Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I don't quite know why we should be happy about Ikezawa being back. The man is an asshole, and deserves the hand fate dealt him.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Lots of artists are assholes. What a silly fucking argument.
A strong personality doesn't affect ones ability to make art. In fact from a certain perspective it improves it.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't quite know why we should be happy about Ikezawa being back. The man is an asshole, and deserves the hand fate dealt him.
Wow so he is a asshole that should be banned from the manga industry because he said some stuff about some mangas? good luck banning all kind of artists in the entertainment business because that lol

People say worst things about mangas and authors here in this thread, including you, should you and all be banned too?
 

El Jacco

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
342
Reaction score
2,920
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
"This man said mean things about this series, he deserves be banned for life"

Good luck trying to enjoy any form of entertainment because you will always found that there are a lot of assholes in movies, television, etc., and of course, the manga and anime industry. If you don´t like the way he is, just don't consume his products.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't quite know why we should be happy about Ikezawa being back. The man is an asshole, and deserves the hand fate dealt him.
*sigh*

Everyone covered everything that needed to be said, but I will say this, it is kinda funny that he finds success outside of Jump, and not only that, but with an ecchi series of all things.

Not sure how his past self would react to his current situation, if his controversial opinions were anything to go by.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
So what did you guys think about the new chapters of Ao no Flag and Spy x Family?
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
So what did you guys think about the new chapters of Ao no Flag and Spy x Family?
Ao no Flag and last 3 chapters....hard to really comment much here. I could see people saying it is too preachy for it's own good and that it's TL;DR/too many words but I enjoyed the debate that happened, mostly because of a really good translation that made it to be written very well. I have to say it feels like the mangaka is self inserting his opinions too direct.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I have to update Spy x Family, 3 chapters behind but so far i'm really enjoying, very good manga.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Everyone can survive with an ecchi manga. It's just pitiful and low lmao😂
I mean...Yuuna technically is good ecchi, so I guess people have some standards? I guess? It's better than TLR, at any rate. (I'm gonna get bombarded by TLR fans, aren't I)
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've never understood the argument that ecchi manga are some sort of lower form of art. Sure, there are probably some pretty bad ecchi manga, but there's also quite a few bad manga of every genre? I don't know. It just reminds me of those people who demand games be censored, yet never had any intention of playing it themselves even if it were.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I mean...Yuuna technically is good ecchi, so I guess people have some standards? I guess? It's better than TLR, at any rate. (I'm gonna get bombarded by TLR fans, aren't I)
Nope, no bombarding. Both are really good. One being better than the other is just an opinion.
 

LuckyJim

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2018
Messages
326
Reaction score
366
Age
30
Country
Buy Moria
I’d just like to point out that there’s still no confirmation that this guy actually is Ikezawa, it’s just speculation. The similarities in art style could be because he was an assistant or something.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Speaking for myself, ecchi has never been something I've enjoyed all that much, regardless of quality. To me, it's like eating ice cream. I like ice cream, but every now and then, and not during every meal.

Sexiness is more impactful when it's stretched out, and not completely the core focus. But, having said that, I don't fault others who like ice cream during every meal.
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Speaking for myself, ecchi has never been something I've enjoyed all that much, regardless of quality. To me, it's like eating ice cream. I like ice cream, but every now and then, and not during every meal.

Sexiness is more impactful when it's stretched out, and not completely the core focus. But, having said that, I don't fault others who like ice cream during every meal.
I like ecchi, but I definitely understand. Some series are pretty borderline even for me. I've been keeping up with the Seven Seas volume releases of World's End Harem, but it's very close to being "too" ecchi.

If it were actually marketed and released as say a ****** series, it wouldn't be that odd, but the fact that it's an actually quite successful Shonen Jump+ title that is frequently one of the more popular titles makes its content seem "worse" by comparison, in my opinion.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
I've never understood the argument that ecchi manga are some sort of lower form of art. Sure, there are probably some pretty bad ecchi manga, but there's also quite a few bad manga of every genre? I don't know. It just reminds me of those people who demand games be censored, yet never had any intention of playing it themselves even if it were.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just admit it, its lower form as author. Cheap money grab. Like isekai, garbo af
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Also my favorite so far. Don't know if art improved or I just get used to it but I didn't strain my eyes this time
Same for me. My favorite chapter so far. The humor was really good, progression over the chapter was good as well, much like the pacing.

And yeah, the art seemed different somehow. It wasn't just you, I also felt that.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This discussion reminds me of something I've wanted to ask you guys.

Which WSJ mangaka would you like to see make a ******? Or at the very least, a ****** of their own series.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow sooo edgy man, how people can like ecchi and isekai trash man? it's a lower form of art, i only like my super complex and deep superior battle shounens and deep seinen mangas! kkkkk
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just admit it, its lower form as author. Cheap money grab. Like isekai, garbo af
I completely disagree. There are plenty of high quality, character driven ecchi series like To Love Ru, Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, Yokai Girls, Monster Musume, etc.

There's plenty of bad manga of every genre. You can't just say one entire genre and every work within it is bad because that's simply not how it works. If it were a cheap cash grab, people wouldn't keep buying into it. They clearly like it not just for the ecchi aspect, or they would just go read/watch actual ******.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top