?
Answer:
D: I love the Dressrosa arc and have read it many times... but there is one thing I don't really understand. So I sent this question to the current sbs and you. "Why did Viola and Doflamingo call each other "Doffy", "Violet" in chapter 788 "How I fight"?" What were both of them thinking of at that time back then? P.N. Fuki

O: Hm, she was dashing against the enemy. There is a deep secret setting I can't tell you about though. I informed the supervisor about it, but since it is a pretty adult part of the story it remains hidden in the shonen manga which One Piece is. To all adults, please try to imagine yourselves. Dressrosa is truly a passionate country!!
And LINK

(I mean, what else could have happened :cheez)
true I mean


in the japanese the guys called viola ane-san and and ane-san is the term for the mistress of the boss in yakuza
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
I wouldnt say lovers as much as Viola being the matress for Doffy so she gains his trust.
 

keeper1h

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Well I think pretty much the same, she only wanted to protect her family at any cost!
 

Fuuji Genichiro

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2015
Messages
369
Reaction score
85
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Doflamingo is like 2 decades older than her though and she isn't much older than rebecca, so at what point did this relationship start?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,332
Reaction score
24,940
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, nice catch, these details went right over me. Of course, viola ever having real feelings for doflamingo is a huge stretch but it makes sense she would have played her part so as to get on his good side and work as a spy. That said, it is kinda hard to imagine doflamingo actually loving someone. He is one of the more twisted characters we have seen in general. I imagine viola would be more of a concubine than an actual partner to him. Still, it is more than plausible that viola's activities as a spy on doflamingo went unnoticed because doflamingo would have been thinking with the wrong head.
 

keeper1h

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Oh, nice catch, these details went right over me. Of course, viola ever having real feelings for doflamingo is a huge stretch but it makes sense she would have played her part so as to get on his good side and work as a spy. That said, it is kinda hard to imagine doflamingo actually loving someone. He is one of the more twisted characters we have seen in general. I imagine viola would be more of a concubine than an actual partner to him. Still, it is more than plausible that viola's activities as a spy on doflamingo went unnoticed because doflamingo would have been thinking with the wrong head.
Plus, Viola's DF lets her x ray the island from a distance, and anyone's mind if she's close enough... well the only hint is her silly pose, but I guess she can disguise herself, if she wants :D
 

modoki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
178
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
After all, Oda did label their relationship as "adult leveled" so i'm pretty sure Doflamingo made sure Viola danced.
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Oda was trolling, just goes to show you Oda loves having a laugh at the expense of his readers. Now, if you were to take his words seriously, then, Viola obviously developed some sort of stolkholm syndrome. I doubt Oda would be in favor of this but to each his own.
 

modoki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
178
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Oda was trolling, just goes to show you Oda loves having a laugh at the expense of his readers. Now, if you were to take his words seriously, then, Viola obviously developed some sort of stolkholm syndrome. I doubt Oda would be in favor of this but to each his own.
Well Doffy has done a good job in not displaying a randy side to his personality, rather than sticking with his main black market business.
 

keeper1h

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Oda was trolling, just goes to show you Oda loves having a laugh at the expense of his readers. Now, if you were to take his words seriously, then, Viola obviously developed some sort of stolkholm syndrome. I doubt Oda would be in favor of this but to each his own.
If Oda says so and he doesn't call it a joke in the same SBS, to me it's canon as every other SBS-answered question, I'm afraid.
Plus, it's purely logical: why he trusted her at all, since he destroyed her family, country and future? He's mad but he's not stupid.
Viola was acting as a spy, and this really happened.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think they were lovers, but Viola comes across as someone forced to be his mistress or chose to be his mistress with an agenda in mind. If they were really lovers then Viola would not have betrayed Doflamingo so easily.
 

keeper1h

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I don't think they were lovers, but Viola comes across as someone forced to be his mistress or chose to be his mistress with an agenda in mind. If they were really lovers then Viola would not have betrayed Doflamingo so easily.
Viola's true allegiance was to her family, and to protect them while trying to take down Doffy, she had to convince him that she was truly reliable.
Sooooo.
A lot of Hanky Panky and cute nicknames ensued, and there was even some fake hate speech towards Viola's old family.
You're partly right, they were not lovers.
They were "lovers".
Viola was a spy.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I mean, Viola was already in a shitty situation working for them so as to try and safeguard her family

So having sex with Doffy to better keep that situation, is a natural step.
Plus let her have some fun.

In male spy stories if the male spy dates a bad girl its a cool situation, why can´t the contrary be the same

"oh but df killed her sister"

we have seen worse pairings in fiction...


tl dr

she hates doffy, but he probally sex gooood
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Don't think intimacy was good enough if she fall for Sanji. Really props to him stealing her away and changing her in the end XD.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
D: I love the Dressrosa arc and have read it many times... but there is one thing I don't really understand. So I sent this question to the current sbs and you. "Why did Viola and Doflamingo call each other "Doffy", "Violet" in chapter 788 "How I fight"?" What were both of them thinking of at that time back then? P.N. Fuki

O: Hm, she was dashing against the enemy. There is a deep secret setting I can't tell you about though. I informed the supervisor about it, but since it is a pretty adult part of the story it remains hidden in the shonen manga which One Piece is. To all adults, please try to imagine yourselves. Dressrosa is truly a passionate country!!
Doesn't really sound like Viola only did it to survive. She was Doflamingo's captive for a decade. Doflamingo has charisma, he is manipulative and Viola was still quite young.

The thing is, this entire story had to be omitted because it was not suited for shonen. If Viola was only faking it to survive, then a panel of her faking romantic interest in Doflamingo would have been perfectly fine and sufficient, since no actual reference to sex was made. I mean Pudding (age 16) faking interest in Sanji (and then even developing actual interest) was perfectly fine as well.

It is something really dark. Probably sexual abuse due to Stockholm syndrom caused by mental abuse.
 

keeper1h

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Doesn't really sound like Viola only did it to survive. She was Doflamingo's captive for a decade. Doflamingo has charisma, he is manipulative and Viola was still quite young.

The thing is, this entire story had to be omitted because it was not suited for shonen. If Viola was only faking it to survive, then a panel of her faking romantic interest in Doflamingo would have been perfectly fine and sufficient, since no actual reference to sex was made. I mean Pudding (age 16) faking interest in Sanji (and then even developing actual interest) was perfectly fine as well.

It is something really dark. Probably sexual abuse due to Stockholm syndrom caused by mental abuse.
You forgot that since day 1 Viola could watch Doffy whitout him even noticing, and that she can briefly see what's going on in someone's mind , even without focusing her power on the subject with her silly pose.

Doflamingo never had a chance to fool Viola, but maybe she saw his real self, AKA the terrified man that woke up from that PTSD nightmare, as we were shown at one point.
Maybe she was moved by his suffering, while she was utterly repelled by everything else about him
But I don't think that she was an hostage of Doffy, IMHO she was an undercover agent.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You forgot that since day 1 Viola could watch Doffy whitout him even noticing, and that she can briefly see what's going on in someone's mind , even without focusing her power on the subject with her silly pose.

Doflamingo never had a chance to fool Viola, but maybe she saw his real self, AKA the terrified man that woke up from that PTSD nightmare, as we were shown at one point.
Maybe she was moved by his suffering, while she was utterly repelled by everything else about him
But I don't think that she was an hostage of Doffy, IMHO she was an undercover agent.
Undercover for whom??? She hasn't met the Tontatta or the Toy Soldier, just watched them, as her dialogue implies. I think it's Monet who restrains her when they seized the castle. She was forced to join, or else she would be dead.
 

keeper1h

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
702
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Undercover for whom??? She hasn't met the Tontatta or the Toy Soldier, just watched them, as her dialogue implies. I think it's Monet who restrains her when they seized the castle. She was forced to join, or else she would be dead.
Why is Rebecca alive?
Why is King Riku still alive?
Why Viola never told to Doflamingo the position and the intentions of his enemies?
How do the Tontattas know about Sugar and her powers?
Viola never contacted them directly, because she knew that they weren't ready at all, and Doflamingo could have discovered the truth about them and Viola's treason.
But she protected them, and she gave them a powerful bit of intel.
 
Top