Chapter Tower of God Chapter 422 Discussion / 423 Predictions

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
Deep Thought of the day: Zahard has been soft on FUG because at the end of the day it’s still tied to Arlene.
 

SUNJULU

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2019
Messages
34
Reaction score
20
Age
29
Country
Canada
Deep Thought of the day: Zahard has been soft on FUG because at the end of the day it’s still tied to Arlene.
BUT he killed her kid tho ???????
right in front of her to tho ?????
yeah he a soft ass teddy bear
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Deep Thought of the day: Zahard has been soft on FUG because at the end of the day it’s still tied to Arlene.
What are you on about? the moment Zahard realized Bam is alive he sent an 'executive order' to kill him off or destroy Fug. Tells me the only reason why he didnt bother with Fug so far is because they posed 0 threat to him not because of Arlene.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I'm not taking a side, but of note is that Z was thought to be 'sleeping'... recent events reactivated him (this is my take anyways).

So, do we really know how he'd be dealing with FUG (considering they might have thrived in his absence)?

Not to mention, they operate underground so to speak. Think more of a guerrilla-style, or hashashin-style, force as opposed to a standing army. Maybe a bit hard to kill?
 
Last edited:

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
I'm not taking a side, but of note is that Z was thought to be 'sleeping'... recent events reactivated him (this is my take anyways).
That doesn't mean that he has been in a literal state of hibernation. It just means that he, like the rest of his climbing mates, has gone inactive for the time being. Maschenny told Yuri about how pleased Zahard was about the recovery of the Green April during the Season Two prologue chapter, which means that he was conscious at that point.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Have you ever read Feng Shen Ji? (if not I highly rec it)

'inactive' has several ranges of implications, as does 'sleeping'

Regardless, I suspect it is similar to the dragon-god in the above-mentioned FSJ in how inactive he is. Also see; Odinsleep, Apocalypse and others.

Edit - to be clear I'm describing a multi-thousand-year slumber with extremely limited contact, and relying mostly on emissaries in the stead.

That said, you could say he is being 'proactive' with FUG now. That is still antithetical to 'inactive'.

I guess it depends on what 'sleeping'/'slumber' or however it is described is meant to convey. There is a strong implication of, if not actual sleep, at least prolonged periods of inactivity to the point that he may have been out of commission from a day-to-day standpoint. (possibly to the point of out of communique even)

Otherwise, why use the word 'sleep'? None of the other FHs have been described as 'sleeping' to my knowledge, and you lump their inactivity in with Z's.

Do not forget that Z actually isn't a monarch that is very involved, or at least (until the events on the Hell Train) hasn't been:


"The Three Lords
Even though Zahard is considered the ruler over the entire Tower, he is currently resting and is represented by the Three Lords who take turns to rule in his place every 1000 years. The Three Lords have the highest authority in all the politics of the Tower. Their names are Molic One P. GR, Joochun and Flux. Among the three, Molic is the one currently in power."


....

So he took a backseat from absolute authority to 'rest'. Why or in what manner we do not know.

Further, Maschenny could have been referring to RED, which seems to act as a stand-in for the 'resting' Zahard.
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States


Elaine's cold stare warms my heart.:hurr
 

GOOMOONRYONG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
454
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Best panel was with Karaka and Modoraco, that made me laugh.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
So... no one is going to talk about 'rainfall'...?
 

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
2,325
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What's that shadow we see on Yama's pool shot?

And a Very important cannon claim by Baragav: Bam's Shinsoo Reinforcing is as strong as Blood Tamara, something that made Baragav imune to damage up until this Floor.

If we recall he survived a huge fall from the sky, Bam could in theory do the same. He won't cause he can fly. But he could.

Considering Baragav = Androssi and Androssi = ranker level constitution, I'd say he should be on par with lowest levels of Rankers on physical matters with this irregular Reinforcing technique.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
What's that shadow we see on Yama's pool shot?
I thought it was just the 'demon' inside him. To represent he's a badass or something.




As far as the Blood Tamara mention - that wasn't even at full power he said. But, obviously they both could go harder. So still likely true (regarding the immunity Baam has)
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,293
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
What's that shadow we see on Yama's pool shot?

And a Very important cannon claim by Baragav: Bam's Shinsoo Reinforcing is as strong as Blood Tamara, something that made Baragav imune to damage up until this Floor.

If we recall he survived a huge fall from the sky, Bam could in theory do the same. He won't cause he can fly. But he could.

Considering Baragav = Androssi and Androssi = ranker level constitution, I'd say he should be on par with lowest levels of Rankers on physical matters with this irregular Reinforcing technique.
Just for the sake of context, baragav isn't a physical match to androsi. even when we saw them fight we were specifically told he wasn't even as fast as she is. Androsi had trouble with him because of the combination of blood tamara which gives him momentary invincibility and the dogs which had the capacity to counter. Of course, with the blood tamara he was ahead of her back then in a straight fight (hence androsi resorting to throwing him). Bam's reinforcement is of course excellent but I wouldn't think he could necessarily win a fistfight against someone who actually was in the same tier as him (specially if said person's deal was fist fights). Also, there is no such thing as an "irregular reinforcing technique". Even with the ha family they simply have an innate talent for reinforcement... And they get an extra from an admin contract. So far as we have seen, irregulars don't have unique mega skills only available to them. They have privileges of course (shinwonryu, unrestricted access to shinsoo without contracts) but the techniques they have as far as we know can at least theoretically be acquired by others if they have the talent and shinsoo qualities for it. Well, there seem to be some techniques which are unique to their bloodlines, specifically the more powerful aspects of arie combat, the yeon flame or anima abilities, but given that non irregulars have them I'd say its inaccurate to categorize them as irregular techniques.

That'd said, I'd be curious to see how androsi would do against baragav nowdays. i'd say she likely can punch through the blood tamara's defensive ability, and if not that she has her shinsoo qualities for it. Shinsoo qualities do not appear to be a power regulars generally have so odds are bam's friends are basically going to lord that over their peers for at least many more floors.
 

Echizen_Akira

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
111
Age
35
Country
England
There might be an irregular only reinforcement technique, the possible "internal combustion" Jahad did with the shinwonryu, though Baam did note that it seemed different to what Edun explained of internal combustion. Speaking of, is Baam using internal with his orb and that's why his reinforcement is so powerful, or is it simply "lvl 2" reinforcement GoG's taught him and an improvement in base stats.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,293
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
There might be an irregular only reinforcement technique, the possible "internal combustion" Jahad did with the shinwonryu, though Baam did note that it seemed different to what Edun explained of internal combustion. Speaking of, is Baam using internal with his orb and that's why his reinforcement is so powerful, or is it simply "lvl 2" reinforcement GoG's taught him and an improvement in base stats.
That wasn't a reinforcement technique though. And wasn't the difference bam noted because data zahard took in a shinwonryu gold bang rather than what he was familiar with, the lightning pill? internal quality control provides an all around boost and if the lightning pill is a reference it can even be used to make stronger shinsoo techniques. Reinforcement in turn simply strengthens the body. I suppose it would be viable to use internal quality shinsoo control to then power up your reinforcement... But that is at least a bit different from what you are suggesting. And still, while shinwonryu is inaccessible to normal tower residents there is no evidence that at least in theory people within the tower couldn't learn the techniques zahard or eduan displayed.

I maintain the orb itself probably can't be used directly for internal quality shinsoo control. The orb is based on an object which behaves dramatically differently from the bangs used in internal quality control, their only similarity would be that they are round. I wouldn't rule out that a orb could be used to make a gigantic bang which can then be used for internal quality control but we shouldn't assume this would work with the orb.

I don't think the guardian taught bam any reinforcement techniques. At a minimum we never saw that.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,688
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France

Hi there, this is SIU. When I peeked outside, the cherry trees were blooming. Looks like spring is upon us once more. I guess the season of wandering about is coming once more; I don't usually do that though, hehe, but I do like this kind of weather. I hope you all enjoy the incoming spring ^
This week: We're putting aside Yama, the main of this arc, for a bit, and get to see Baam infiltrate where Dang Dang is. Since the setting is where it is, we're getting the Mad Dog as well for the first time in a while. Since Varagarv appeared incredibly strong during the Workshop Battles, I thought it would be god to have them match up again. Varagarv got the Blood Tamara and is a very powerful regular, but Baam... as you know have fought not only in difficult matches but astronomical ones at that (TN: Makes a pun off of a proverb, "To fight in mountains and by waters", a phrase to indicate fighting difficult battles, and extrapolates it to include aerial combat and astronomical combat) , so please make sure you guys wait for that.
Actually, although I am trying to make quick pace of the infiltration, but depending on what perspective you are watching, you may feel differently about the speed of progression. From the perspective of Baam the Regular, this is definitely quick, but from characters at play at the Final Station, perhaps not. This was a problem carried over from the previous arc, so I am aware of it when I am writing. Overall in the work, the narrative is followed from the perspective of Baam and his peers, and it is best if you match pace with them ; Well, any work's bound to have this, but if you slowly enjoy a work, it has moments where the contents heat up, and go past small stories about this and that. So if you wait for those moments, I think you will enjoy them hehe. Lastly, we have Dang Dang. Should I say he looks like the Strongest Rookie or not? He's pretty cute hehe.
Well, I hope you guys look out for how the next week goes. May it be a week of health as everyone enjoys the warming weather with the cherry blossoms in the wind. Thanks to everyone I am able to face spring as I'm uploading this year too.
Thank you
Stay Happy!

Source.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
That wasn't a reinforcement technique though. And wasn't the difference bam noted because data zahard took in a shinwonryu gold bang rather than what he was familiar with, the lightning pill? internal quality control provides an all around boost and if the lightning pill is a reference it can even be used to make stronger shinsoo techniques. Reinforcement in turn simply strengthens the body. I suppose it would be viable to use internal quality shinsoo control to then power up your reinforcement... But that is at least a bit different from what you are suggesting. And still, while shinwonryu is inaccessible to normal tower residents there is no evidence that at least in theory people within the tower couldn't learn the techniques zahard or eduan displayed.

I maintain the orb itself probably can't be used directly for internal quality shinsoo control. The orb is based on an object which behaves dramatically differently from the bangs used in internal quality control, their only similarity would be that they are round. I wouldn't rule out that a orb could be used to make a gigantic bang which can then be used for internal quality control but we shouldn't assume this would work with the orb.

I don't think the guardian taught bam any reinforcement techniques. At a minimum we never saw that.
He did and we Saw it. In one of the many times that baam meets him, he talks about teaching him a reinforcement technique. I can't look It up now, but Im pretty sure.

And about shinwonryu, I think Tower residents can't learn It because of contracts that restricts this kind of shinsoo manipulation. As the Gog can use It on the training, but not outside.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,293
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
He did and we Saw it. In one of the many times that baam meets him, he talks about teaching him a reinforcement technique. I can't look It up now, but Im pretty sure.

And about shinwonryu, I think Tower residents can't learn It because of contracts that restricts this kind of shinsoo manipulation. As the Gog can use It on the training, but not outside.
Ah, you are right, I found the reference. I guess this would explain why bam's reinforcement is so good in spite of him generally not having the specks for physical combat yet.

Well, the options are either tower residents simply "can't" use them due to some inherent limitation or otherwise lack the permission to use it and otherwise could potentially learn it.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States

Hi there, this is SIU. When I peeked outside, the cherry trees were blooming. Looks like spring is upon us once more. I guess the season of wandering about is coming once more; I don't usually do that though, hehe, but I do like this kind of weather. I hope you all enjoy the incoming spring ^
This week: We're putting aside Yama, the main of this arc, for a bit, and get to see Baam infiltrate where Dang Dang is. Since the setting is where it is, we're getting the Mad Dog as well for the first time in a while. Since Varagarv appeared incredibly strong during the Workshop Battles, I thought it would be god to have them match up again. Varagarv got the Blood Tamara and is a very powerful regular, but Baam... as you know have fought not only in difficult matches but astronomical ones at that (TN: Makes a pun off of a proverb, "To fight in mountains and by waters", a phrase to indicate fighting difficult battles, and extrapolates it to include aerial combat and astronomical combat) , so please make sure you guys wait for that.
Actually, although I am trying to make quick pace of the infiltration, but depending on what perspective you are watching, you may feel differently about the speed of progression. From the perspective of Baam the Regular, this is definitely quick, but from characters at play at the Final Station, perhaps not. This was a problem carried over from the previous arc, so I am aware of it when I am writing. Overall in the work, the narrative is followed from the perspective of Baam and his peers, and it is best if you match pace with them ; Well, any work's bound to have this, but if you slowly enjoy a work, it has moments where the contents heat up, and go past small stories about this and that. So if you wait for those moments, I think you will enjoy them hehe. Lastly, we have Dang Dang. Should I say he looks like the Strongest Rookie or not? He's pretty cute hehe.
Well, I hope you guys look out for how the next week goes. May it be a week of health as everyone enjoys the warming weather with the cherry blossoms in the wind. Thanks to everyone I am able to face spring as I'm uploading this year too.
Thank you
Stay Happy!

Source.
lol! Even SIU is aware things appear to be slowly progressing (this becomes more evident in just a few chapters). Well, at least he's honest.

This definitely reminds me of Enryu! Interestingly, Garam compared Baam to Enryu and not the family heads.
I agree! Someone should make a thread connecting Baam to Enryu... almost as if they were related or something! ;)
 
Top