Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I've read this on /a/ so i don't really put much stock into it but does anyone know if Togashi got a super special contract that lets him do whatever/whenever with HxH because jump treated him like shit near the end of YYH?
From what I know, it's more a really weird set of circumstances concerning Togashi's perfectionism, his dissatisfaction with working for Jump, and Jump subsequently having to beg him to come back to do HxH. Honestly, I dunno the full story.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
I've read this on /a/ so i don't really put much stock into it but does anyone know if Togashi got a super special contract that lets him do whatever/whenever with HxH because jump treated him like shit near the end of YYH?
Who knows for sure, but prob a variety of things.

- Legacy/relationship with them
- Sales
- The fact that (or so I've heard) he owns the series outright, but idk



And when asked what WSJ is to him:

 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Random Question, but it was something I thought of recently that I think would be interesting.

Do you guys think Jump will ever have a main character who identifies as gay.
 

TheEroSennin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
34
Reaction score
49
Age
24
Country
Saudi Arabia
I've read this on /a/ so i don't really put much stock into it but does anyone know if Togashi got a super special contract that lets him do whatever/whenever with HxH because jump treated him like shit near the end of YYH?

Didn't check all jump titles but the one I checked has the rights like this Author/Shuiesha

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE © 1986 by Hirohiko Araki/SHUEISHA Inc.

NARUTO © 1999 by Masashi Kishimoto/SHUEISHA Inc.


In the other hand HxH & Hakusho

YUYU HAKUSHO © Yoshihiro Togashi
HUNTERxHUNTER © POT (Yoshihiro Togashi)
 

Kouzai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
46
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Random Question, but it was something I thought of recently that I think would be interesting.

Do you guys think Jump will ever have a main character who identifies as gay.
There was one on M+ right now

Also a question for male readers.
Does the likability of a series falls down a little bit if the bromance moment exceeds as something that you will never do in real life?
For me yes since you don't really need to pander to fujo market if your series have high quality. Though I can also see why authors do that because fujo market is huge.
 

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
There was one on M+ right now

Also a question for male readers.
Does the likability of a series falls down a little bit if the bromance moment exceeds as something that you will never do in real life?
For me yes since you don't really need to pander to fujo market if your series have high quality. Though I can also see why authors do that because fujo market is huge.
Pandering the fujo market isn't different from ecchi in mangas. Both cases use fanservice to try to appeal a market that wouldn't necessary appear only by the quality of the story.

I mean I can see people uncomfortable by that fanservice. However, I don't see so much problem that the authors use this.
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Random Question, but it was something I thought of recently that I think would be interesting.

Do you guys think Jump will ever have a main character who identifies as gay.
sharkbait incoming

also, nagisa is canonically gay for karma
 

Blue16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
5,974
Age
28
Country
Spain
Jump Comics September 4
Haikyuu!! #39
Black Clover #22
Dr.STONE #12
Bokuben #13
act-age #8
Saigo no Saiyuuki #2
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui #2
Futari no Taisei #1
Beast Children #1
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shonen Jump + Comics September 4.
Tenjin #13 & #14 (END)
Dorei Yuugi #9
Mone-san no Majime Sugiru Tsukiaikata #7
Jigokuraku #7
Darling in th FranXX #6
Saotome Shimai Ha Manga no Tame Nara!? #5
Mist Gears Blast #2
Muto to Sato #2
Hime-sama, "Goumon" no Jikan desu #1
Tonari no Heya kara Aegigoe ga Surundesukedo… #1
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
That Kaisen cover, wow.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Uhm what happened with Shiibashi's art, The Yui Kamio cover seems to have been drawn by a completely different artist
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
JJK cover looks the best by far. A lot of the other ones were meh.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Uhm what happened with Shiibashi's art, The Yui Kamio cover seems to have been drawn by a completely different artist
Yeah, I noticed that as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

JJK cover looks the best by far. A lot of the other ones were meh.
Eh, I think the Saiyuki one is simple but effective.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,050
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, i'm really confused by Kamio Yui cover, it just doesn't fit the content at all, it doesn't even look like it was drawn by Shiibashi lol
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Yui in White is... green?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wish Manga Plus had a way to respond other comments. Many people there are thinking that Hina Change was published on Shonen Jump. lol Which a thing with this clear type of content with sex happening (even if not showed but leave implicit) never would be there.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Feel like Samurai 8 is finally finding its footing for me personally. Enjoyed last chapter and today’s chapter quite a lot. All it took was more characters entering story. Characters that are clearly meant to be the main cast that is.
 

Kouzai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
46
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Feel like Samurai 8 is finally finding its footing for me personally. Enjoyed last chapter and today’s chapter quite a lot. All it took was more characters entering story. Characters that are clearly meant to be the main cast that is.
art is improving also
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top