Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Why? Chainsawman from the first few chapters I read was definitely different from the rest you see in WSJ. The series wears its heart on its sleeve and that's something you dont see a lot. Don't know if that's changed now tho
everytime someone criticizes csm I always see the same thing "it's different bro, its not like the other jump manga". Different doesn't automatically mean it's amazing.

I bet if there was a new serialization where the mc died in the first few chapters and was replaced by another, y'all would be like "bro it's good cause it's different it's a deconstruction of the shonen genre bro the mc died that never happens"
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
The only bad arc in MHA is the Gentle Criminal one, tho. It didn't do anything good for the characters like Jirou or Big 3 girl(which you tought at first it was going to be Jirou's Momo/Kirishima moment), and the cast didn't do much in general except Deku.

Yakuza arc have the same problem that the swordsmith villague arc in Kimetsu, it was a good arc but inferior than his predecessor and some important character didn't appear(like Todoroki in MHA or Inosuke in Kimetsu)

Endeavor and MLA are fun to see, is fresh to read what are doing other people and the Main character don't being the center of the series.
And Class A vs Class B was fun to read except bakugou battle(and the Oh my twist is a little rought).Kendo, Jesusgirl and Tetsutetsu are more important in the story than sugar man, so we needed to see how much they improve(and let shine some like mushroom girl).
Reread Swordsmith Arc. It's a good thing that Zen and Pig weren't there for that arc. It has a different, and very good, focus.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Or maybe people have different opinions? But here are solid reasons why I think MHA’s current arc is the best in the magazine.

One Piece is a close second.

Jujutsu has always been overrated to me, but a solid series

Black Clover’s current arc started of great to me, but now is dragging.

Current Neverland arc is probably my least favorite in the series. Loved it since Norman came back, but haven’t been crazy over the last 3 or 4 chapters.

Not caught up on Act-Age, but love the series. However, I always prefer action and adventure series in the magazine. So I doubt Act-Age would be my favorite even if I was caught up

Chainsaw Man is great right now, but it’s not the kind of manga that I usually stan

Dr.Stone is always fun to me. But not my favorite arc in the magazine.

Admittedly I’m not caught up with Haikyuu, but I doubt Haikyuu would be my favorite arc in the magazine currently even if I was caught up

Kimetsu is solid, but not it’s strongest arc.

We all know what Soma’s current level of quality is

We Never Learn is cool, but romance and harem series are rarely what I consider the best in the magazine.

Admittedly don’t read Hinamaru Zumou.

And regarding the new series
Sayuuki is cool, but never got the high praise. Just an average manga to me.

Kamui Yui isn’t as bad as everyone make its out to be, but it’s still not my thing.

Enjoying Samurai 8 so far, but far from my favorite manga.

Beat Children is okay, but I’m not a rugby fan, nor do I have any interest in the sport, so the future of the manga doesn’t excite me what so ever.

And I’d rather watch paint dry than read a manga revolves around a board game.
You realize this entire post is just you saying,

"BNHA has the best arc in Jump rn. And here's why. Oh manga 1? It's not the best arc. Oh manga 2? It's not the best arc. Oh manga 3? Oh manga 19?"

This is unironically one of the worst comments I've seen in my half a year or so on this thread. Congratulations.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If anyone truly believes this then y'all have disappointed the human race
Please elaborate, o wiseman of objectively correct taste.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
everytime someone criticizes csm I always see the same thing "it's different bro, its not like the other jump manga". Different doesn't automatically mean it's amazing.

I bet if there was a new serialization where the mc died in the first few chapters and was replaced by another, y'all would be like "bro it's good cause it's different it's a deconstruction of the shonen genre bro the mc died that never happens"
Yeah I feel like people only praise it cause its, like TPN was at the start, not like the others. Oddly seems strange that the people that say Chainsawman is pushing the boundaries of jump and is opening the floodgates of a new zeitgeist of manga that will make everyone believe in the lord and savior, that they criticize demon hunting manga in general, which seems odd.

Chainsawman clearly isnt taking off and has problems with abuse of power, workplace harassment, and underage sexual provocation and acts, so it is actually a bad manga.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
I mean, I don’t really get why it’s an absurd claim. The arc has been getting praised on pretty much most manga and anime communities. And MHA’s regular fanbase overall praise it.

And even here, you and like 2 other people seem to be the only people in this thread that think its absolutely abysmal.

Most people either seem to think it’s okay, solid, or good.
I think it's okay to good range.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

everytime someone criticizes csm I always see the same thing "it's different bro, its not like the other jump manga". Different doesn't automatically mean it's amazing.

I bet if there was a new serialization where the mc died in the first few chapters and was replaced by another, y'all would be like "bro it's good cause it's different it's a deconstruction of the shonen genre bro the mc died that never happens"
Don't flame my boy Double Taisei so much
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yeah I feel like people only praise it cause its, like TPN was at the start, not like the others. Oddly seems strange that the people that say Chainsawman is pushing the boundaries of jump and is opening the floodgates of a new zeitgeist of manga that will make everyone believe in the lord and savior, that they criticize demon hunting manga in general, which seems odd.

Chainsawman clearly isnt taking off and has problems with abuse of power, workplace harassment, and underage sexual provocation and acts, so it is actually a bad manga.
abuse of power Endeavor
workplace harassment Momo coerced into advertisement shoot
and underage sexual provocation and acts Midnight
so it is actually a bad manga.

Well case closed I guess
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I dont even think the arc is bad, when its animated and there's lots of fun SoL moments along with the musical it should be enjoyable (and that smile at the end)
Honestly, I'm actually looking forward to that arc more than the preceding one in the next season. Because I want to see what it SOUNDS like when Bones adapts it (plus, there's a good chance of Bones adding their own visual flair to the concert. And given their track record, it's probably going to look great).
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
abuse of power Endeavor
workplace harassment Momo coerced into advertisement shoot
and underage sexual provocation and acts Midnight
so it is actually a bad manga.
People actively engage Horikoshi on twitter for these misdeeds so in some ways the manga is bad.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm actually looking forward to that arc more than the preceding one in the next season. Because I want to see what it SOUNDS like when Bones adapts it (plus, there's a good chance of Bones adding their own visual flair to the concert. And given their track record, it's probably going to look great).
I heard the voice actor of Jirou sings, would be cool for an original song
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Reread Swordsmith Arc. It's a good thing that Zen and Pig weren't there for that arc. It has a different, and very good, focus.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



You realize this entire post is just you saying,

"BNHA has the best arc in Jump rn. And here's why. Oh manga 1? It's not the best arc. Oh manga 2? It's not the best arc. Oh manga 3? Oh manga 19?"

This is unironically one of the worst comments I've seen in my half a year or so on this thread. Congratulations.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Please elaborate, o wiseman of objectively correct taste.
Or, maybe that’s just my way of saying that I still like what a series is doing, and don’t have any particular major criticisms for it. It’s just “not the best arc” imo.

There’s no need to be an dick and condescending when no one has done to same to you.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Seriously, Supercow, what the hell is your problem. Because you've acted nothing but condescending and arrogant since I've met you.
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
I mean, I don’t really get why it’s an absurd claim. The arc has been getting praised on pretty much most manga and anime communities. And MHA’s regular fanbase overall praise it.

And even here, you and like 2 other people seem to be the only people in this thread that think its absolutely abysmal.

Most people either seem to think it’s okay, solid, or good.
People praised A vs B so saying people like something means absolutely nothing to the quality of it.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
everytime someone criticizes csm I always see the same thing "it's different bro, its not like the other jump manga". Different doesn't automatically mean it's amazing.

I bet if there was a new serialization where the mc died in the first few chapters and was replaced by another, y'all would be like "bro it's good cause it's different it's a deconstruction of the shonen genre bro the mc died that never happens"
Eh? Stop talking like a 10 year old please.

I said, different and wears its heart on its sleeve. Two qualities that make it stand out from the WSJ crowd at the moment. Didn't say it was amazing. The fact that most of those who enjoy the series actually thinks its different and says it is, it probably means to them it is? You know, individual tastes are a thing.

Also, who cares if a series isn't "amazing"? As long as it is enjoyable to the majority, does it matter?
BC isn't "amazing". Neither is MHA right now. Yet, people are enjoying these for what they are.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Seriously, Supercow, what the hell is your problem. Because you've acted nothing but condescending and arrogant since I've met you.
Oh, that's just him. He's snappy and likes to prove his point aggressively. Ignore him if he annoys you.
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
Probably because the anime is animated with the budget of whatever Perriot has behind their couch.

In other news, I read the new Yuuna chapter, and now I want Tadahiro Miura to go to prison. Seriously, how the fuck was that allowed?
I cant believe I missed this gem of a comment
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Reread Swordsmith Arc. It's a good thing that Zen and Pig weren't there for that arc. It has a different, and very good, focus.
I always defended the swordsmith arc when it was airing, is a fun arc . But I'm being objetive and have the same problem as Yakuza arc.
In the end, the "reread x" can be use with all argument.
 

Kaizoku_82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
Messages
100
Reaction score
226
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I thought we all agreed when we were talking about that old sports manga a short while back ("Touch"?), that there is no expiration date on spoilers?
Thought so too, unfortunately...

Eh? Stop talking like a 10 year old please.

I said, different and wears its heart on its sleeve. Two qualities that make it stand out from the WSJ crowd at the moment. Didn't say it was amazing. The fact that most of those who enjoy the series actually thinks its different and says it is, it probably means to them it is? You know, individual tastes are a thing.

Also, who cares if a series isn't "amazing"? As long as it is enjoyable to the majority, does it matter?
BC isn't "amazing". Neither is MHA right now. Yet, people are enjoying these for what they are.
"Individual tastes are a thing" is a sentence that deserves a lot of emphasis on this thread.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
"Individual tastes are a thing" is a sentence that deserves a lot of emphasis on this thread.
True. And to be fair to those supporting CSM. I don't think anyone calls it amazing or the best thing since butter. People are enjoying it for the twists that are straight to the face and not being hinted at for 10 chapters or arcs and the simple character the MC has which A LOT of people seem to relate to.
It's not for everyone, like the puke thing. But damn, some people cant understand that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hi I´m new.
I got recommended this page for news related for Jump.
I will not be a bother.
Hahaha. Best newbie comment all month.

Welcome :)
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Seriously, Supercow, what the hell is your problem. Because you've acted nothing but condescending and arrogant since I've met you.
Examples please.

Oh, that's just him. He's snappy and likes to prove his point aggressively. Ignore him if he annoys you.
Ouch. I thought I was only snappy to Rica_Patin sometimes, SharkBait sometimes, and most of the time to Rain Spectre. Oh and also to the people who kept virtue signalling on Toriko. I don't think I've really been too offensive on any other subject. Sometimes I scoff at comments that I find totally ridiculous. (Not including comments purely based on subjective taste.) I hope I don't come across as perpetually snappy and aggressive to literally everyone on the board.

True. And to be fair to those supporting CSM. I don't think anyone calls it amazing or the best thing since butter. People are enjoying it for the twists that are straight to the face and not being hinted at for 10 chapters or arcs and the simple character the MC has which A LOT of people seem to relate to.
It's not for everyone, like the puke thing. But damn, some people cant understand that.
I think it's amazing and the best thing since butter ;)

Or, maybe that’s just my way of saying that I still like what a series is doing, and don’t have any particular major criticisms for it. It’s just “not the best arc” imo.

There’s no need to be an dick and condescending when no one has done to same to you.
Well it's a terrible way to say you like BNHA, to go over every single one of the inferior series in Jump. If I like Chainsawman it doesn't mean I bash Yuragi-sou for being worse.

Okay, now let me quote parts of your post directly.

"One Piece is a close second.
Dr.Stone is always fun to me. But not my favorite arc in the magazine.
Admittedly I’m not caught up with Haikyuu, but I doubt Haikyuu would be my favorite arc in the magazine currently even if I was caught up
Kimetsu is solid, but not it’s strongest arc."

The reason I replied in such a way to your post is because, even without any reduction of your points, your comment is literally: "BNHA is #1. Why? Because One Piece isn't #1. Because Dr. Stone isn't #1. Because ..." If you gave actual points then we could discuss, but this is just hilarious.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hi I´m new.
I got recommended this page for news related for Jump.
I will not be a bother.
Nice profile pic <3
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top