Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Bit off topic but is Shingeki no Kyojin there?

Also TPN is really doing well,in 5th place.
17th
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oricon half yearly franchise sales chart is out



5th - Promised Neverland - 2.444 billion yen
6th - One Piece - 2.215 billion yen
14th - Boku no Hero Academia - 1.668 billion yen
19th - Haikyuu - 1.285 billion yen
22nd - Dragon Ball - 1.133 billion yen
25th - Gintama - 1.013 billion yen
27th - Kimetsu no Yaiba - 972 million yen
reminder that movie gross are not counted... and bohemian rhapsody is still 4th

oh and no digital downloads
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
5toubun over Shingeki. Enjoying it greatly :3c

And again, for Jump, Black Clover has been by far the big loser there :emobirb
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The biggest selling manga in history it's not even in the top 5 and huge series like Shingeki no Kyojin it's in 17th, so i don't see much of a big deal in Black Clover not being in the top 30 considering that it's about all kind of franchises.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
The third chapter of TBS is immediately interestig. The cycle of five scrolls, En learnned the technique of remembrance and Taigai a member of the squad is introduced. Looking forward to the first mini-arc.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Why are people even talked about isekai stuff? WSJ doesn't even allow the genre.


Anyways, now that Gintama's actually properly ended (for now at least), are there any WSJ series from the 00s at all that are still ongoing in some fashion?

There's a bunch of 80s and 90s manga that still have sequels or spin-offs but I don't think there's any 00s manga sequels currently. I expect To Love Ru will maybe come back at some point but it's done for now, I think it's literally only D.Gray-man representing the 00s and even that is just barely alive.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyways, now that Gintama's actually properly ended (for now at least), are there any WSJ series from the 00s at all that are still ongoing in some fashion?

There's a bunch of 80s and 90s manga that still have sequels or spin-offs but I don't think there's any 00s manga sequels currently. I expect To Love Ru will maybe come back at some point but it's done for now. I think it's literally only D.Gray-man and even that is just barely alive.
The sequel of Muhyo to Roji is being published on Plus, second season of anime announced too, Beshari Gurashi from Morita Masanori will get a sequel in July on Young Jump, the manga started in SJ and was transferred to YJ.

And you can't really consider Prince of Tennis and Naruto as "90's series" both started in the second half of 99, Naruto in September/October, so you can count this two too (New Prince of Tennis and Boruto)
 
Last edited:

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
The sequel of Muhyo to Roji is being published on Plus, second season of anime announced too, Beshari Gurashi from Morita Masanori will get a sequel in July on Young Jump, the manga started in SJ and was transferred to YJ.

And you can't really consider Prince of Tennis and Naruto as "90's series" both started in the second half of 99, Naruto in September/October, so you can count this two too (New Prince of Tennis and Boruto)
Isn't Boruto counted as a separate manga by Jump though?
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wasn't there an isekai where the MC ended in City Hunter world, that was created last year or 2 years ago?

Imagine if MC is a cute girl. Ryo Saeba is the supreme pervert of Shonen Jump, so I pity her

EDIT: I should check how many chapters has already New Prince of Tennis. I think it has already lasted more than Old Prince of Tennis.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Okay to calm the situation we should change the topic, will there be any TOC coming today?
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay to calm the situation we should change the topic, will there be any TOC coming today?
I forget on which page, but the ToC was already posted. There was some debate on which of the two were real, though.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Admin Notice:
That's enough, guys. We've been pretty lenient with this thread in general, but it's derailing to a point where we can't do that any longer. Here are a few things I want to point out:

1. This thread isn't meant to bash others. You can disagree with each other, but it should always be in a respecting manner. Even then, a whole post just talking about another member is never okay, because it's completely offtopic.

2. Keep your jokes and one-liners to a limit. A one-liner can actually have substance, but if there's none (I look at "lol", "kkkk so funny" and the likes) it's just flooding the thread with meaningless comments or words. Those will be deleted, if seen.

3. This is about Weekly Shonen Jump. Not about isekai, not about series in other magazines, and ideally not a discussion for specific chapters of series running in the magazine. Again, this doesn't mean it has to stay 100% on topic all the time, but try to keep it in mind before you start the xth discussion about Samurai 8.

4. If a member or post gets offensive or if you realize a thread is derailing, the first option should always be to use the report function. If you respond to it directly, things tend to get worse. We always appreciate members pointing out issues to us (just don't misuse the function), because it helps us as staff a lot. For that I want to thank you in advance.

I've deleted a LOT of posts, but that's all for now. If the thread keeps derailing though, further actions will need to be taken. I only say this as a fair warning.~ Nii
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
And it doesn't need to be the end of the series, Miura can create any excuse to keep Yuuna on earth even after that and continue with the series, Yuragi-sou advanced so much into the harem territory that it was even brought by Oboro as a serious option to all the girls and Yuuna was kinda okay with the ideia, you have the war stuff going on but the final goal it's pretty much "harem or just one girl?", i can see Miura using a serious arc to end the manga on Shonen Jump since it can't just be forever in the magazine selling even less than Dr. Stone, but i bet that will be a open end to the possibility of getting a sequel in other magazine, unless Kogarashi chooses one girl but that would be a big turn off for the fans after creating such a great harem.
I wasn't sure about it at first, but I can kind of see Yuuna concluding with an actual harem ending, maybe something along the lines of uniting all of the differing sides together. The notion seemed pretty popular with To Love Ru, so I could see Yuuna's author trying to go down that path as well.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
welp I guess viz not doing le dessert is confirmed then... eh
is Giga out? If so rip. I wonder why they wouldn't do it or is Giga considering something really different? The only Giga stuff I can remember Viz translating are some one-shots (I think Komi's post-Nisekoi one-shots were both in Giga for example)
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
is Giga out? If so rip. I wonder why they wouldn't do it or is Giga considering something really different? The only Giga stuff I can remember Viz translating are some one-shots (I think Komi's post-Nisekoi one-shots were both in Giga for example)
Giga is next week, so I’m not entirely sure where the idea that they aren’t doing it came from. I hope it’s not the case, for the fans’ sakes
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
... I should stop being such an Nazochist



Giga supposed to be out on the 26th(well in that schedule at least, basically 27th for me) by the way...

do mind, this might just be they being competent in not spoiling in scheduling for once
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I know they mentioned weird licensing issues about something before but can't imagine that being the case now with shueisha having it's own official english manga site. It'd be weird not to see the finale when Manga+ is a thing.

Maybe it'll only be on manga+?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top