- Joined
- May 21, 2018
- Messages
- 566
- Reaction score
- 4,120
- Age
- 32
- Country
-
Go Toubun no Hanayome S2 production decided (weibo)
Finally ! I've been waiting for it ! Thank you very much for the info ! The chapter is really nice, looking forward for the next ones!Blue Lock was picked up by MonoScans and Tonari no Edited Manga, the first chapter is up now. https://mangadex.org/chapter/600338
Yeah, I agree!!! It's cool to have a new good soccer manga. It has a huge potential!Finally ! I've been waiting for it ! Thank you very much for the info ! The chapter is really nice, looking forward for the next ones!
I wonder how long it's going to be. It should have at least 2 cours, it deserves that much considering its huge success.finally
I hope Gotoubun isn't nearing the end, but it definitely seems feasible. That would certainly be a major case of going out on top. If Gotoubun and Juliet are both ending, I'm really hoping 2 more excellent romcoms take their places. Out of all of the currently-running romcoms, I'd say these two are my favorites. It's going to be some pretty huge shoes to fill if they both go around the same timeJust thinking:
-Nanatsu is ending in 2 issues
-Juliet is already in its final arc
-Ahiru no Sora is supposedly in its final arc
-I still think 5toubun is already ending in next 2 volumes
I think WSM is going to have a strong round of serializations too. My bet is the return of Yamada-kun author plus the future next big WSM romcom.
Also, I think the next WSM super-hit is coming this year. Maybe in Summer.
I am actually planning to do something about whole Morning magazine, and that includes sales for d-morning series too. It's gonna be somewhat similar to what i did for gessan. Of course that's only if i can fill the gaps in the TOCs. I am probably gonna post the sales figures for Ase to Sekken regardless, since it's an intriguing case.if you have time, could you make a Shoseki sales list for Ase to Sekken (あせとせっけん)? While not from WSM, it is shockingly doing well for D Morning (basically Kodansha version of Tonari no Young Jump). Even after 11 days, it is still at #149 place with a backlog of Volume 2 and 1 as well. Love the manga, so I am happy for it.
I still wish someone would translate Mako-san since it looks pretty cute and funny, but in all honesty, it seems like a translation nightmare. For a 5-page 4-koma, most chapters seem like they have a ton of text on them. Honestly, with Nanatsu ending soon and Kishuku starting its final arc, Hitman and Mako-san both may still be pretty good for a while longer. Gambler and Shichiha still have to go, plus there's no guarantee the 2 new series that replace those & whatever replaces Nanatsu in 3 issues won't bomb either.Bakenomogatari is still cooling off from the initial hype. Sadly it failed to attract new people who have no idea as to what Bakenomogatari actually is. Even with that, it's a good player for Kodansha, and it's going nowhere.
Juliet's rise from Vol 1 to Vol 6 is really pleasing to look at. One of the rare manga who had below 10k debuts and actually managed to blow up! Happy that it is doing well, and seems like anime helped it break 100k, which is nice.
Eden's Zero seems to be another one of the "a follow up to a hit, but fails to be close to it". Shame it never lived up to the Volume 2 growth potential. I guess it could have been even worse, and of course one of the staples for WSM now that Nanatsu is leaving. Not Fairy Tail 2.0 in sales, but still on remarkable levels.
Kanojo Okarishimasu is now even pushing the peak of it's mangaka's previous work (AKB49) away. And it's still growing and growing without stopping at all! Impressive. Anime is a certain for this one and will probably be announced this year. Same thing for Tokyo Revengers, literally (is beating Dessert Eagle in a big way, constantly rising, anime likely).
Fire Force....I am really hoping anime, which came too late, gives a new life to this manga. Sadly, it's a reverse of Kanojo Okarishimasu. Non-stop dropping since Vol 7 which was 2 years ago. Even still, 60k+ for a month is nothing to sneeze at.
Orient. In a move that was supposed to launch a new big hit for Kodansha....well this happened. No idea at how it all came from one of the best selling series on Sunday to something that keeps dropping but also struggling to sell even 1/8th of Magi post-peak numbers!! Has to stabilize, fast.
Shichiha and Gamblers are straight out dead on arrival flops that should be exterminated from their slate. Embarassing to see a disparity of their numbers and the rest of the WSM lineup.
Danshi Kokosei is one of my biggest surprises, since I did not expect it to work so well! Nothing to add, a pleasant dark horse in the sales game.
Domestic Girlfriend's anime boost may have helped it a bit, while that is a bit questionable considering the last volume had no Special Editions, which sell similiarly to the difference last two volumes had (still looks better than some previous non SE volumes). Does what it does, a solid veteran seller that is past it's peak. Nothing more, nothing else.
Unlike most of the followups to the big hits and even though this falls very short of what post anime movie Koe no Katachi did, Fumetsu no Anata e is still very stable post Vol 1 and it isn't so much down from pre movie KnK. Kodansha probably hoped for better, but it managed to form itself as a middle player, which isn't that bad.
Senryuu Shoujo a.k.a. stable as rock. Shame it hasn't managed to break out, but very decent sales for a 4-koma. Hoping anime gives it some exposure, even if just for a bit.
Mako and Hitman are below 30k players that do just enough to avoid being axed, I guess. They are very lucky the infamous bomb duo just happened, so they should continue for a while.
nice, It would be better if you keep the colour consistent, an easy way is to save them as templates and apply the to every chart, but that depends on your work flow.Inspired by MangAniMY, I was playing around with charts for awhile now. They didn't turn out like exactly i wanted, but whatever. Below are sales figures for some current magazine series.
Before starting i shoud note:
SE = Special Edition, Limited Edition.. etc.
Red colored numbers from oricon, rest are estimates from shoseki lists.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
It's really cool that you're doing this, MangAniMY's charts have been really nice visualizations for the Shonen Jump forums, so it's great that you're stepping up to contribute something similar for Magazine. Keep up the good work!Inspired by MangAniMY, I was playing around with charts for awhile now. They didn't turn out like exactly i wanted, but whatever. Below are sales figures for some current magazine series.
Before starting i shoud note:
SE = Special Edition, Limited Edition.. etc.
Red colored numbers from oricon, rest are estimates from shoseki lists.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()