Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Yep, Haikyuu was never confirmed for Fall. Just that it was getting a screening in fall.
Kickoff event on Sep 22, not a screening. Its also possible that we could get a date and more info next issue seeing that it has the issue cover
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
That's the thing though, Aho Girl pretty clearly has some level of Otaku appeal, and Pop Team Epic is basically meme culture personified. "Classic" gag seems rapidly unable to work unless it has some way of tying back to internet culture.

I will say though, I think a modern comedy could really work if it ditched its roots and embraced the new era. Can you imagine a Jump manga with the sheer chaotic energy of something like Nukitashi for example?

Btw is that an new upcoming anime?
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Current Top 10 manga in English on MangaPlus
1. One Piece
2. Dragon Ball Super
3. My Hero Academia
4. Naruto
5. Spy x Family
6. Jigokuraku
7. Chainsaw Man
8. Arata Primal: The New Primitive (!!!)
9. Boruto
10. Kimetsu no Yaiba
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yakuza arc almost made me drop BnHA. So subsequently, I don't have high hopes for this arc's adaptation.
Well, I dislike this arc too, but I think it may work well animated and with a better pacing.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
New Chainsaw Man chapter:

CALLED IT
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Even I don't know what Double Taisei is doing at this point.
Maybe this is like Nagamine from Bakuman and the author is just taking whatever suggestion he can from the internet on how to progress the story.
 

puppeto4

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
82
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I have to say both Yui and Saiyuki finally started picking up steam this week. Too bad about their ranking
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
It is obvious the Taisei mangaka got negative reception for what he did, so now he is backtracking it. Which is a horrible move that probably puts this manga at the bottom of the bottom manga I have read recently. What a shame. Also a huge waste of a chapter, whereas nothing meaningful happened except for the final scene.

DOA and forgotten by everyone, simply put.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
About Ikezawa, I'm not someone who cheer for mangaka to don't get success but it's really difficult to not do that when he was an asshole like that with Medaka Box and Reborn. Granted, that was like 7 years ago so he probably changed this mentality.. which jesus, it was really disrespectful to the other people working.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
for a moment I thought that kamio yui is in the same universe as Nuraryhion in the wizard.
beast children moved me with the chapter this week, I think I'm going to start cheering for him.
I liked the plot twist of Double taisei.
TSS - Ever since I saw Captain America the Winter Soldier I started to love fights inside elevators.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
for a moment I thought that kamio yui is in the same universe as Nuraryhion in the wizard.
beast children moved me with the chapter this week, I think I'm going to start cheering for him.
I liked the plot twist of Double taisei.
TSS - Ever since I saw Captain America the Winter Soldier I started to love fights inside elevators.
My friend just read Yui and he said
Ryuji Keikain from Nurarihyon
appears? Also that the story is becoming very messy and random.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Samurai 8 is becoming a disaster. Not only has basically nothing happened since Chapter 1, but Kishi has turned the manga into a collage of random exposition meant to explain how samurai in this setting work without explaining literally anything. I seriously can't quite understand how anyone can enjoy this.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
This batch continues to be terrible
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was enjoying Double Taisei, but now... well, I think the author has no idea what he's doing. The chapter 2 twist was interesting, but now... Five chapters and I have no idea what the story's supposed to be.

Beast Children is growing on me, though. I think it's my favourite of the four. Tokyo Shinobi Squad had a fine first chapter but I am already uninterested in what's going on. And Samurai 8... well, this chapter wasn't terrible, I think, but it didn't solve any of the problems the manga has.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Yui Kamio definitely feels like it's in its end-game now, as does Last Saiyuki. I'm pretty bummed about Yui's chapter as well since the last few were actually both interesting and well-paced, but this one just randomly introduces some super powerful, seemingly all-knowing dude completely out of the blue. At the very least, they could've had a page of Yui calling or at least meeting up with this guy. I actually thought I had missed a chapter at first.

I'm done following Shonobi, just don't find it interesting. The MC just seems ridiculously overpowered that there's pretty much no sense of tension. DT might go down as one of the most crazily-executed main plots ever. At this point, I just scroll super quick to see what the bondage guy is going to do lol.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
MangaPlus may not translate the GIGA chapters for Soma, there is no countdown (even Jimoto has it for Saikyou continuation).
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Holy shit Kamio Yui totally awakened the Nurarihyon gen that it partially has awaked in previous 2 chapters. This week chapter has been amazing. A pity that it seems too late for it.

For new manga, both Taisei and Beast Children were pretty meh. Tokyo Shinobi Squad chapter 3 was fine, however.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Act-Age chapter was beyond ridiculous (and I like it) but a certain scene would be a fantastic one for a good anime adaptation.

Beast Children is growing on me too. Tokyo had a solid chapter so far, seems it will go around a bit episodic at the beginning, but I don't mind it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top