Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Does Cross Account counts? I know the author previously made the art of Tokyo Wonder Boys but it was with Cross Account that he made the story and art, and it sold kinda well for a series that was going to get the axed.
Oh, yeah, that counts, thanks. I meant "unknown" more like "no previous sucess" and not "complete newbie". I guess that's pretty rare.

Saiyuki is like a Sunday manga with mix of Jump to me tbh. It reminds me of Rumiko Takahashi as well for some reason.
Now that you mention, I think I agree. It has that Sunday feel to it that I cannot put in words. Don't really agree with the Takahashi comparison, though, but I haven't read that much by her.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Saiyuki seems more Kazuhiro Fujita than anything else.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah and? What happened to "tweets should only be posted if it's information about jump"? Or does that only apply when you want it to?

Am I allowed to post the tweet of Jah saying he likes one piece over Naruto?
A famous sports person expressing love towards something Jump is news. It’s a long-standing crossover point between sport and comics. Look at all the footballers Captain Tsubasa inspired. It’s *always* relevant.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
A famous sports person expressing love towards something Jump is news. It’s a long-standing crossover point between sport and comics. Look at all the footballers Captain Tsubasa inspired. It’s *always* relevant.
I wonder how many volleyball players will express Haikyu as a point of inspiration in the future.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
I wonder how many volleyball players will express Haikyu as a point of inspiration in the future.
Not sure about inspiration but several Olympions/National Team Players have came out and said that they love the series
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Remember when Minister Ichita Yamamoto asked people to vote for Chainsawman in WSJ?


I guess his campaign worked. :3c
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Remember when Minister Ichita Yamamoto asked people to vote for Chainsawman in WSJ?


I guess his campaign worked. :3c
Bruhh that's rigged, if higuma got that treatment it would survive
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Ok guys, question: how many of you ended playing the Yu-gi-oh card game after watching the anime?

I remember how in 2005 at least in my country Naruto was still minor but growing, One Piece was known but anime wasn't so popular, but Yu-gi-oh was huge and everybody was trying to emulate Kaiba's deck.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys, question: how many of you ended playing the Yu-gi-oh card game after watching the anime?

I remember how in 2005 at least in my country Naruto was still minor but growing, One Piece was known but anime wasn't so popular, but Yu-gi-oh was huge and everybody was trying to emulate Kaiba's deck.
Oh totally yeah. For some reason my decks would always have Celtic Guardian in despite him being kinda naff haha
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mankichi, you're realllllllllly trying to get us to discuss yugioh, huh?
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Mankichi, you're realllllllllly trying to get us to discuss yugioh, huh?
:3c

I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?

For me, top 5 arcs:
-1. 12 Houses Arc from Saint Seiya
-2. Battle City from Yu-Gi-Oh!
-3. Kamino Arc from My Hero Academia
-4. Varia Arc from Katekyo Hitman Reborn
-5. Tie between Raoh Arc from Hokuto no Ken and Ennies Lobby Arc from One Piece

I can perfectly be forgetting any other arc that I liked more but whatever
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Ok guys, question: how many of you ended playing the Yu-gi-oh card game after watching the anime?

I remember how in 2005 at least in my country Naruto was still minor but growing, One Piece was known but anime wasn't so popular, but Yu-gi-oh was huge and everybody was trying to emulate Kaiba's deck.
*raises hand*

Remember when I picked Kaiba's starter deck because it had that SHINY BEWD card. But then I realized Yugi's deck was more balanced.....

Also, BMG was one of my first waifu.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
:3c

I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?
Not ordered, but I think they are:
Sabaody Island, One Piece
The Last Dance, Sket Dance
Soul Society, Bleach
L (The only and original one) vs Kira, Death Note
Grace Field, The Promised Neverland

Others:
Skypiea, One Piece
~The forest one~, My Hero Academia
Switch off, Sket Dance
 
Last edited:

Thaed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
135
Reaction score
132
Age
32
Country
France
Have to say, I think Beast Children is officially a miss. Five chapters in and it feels really bland, nowhere near the standard Haikyu and Hinomaru have set >>
It is hard to say as I had great hopes for this serie, but I agree. I do not feel implicated in the story yet and there is not a lot happening for now. Hopefully it will get more intersting in the near future !
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
Ok guys, question: how many of you ended playing the Yu-gi-oh card game after watching the anime?

I remember how in 2005 at least in my country Naruto was still minor but growing, One Piece was known but anime wasn't so popular, but Yu-gi-oh was huge and everybody was trying to emulate Kaiba's deck.
I became obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh after watching the anime, I started buying cards and having matches with my friends. I still play Yu-Gi-Oh to this day, well at least Duel Links, since where I live have no scene so its mostly on YGOPRO/DL.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
It is hard to say as I had great hopes for this serie, but I agree. I do not feel implicated in the story yet and there is not a lot happening for now. Hopefully it will get more intersting in the near future !
This is the problem when Haikyu set the modern standard for sports manga. Now it's incredibly difficult to get new series to rival it >>
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?
For me is:
1° Shohoku vs Sannoh (best match ever)
2° Frieza Arc
3° Soul Society Arc
4° Kyoto Arc
5° Pain Arc

Honorable Mentions:
Final Assassination (Ansatsu Kyoshitsu) - Deimon Devil Bats vs. Oujou White Knights (Eyeshield 21) - The Principal from Hell Arc (Sexy Commando).
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
For me is:
1° Shohoku vs Sannoh (best match ever)
2° Frieza Arc
3° Soul Society Arc
4° Kyoto Arc
5° Pain Arc

Honorable Mentions:
Final Assassination (Ansatsu Kyoshitsu) - Deimon Devil Bats vs. Oujou White Knights (Eyeshield 21) - The Principal from Hell Arc (Sexy Commando).
You are very old-fashioned.

Also, what the hell is "The Principal from Hell Arc" and why does it sound amazing.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I was thinking in this other theme. What would be your favorite Shonen Jump arcs ever?
Elves arc by Black clover
Pain arc by Naruto
Hueco Mundo by Bleach
Stein by My hero academia
Demon train by kimetsu no yaiba
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top