- Joined
- Jun 26, 2014
- Messages
- 5,550
- Reaction score
- 15,717
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Out of curiosity, Rain, What do you think about Yu-gi-oh?
Honestly don't have one yet.Out of curiosity, Rain, What do you think about Yu-gi-oh?
You should give a chance. One of best Jump titles ever and also one of most important Jump titles.Honestly don't have one yet.
Final was the weakest duel of the Battle City Tournament (still very enjoyable, Obelisk directly attacking Marik was so kino).I never watched the Yu Gi Oh anime, but it was one of the first manga I read when the Viz vault became a thing. It was a really fun series, silly for sure, but there was a lot of heart behind it that made for some great moments though. I can't help but feel bad for Jounochi though, he was a great duelist but just not as good as all the people with Egyptian artifacts and god cards.
I read that manga pre-Duel Kingdom part too, and I liked it a lot. Though the beginning was fairly repetitive even if unique.No one talks about YGO season 0 sadly. Understandable since most of us grew up with duel monsters...
Eh, what about the whole concept of "underground, criminal chefs" with the Noirs, the poor handling of literally every side character, the stupid introduction and plot around Mana, the baffling and unworthy tournament structure of BLUE and the shokugekis from the Noir chefs (e.g. cooking with a chainsaw sword, TNT, and a morning star, kidnapping participants with the knowledge of the tournament staff)? That was all pretty bad, imo.Asahi and the Handling of Erina were the only actual issues, everything else was great
Can we all at least agree that Hachimaru's Princess companion seems like she'll be adorable?
I dont see it, how much does eden sale? Better than most of its magazine?
This is the WSJ discussion thread. Eden's Zero isn't a WSJ manga and therefore discussion about it doesn't belong here.I dont see it, how much does eden sale? Better than most of its magazine?
Yu-Gi-Oh is a very interesting case beacuse Duel Monsters is huge in the West (hence why Yugi and Kaiba both made it to Jump Force), but most people aren't familiar with the original manga.You should give a chance. One of best Jump titles ever and also one of most important Jump titles.
Final was the weakest duel of the Battle City Tournament (still very enjoyable, Obelisk directly attacking Marik was so kino).
Also, Yugi vs Kaiba is still for me the best rivalry Shonen Jump has ever had.
PD: We remember how Jounochi ''beat'' Marik, but we don't remember how Rashid also ''beat'' Jounochi in quarter-finals.
Isnt Waking the Dragons recognized as one of the best arcs in Yu-gi-oh OG anime? I remember loving the arc even if it was a filler.I remember really liking Duel Monsters when I was younger but I only watched until the horrendous filler arc about the dragons (which tbh, its hilarious) so I never really watched the final of the series, just a few episodes of the final arc.
The only thing I know about the 4Kids fiasco is trough the abridged series that has Yugioh, because what I remember, the spanish dub wasn't really bad unlike the english one. With GX is the same.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh the Bakura Monster World arc. Final one before the manga rebooted as well. Loved it. Also it has to be said how the art improved so quickly here.YGO 0 was kino. I read the manga (anime got a filler girl for some reason which almost does nothing to the plot). The RPG against Bakura was amazing.
![]()
Without counting One Piece, Naruto, or short anime like Death Note, I think Yu-gi-oh has been the only manga in 90s and 00s to be completely animated (despite having some important changes respect to manga). Not Bleach, Toriko, Slam Dunk, D.Grayman, Reborn!, Kenshin, etc managed to get all the entire manga animated.
The next long manga to get full anime I think it were Kuroko no Basket and Gintama. Tbh I dunno if Hikaru no Go, Eyeshield21, Ichigo100% and Prince of Tennis got complete anime adaptations.
Also, the manga before YGO to get full anime I think it was Yu Yu Hakusho, but not sure at all. Well, Saint Seiya got the complete animation in 00s with the Hades OVAs.
Now things are changing. I wouldn't be surprised if Hero Academia gets complete animation.
Yeah, Takahashi art has always been great, but has evolved into something more great. Is amazing the evolution of his art in the manga.Isnt Waking the Dragons recognized as one of the best arcs in Yu-gi-oh OG anime? I remember loving the arc even if it was a filler.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh the Bakura Monster World arc. Final one before the manga rebooted as well. Loved it. Also it has to be said how the art improved so quickly here.
MB. If you come find me though it'll be a fun timeSo, is anyone sad about Soma having ended? Anyone miss it?
I'm definitely not cynical -_- Please don't mistake my snarky replies to those who don't know when to stop discussions or to those spreading false data as cynical.
TAKE THAT BACK.
I live in Canada as well. To quote Liam Neeson "I will find you"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
They're trying to promote a lot of young artists via one-shots and GIGA and Jump+ which I think is an unhealthy mindset, that's all I mean. e.g. Masaoki Shindou.I mean, aside from having the same name, Jump+ is pretty different since it has a different focus compared to WSJ, it has varied schedules as it's digital and even different editors so it's not like they're the same thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't remember any case of manga on Jump made by people below 20 yo. What are you talking about?
How dare they use their secondary platforms to give up and coming creators exposure! What sacrilege!MB. If you come find me though it'll be a fun time
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
They're trying to promote a lot of young artists via one-shots and GIGA and Jump+ which I think is an unhealthy mindset, that's all I mean. e.g. Masaoki Shindou.
Yup! After all, rookies have to start somewhere, and GIGA is part of a long tradition of seasonal magazines that do just that. Jump+ is a bit of a different story, but a pretty cool one as the digital platform has enabled their editorial to take more risks on younger or more unusual talent. All positive stuff reallyHow dare they use their secondary platforms to give up and coming creators exposure! What sacrilege!
Also, haven't they always been doing this.