Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
lol

Jesus Christ, the hot takes lately.
I remember when I could check this thread every few days and we'd still be on the same exact page. It was just like the same few regulars who were genuinely passionate, educated and dedicated to this interest and I'd always be learning new things or engaging in small scale but really rewarding discussions.
Now if I don't come here for 3 days there will be 40+ pages of new crap to read; none of it useful or relevant, just a bunch of teenagers jacking off their own egos together when those egos are entirely unwarranted because they know absolutely nothing about Jump or Japan in general but they sure love pretending otherwise.
I remember finally getting tired of all the bickering and incompetent posters in the WSJ thread on Narutoforums all those years ago, deciding to stay here full-time because of the different energy. Now this place is even worse than fucking Narutoforum's WSJ thread when it was active.

I don't mind an active thread, in fact I really love how active we can be. I just think the quality of discussion and posters has declined so drastically over the last few years it's insane. This place is recognizable in name only.
 

Belkac3m

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
164
Reaction score
185
Age
32
Country
Joker
I remember when I could check this thread every few days and we'd still be on the same exact page. It was just like the same few regulars who were genuinely passionate, educated and dedicated to this interest and I'd always be learning new things or engaging in small scale but really rewarding discussions.
Now if I don't come here for 3 days there will be 40+ pages of new crap to read; none of it useful or relevant, just a bunch of teenagers jacking off their own egos together when those egos are entirely unwarranted because they know absolutely nothing about Jump or Japan in general but they sure love pretending otherwise.
I remember finally getting tired of all the bickering and incompetent posters in the WSJ thread on Narutoforums all those years ago, deciding to stay here full-time because of the different energy. Now this place is even worse than fucking Narutoforum's WSJ thread when it was active.

I don't mind an active thread, in fact I really love how active we can be. I just think the quality of discussion and posters has declined so drastically over the last few years it's insane. This place is recognizable in name only.
Oh
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Also, hot-take. Golem Hearts was a far better version of Samurai 8.
Never really understood the flack that serialization got. Loved the relationship between the mc and his father, dug the relationship between the mc and his rival, MC's design felt fresh but still familiar enough to not feel gimmicky, and really loved the atmosphere and world.

And even though Edens Zero only similar to Samurai 8 through the space exploration angle (would be funny if Kishi baits us all and saves space for Part 2), EZ will be/is a far better space adventure manga as well.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Togashi did it. So did the Slam Dunk guy. Kishi is a bigger name than the other mangaka you can name, though.
I'd argue that Innoue is bigger than Kishi. What Innoue seems to be able to do is very rare tho.
I doubt Oda will return after OP given how he'd be 70 by then but if he does, it'll be interesting to see the direction he would take.

I remember finally getting tired of all the bickering and incompetent posters in the WSJ thread on Narutoforums all those years ago, deciding to stay here full-time because of the different energy. Now this place is even worse than fucking Narutoforum's WSJ thread when it was active.

I don't mind an active thread, in fact I really love how active we can be. I just think the quality of discussion and posters has declined so drastically over the last few years it's insane. This place is recognizable in name only.
Oh wow. I remember people saying they were from Narutoforum over here and how they found this place so much better.
I'd say the quality has gone down triple times in the last 2-4 months alone.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I remember when I could check this thread every few days and we'd still be on the same exact page. It was just like the same few regulars who were genuinely passionate, educated and dedicated to this interest and I'd always be learning new things or engaging in small scale but really rewarding discussions.
Now if I don't come here for 3 days there will be 40+ pages of new crap to read; none of it useful or relevant, just a bunch of teenagers jacking off their own egos together when those egos are entirely unwarranted because they know absolutely nothing about Jump or Japan in general but they sure love pretending otherwise.
I remember finally getting tired of all the bickering and incompetent posters in the WSJ thread on Narutoforums all those years ago, deciding to stay here full-time because of the different energy. Now this place is even worse than fucking Narutoforum's WSJ thread when it was active.

I don't mind an active thread, in fact I really love how active we can be. I just think the quality of discussion and posters has declined so drastically over the last few years it's insane. This place is recognizable in name only.
Yeah, I don't like it either. These topics are supposed to be *the* definitive source for all news in regards to WSJ outside of Japan, that other sites would literally get their information from.

Now it's a smoldering husk of what it used to be. It's depressing. I don't know what happened.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Perhaps the fact that the name of the kishimoto is strong is harming the quality of the samurai 8 story, after all kishimoto has Naruto on his resume that is a cultural phenomenon, so samurai 8 will not be canceled.
It is much easier for them to cancel the other 3 than samurai 8.
Double taisei; I do not know if it survives, but if it happens, it has a face that if it lasts a long time it ruins, 2 years at most (considering that it is successful).
Beast children; it's more of the same, it's generic and there's nothing there that we have not seen in dozens of other manga.
TSS; the same as beast childrem, but he is well marked by the controversy of the first chapter, but as he is prol Japan, maybe he has a treatment similar to that of jimoto ga japan and be transferred to another magazine.
What I'm trying to say is that the lack of concern about being canceled is leaving the kishimoto accommodated, that's why samurai 8 is not responding to the expectations generated.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
4chan:

Pure Ranking

1 [ 941 ] One Piece
2 [ 156 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba
3 [ 103 ] Dr. Stone
4 [ 226 ] Boku no Hero Academia
5 [ 20 ] Chainsaw Man
6 [ 133 ] Yakusoku no Neverland
7 [ 239 ] Hinomaru Zumō
8 [ 63 ] Act-Age
9 [ 57 ] Jujutsu Kaisen
10 [ 157 ] Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san
11 [ 9 ] Saigo no Saiyūki
12 [ 8 ] Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui

Average Ranking (8 Weeks)

1 [ 1 ] One Piece
2 [ 1.83 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba
3 [ 2.6 ] Yakusoku no Neverland
4 [ 3.2 ] Dr. Stone
5 [ 4 ] Black Clover
6 [ 5.17 ] Bokutachi wa Benkyō ga Dekinai
7 [ 5.71 ] Act-Age
8 [ 6 ] Jujutsu Kaisen
9 [ 6.25 ] Boku no Hero Academia
10 [ 6.43 ] Chainsaw Man
11 [ 7.6 ] Haikyū!!
12 [ 9.17 ] Hinomaru Zumō
13 [ 10.29 ] Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san
14 [ 10.5 ] Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
15 [ 12.25 ] Saigo no Saiyūki
Chainsawman seems to be doing well even without an anime.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Also, hot-take. Golem Hearts was a far better version of Samurai 8.
Never really understood the flack that serialization got. Loved the relationship between the mc and his father, dug the relationship between the mc and his rival, MC's design felt fresh but still familiar enough to not feel gimmicky, and really loved the atmosphere and world.

And even though Edens Zero only similar to Samurai 8 through the space exploration angle (would be funny if Kishi baits us all and saves space for Part 2), EZ will be/is a far better space adventure manga as well.
I prefer the aesthetic in Samurai 8 to Golem Hearts, but I do agree that the series was underrated and deserved to survive.

As for Eden's Zero, I mean, it actually has went into space adventure mode already, so by default it's better. I'll reserve judgement until I see what Sam8 does in that regard.

In regards to space adventures, they all sucked to what Toriko was gonna do anyway.

(Shhhhh, I don't want to hear otherwise. *pouts*)
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't like it either. These topics are supposed to be *the* definitive source for all news in regards to WSJ outside of Japan, that other sites would literally get their information from.

Now it's a smoldering husk of what it used to be. It's depressing. I don't know what happened.
I think that's partially the problem.
Our reputation as "the definitive source" got bigger and bigger, attracting those who liked the idea of contributing to the source even when they have nothing to actually contribute. It's about ego. They all want to be the next Yonkou and use us as a springboard to Twitter.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
even though i want quality, I do kinda want to see if we can reach 1000 pages in a calendar year

people should really used the dedicated series subforum/thread though and no, saying it should stay because you can connect the to jump in general doesn't count
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
This forum becomes a lot better when you remember the ignore user function exists :derp
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
So, any confirmation of which of the TOCs posted is the real one? I'm a little confused haha
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
So, any confirmation of which of the TOCs posted is the real one? I'm a little confused haha
nobody confirmed anything yet.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
This forum becomes a lot better when you remember the ignore user function exists :derp
I'm too OCD to be out of the loop on discussions simply because I don't like people.
The people I don't like still get responded to.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
So, any confirmation of which of the TOCs posted is the real one? I'm a little confused haha
WSJ Issue #30

Haikyu!! (Cover)
One Piece
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone
My Hero Academia
Samurai 8 (CP)
Chainsaw Man
Futari no Taisei
We Never Learn (CP)
Beast Children
The Promised Neverland
Hinomaru Zumo
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Act-Age
Kakuremi (OneShot/CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna
The Last Saiyūki
Kamio Yui

WSJ Issue #31
Dr. Stone (Cover)
Act-Age (CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen (CP) Popularity Poll Results
Sayonara Manuke Yukai-han-san (One Shot)
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
I would argue the image isn't even needed with that kind of quality,

I can never understand why people want off angle image with glares


not like everyone won't get it a few days anyway, the originals are uploaded on jump site, and a cleaner version are on viz/mangaplus


heck Edited Mangas are earlier and of astronomically better quality than off angle blury, image with glare, I'm saying unless it is scanned, why bother,
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it's not in your hands, he has original pics and he can put a watermark or cut it !
Rica was saying that it's a copyrighted image that SpyTrue most definitely does not own/did not create, thus the fact that he should not put his watermark on it. There's literally no need and it's not even the correct usage of a watermark. It's irrelevant WHO has the magazine if they don't actually own the content of the page. Which he doesn't.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top