Voting Round 2 - Battle Royal #2 - Campaigning Thread [Open till Jul 17th] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Battle Royal #2 - Campaigning Thread [Open till Jul 17th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Battle Phase 2- The Manga will fight it out in the Campaigning thread.
- Every user will send their personal Top 6 Ranking of all Nominees to a staff member of their choice.
- Users are allowed to change their ranking till the phase is over.
- The Nominees will get ranked according to solo rankings of all participants.
- The Manga will get points which equal their total rank. (Your #1 is worth 6 points, while your #6 is worth 1point.)
- After 5 days, the 6 Manga with the most points will proceed into the next round.
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.

Nominations
  1. Berserk - @Buranchi
  2. Chi no Wadachi - @MarmaladeSky
  3. Fairy Tail - @Sky
  4. Gintama - @Gryffindor
  5. Houseki no Kuni - @Asako
  6. Hunter X Hunter - @Arjuna
  7. Noragami - @Crescent Jinx
  8. Planetes - @Brandish
  9. Soul Eater - @revo
  10. Totsukuni no Shoujo - @Erinyes

Please send your personal top 6 to one of these mods:

@Brandish
@Demonspeed
@Sky
@Kiki
@MarmaladeSky
@revo

Voting will end on July 17th!

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This is my second campaigning part,as I said previously I will talk a bit more about the characters of Hunter X Hunter

I will talk about Hisoka.Hisoka is one of the most popular characters in Hunter x Hunter.

Hisoka Morrow one of the most fascinating characters in HxH apart from the 4 main characters

But why is he so popular?Is the attention that he receives is deserving?Or is he overhyped,So let's dive into his character and see for ourselves.Shall we?

Hisoka is a Hunter and one of the the former members of Phantom Troupe ,but his loyalty never lies with anyone.He may ally with anyone depending upon his mood but he can easily back stab anyone at any opportune moment.

But he has an insatiable craze to fight strong opponents,he even enjoys being in pain while fighting indicating potential sadomasochist tendencies.He will allow his opponenets to live if he believes they acn grow.He has taken special interest in Gon,Killua,Kurapika,Ging,Chrollo and other strong opponenets.

His Appearance

His appearance is a like a court jester,designed in such a way that it both fools and scares his opponents.

History

Not much is known about his history but if you take the One shot written by Sui Ishida(The Author of Tokyo Ghoul) as canon it betrays signs why he is like this.

The Magazine cover

This Oneshot even raised speculations that Ishida is Togashi himself in disguise

His Abilities

Hisoka is a pretty strong character being able to match strong opponents.He mixes his intelligence and prowess in fight and gains victories.

His Nen ability is named after his favourite Gum

and Hence named ," Bungee Gum"

He is proficient in his battle with Cards

Pretty dangerous opponent

His Relationship with Machi

His relationship with Machi is one of the most ineterestng dynamics in the story,Whether he feels genuine romance towards Machi or is it simply lust it is not clear,but he cares for her

Hisoka is a selfish,bloodthirsty person who only knows how to fight but there are instances where he allied with our heroes

So i agree with one of my friends who said regarding Hisoka ,'Chaotic Neutral"

He is one of the best characters in Manga history.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st great thxs evryone for your support:blush & best luck to every contenders !

New introduction video (please have a look
)

in case it doesnt work :
Code:
Code : https://streamable.com/squ0j
Music : Siùil A Rùn by M.Alhussaini

More thoughts

More about Totsukuni no shoujo
As said earlier, its a bout a curse, a wall (people who lives inside and outside the wall) a pure child and Sensei, a creature (former human that get cursed) regarded as a monster and who cares deeply for her. They share a peaceful life together despite being different.

Politics/religious setting
The insiders built a wall to avoid being cursed by the outsiders., if someone is cursed in some place, they and everyone living in the same place are executed to avoid the curse. Shiva for some reasons is not affected by the curse but can infect other people. Religion seems to play a part important in the TnS society characters are often seen praying. Beliefs are connected to political and sounds reminiscent of witch-hunt and persecutions.

Covers summary

More art

Please support them, arent they so cute ? :zomg

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In the past, when I wanted someone to give Berserk a try, I didn't go into detail about specifics. I merely showed them a single manga music video.

In fact, it was this very video that got me to check the series out, so I can personally attest to it's efficacy. Having said that, it is a bit spoiler-ish, but without context you won't really understand, so that's why I'm opting to post it here as part of my second campaign.

I ask that you all give it a watch (in the highest resolution), and if it interests you, to give Berserk a read, assuming you haven't already. Also, just a heads up, it is a bit graphic. Berserk is very much a series aimed at adults.

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Gintama CampaignI. Gintama: Introduction
II. Ginpachi Sensei's Lesson Corner

"Sake sure is nice. You can forget your troubles if only for a moment. You'll have to remember them tomorrow though, and they'll be even more painful than the night before. You can't run away from things like this. Especially from things you want to forget." -Sakata Gintoki

Nah, jokes. This quote by Gintoki however serves as a perfect analogy for the series in the sense that it accurately represents Gintoki's journey from his past to the present and ultimately into a future where one would hope this quote no longer holds any weight, whether or not that future comes to pass, you'll have to read to find out.

The beauty of Gintama however is that while the series goes on to depict Gintoki and his attempts to move on from this past, the life he is attempting to build along with the past he cannot escape, leads to numerous interactions, new relationships being built, old relationships renewed, and through those interactions the reader gets to see not only how Gintoki's life changes, but how Gintoki changes the lives of others, and no it isn't simple change like saving someone, the change is far more profound and on an emotional level, the series does this while offering the perspective of the many characters the series has to offer. Unlike other series where large casts of characters are assembled and the majority end up being largely irrelevant, Gintama manages to find a "niche" for each character, every character has their own story within the story for lack of better word, this coupled with how Gintama is structured from a narrative perspective offers the perfect combination for Gorilla mangaka to depict the many characters in various realistic and unrealistic scenarios while mixing shonen tropes with an episodic format to give the readers a unique storytelling experience.

Gintama's Structure
I. Episodic

As mentioned before, Gintama can be very episodic, but the nature of the content varies. Mostly its comedic with plenty of parodies and references to Japanese Pop Culture while also doing some 4th Wall Breaking, usually by making fun of itself but can also be serious in nature. Some examples:

In this instance, Gintama is making fun of itself or not being able to finish the manga despite Shonen Jump announcing the countdown for the final chapter, in this final chapter they troll as the chapter reaches its conclusion with Katsura remarking on how they don't have any pages left to finish the manga despite the climax of the final arc yet to beign.

II. Story Arcs

Gintama's story arcs tend to be the more serious arcs that actually progress the main plot of the series, however there are also many non-serious mini arcs, but usually when things get really spicy is when a story arc kicks in. The story arcs usually tend to serve as a point of reference down the line as characters introduced in them, or events that occur in the story arcs are pivotal in future arcs despite a lot of the story arcs not being consecutive, usually you would have a serious story arc followed by Gintama returning to a more lighthearted nature, towards the end of the series however, the main plot takes priority and the arcs become consecutive.

"You'll remember them tomorrow though"

"And they'll be even more painful than the night before"

"You can't run away from things like this, especially from things you want to forget"

To be continued...

Vote for Gintama!

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Previous posts:
I II
Why it's good

Soul Eater is a story that starts off in a pretty simple way and kinda cliché. But what makes this as a shonen so good is the well-development of it.
In the beginning you would think it would start out as getting 99 souls, follow the student life of the main characters, them learning their lesson and so be the end of it.

The answer is no.

The story develops into it's own way, the subject starts out quite fun and dives into serious territory.
Iit's a shonen that balances things in a good way, from a gray morality while dealing with the theme of nihilism and madness, to its very simple presentation to simply being a very fun manga to read.

Soul Eater explores the madness, the neuroticism, and rather nihilistic ideas in it's own way. It makes it into an own "philosophy" and writes the characters's ideologies, the plots and the messages to readers by following the gray ideas that the manga itself slowly constructs.
The story has a simple way to tell things; it doesn't have fillers, nor anything feels unnecesassy; still, everything is connected.

Despite everything I said above, outside of the action and the grey-black subplots, the manga as tons and tons of humor. Is a gray-toned shonen, but still it doesn't fall into being something depressing, far from it, a good aspect of the series is the humor of it.
But it's not only about the comedic scenes.

Both the art style and the atmosphere have a horror-funny way to tell things; the story itself has a Tim Burton-tone in general.
Because of the humoristic gray story, without being completely pessimistic, the characters and the story-lines have their own "optimism" way and resolutions of things, without falling into something chessy/"nakama" way.

With this, despite the immese fantasy that overflows, the messages and the resolutions of the conflits manage to feel realistic.

I can't stop repeating how good the characters are.

Every single character is unique with their own different personalities, designs, and expressions; they all feel realistic in their own way thanks of the variety the manga has on them.
They're also good because they grow up from the basic stereotype and develop alongside the story from something simple to a plot that becomes darker and darker.

They have their own ideas and ways to move in the world, each of them have different ideas and points of views which makes the story flow.
The focus of the series is the madness and the neuroticism, but each of them deal with them in their own way.

In conclusion:
Soul Eater is a gray shonen who deals and talks about pessimistic and almost nihilistic ideas, never leaving the humoristic and ironic action series that it's faithul to it's own formula and style to tell things.
It focuses on the mental state of the characters, using their madness and sanity to take them to the classic aspects of shonen.
It's not a chessy and optimistic manga, neither a sad and depressing one; it's realistic inside it's own dark fantasy.

Outside of the vote, please read Soul Eater, I promise it's worth a try :wtf

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Nen System

Nen is the power system in Hunter x Hunter and widely onsidered the best developed power system in any manga

It is created through one's own life energy or aura

This ability is kept hidden from public at large to maintain balance in the society.

From wiki

" Aura (オーラ, Ōra) is the life energy produced by all living bodies vital for survival. Aura from all parts of the body has a tendency to flow together, producing one mass of energy. This happens without the individual's awareness, typically resulting in a slow leak of aura continually escaping the body[3]and stemming up and off the top of the head.[7] The pores or points on the body from which aura flows out from are called "Aura Nodes" (精しょう孔こう, Shōkō). In normal conditions, aura leaks away constantly without exceedingly harmful consequences; however, if someone whose Aura Nodes are fully open does not attempt to close them or control the flow of their aura, they will soon grow so fatigued they will be unable to stand[8] or even lose consciousness.[9] Grave wounds such as mutilations can disrupt the flow of aura in the affected body part and even stop it altogether.[10] Controlling one's Aura Nodes is the first step to becoming a Nen user. "

The way to awaken Nen is by

1)Meditation
2)Forcing the Aura Nodules to open by an influx of Aura

3)Initiation by physical attacks

Hunter Chairman was considered the strongest Nen user in his prime

But the strongest is definitely Meruem(at least for now)

Some more Nen users

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Stray Gods

Besides the main trio and the villainous Nora, there are an assortment of characters from the gods and their groups of Shinki.

Each one comes with their own histories, flaws, quirks, and strong personalities. They have existed with each other so long and seen so much that it really impressed me how much could be shown in comparison to stories with much younger casts. The backstories are woven in so well that you don’t break from the current timelines to explore these previous histories. It all comes together very well like a white sangria after a hot day.

Study 1: Daikoku and Kofuku

Daigo was a child that Kofuku decided to bond with hundreds of years ago because Daikoku wanted to father a child but never got the chance to before he died and became a spirit. They lived together as a family for about a century. However, as mentioned in previous campaigned posts, children spirits are hard to deal with and can easily blight their master god. The case here wasn’t just the child being the problem but also Daikoku and his feelings of failure as a father to Daigo.
The child in his perception notice he wasn’t like other human children or even adult Shinki. Leading him to question his differences that Daikoku couldn’t answer himself. This lead to them having to give Daigo away. which cause Kofuku to get blighted leading him to have to cut ties with his son. And in the end Daikoku himself had to grow as a person so that he would no longer be infecting Kofuku with his negative thoughts.
It’s very symbolic piece where the gods tried to live as a happy human family but ultimately failed because they aren’t human and can’t enjoy life the same way humans can because growth, survival, death, and reproduction doesn’t affect them the same way.

Study 2: Bishamonten, Kazuma, the Ma Clan, and the Ha Clan

Another backstory is around best girl....

ahem...

I mean....
Best Waifu....

I mean.......

Bishamonten

Side note: in the manga, Bishamon’s hair is silver blonde not yellow blonde so she is suppose to look more like this...

That’s why you see a lot of fan edits bleaching her purple eyes and hair....

Actually think will save that for next post since busy :p

Guess you’ll have to wait for part 2 of this campaign.....

(The mere fact it’s taken me this long to get to/be about best girl is a testament to some of the stuff this manga covers with it not even being 100 chapters yet.)

Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Alright, a last and very little post :cheerbunny

Already wrote about the main characters, but still have to talk about the:

Actually cruel and scary antagonists

The action

The horror

But also the comedy

And the great art

Please support Soul Eater! :kissbunny

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Due to poor personal management, I can't provide a bulk post to inform you about Planetes' greatness. Go back to round 1 for the definitive summary.

For now, I'll just battle these chumps^

Eh, Hisoka is more into Gon and Killua than the overrated Machi. Honestly this ship is below meh levels.

*Trying hard to diss Erin*

Got nothing.

In the past, when I wanted someone to give Berserk a try, I didn't go into detail about specifics
Specifics like hiatuses?

See, you'd be better off recommending them Planetes. It might not be the greatest for everyone, but I can't imagine anyone being letdown badly by it. And it's completed, to make my advice relevant to my question. Dark Horse released omnibuses for Planetes, so you could solo it on a rainy day.

Nah, jokes. This quote by Gintoki however serves as a perfect analogy for the series in the sense that it accurately represents Gintoki's journey from his past to the present and ultimately into a future where one would hope this quote no longer holds any weight, whether or not that future comes to pass, you'll have to read to find out.
Heard Gintoki was shook and that's why the manga ended. Dejm.

You should read Planetes for a fulfilling journey that doesn't require episodic gags to float you.

Why it's good
*reads to find answer*

Soul Eater is a story that starts off in a pretty simple way and kinda cliché. But what makes this as a shonen so good is the well-development of it.
In the beginning you would think it would start out as getting 99 souls, follow the student life of the main characters, them learning their lesson and so be the end of it.

The answer is no.

The story develops into it's own way, the subject starts out quite fun and dives into serious territory.
Iit's a shonen that balances things in a good way, from a gray morality while dealing with the theme of nihilism and madness, to its very simple presentation to simply being a very fun manga to read.

Soul Eater explores the madness, the neuroticism, and rather nihilistic ideas in it's own way. It makes it into an own "philosophy" and writes the characters's ideologies, the plots and the messages to readers by following the gray ideas that the manga itself slowly constructs.
The story has a simple way to tell things; it doesn't have fillers, nor anything feels unnecesassy; still, everything is connected.

Despite everything I said above, outside of the action and the grey-black subplots, the manga as tons and tons of humor. Is a gray-toned shonen, but still it doesn't fall into being something depressing, far from it, a good aspect of the series is the humor of it.
But it's not only about the comedic scenes.

Both the art style and the atmosphere have a horror-funny way to tell things; the story itself has a Tim Burton-tone in general.
Because of the humoristic gray story, without being completely pessimistic, the characters and the story-lines have their own "optimism" way and resolutions of things, without falling into something chessy/"nakama" way.

With this, despite the immese fantasy that overflows, the messages and the resolutions of the conflits manage to feel realistic.

I can't stop repeating how good the characters are.

Every single character is unique with their own different personalities, designs, and expressions; they all feel realistic in their own way thanks of the variety the manga has on them.
They're also good because they grow up from the basic stereotype and develop alongside the story from something simple to a plot that becomes darker and darker.

They have their own ideas and ways to move in the world, each of them have different ideas and points of views which makes the story flow.
The focus of the series is the madness and the neuroticism, but each of them deal with them in their own way.

In conclusion:
Soul Eater is a gray shonen who deals and talks about pessimistic and almost nihilistic ideas, never leaving the humoristic and ironic action series that it's faithul to it's own formula and style to tell things.
It focuses on the mental state of the characters, using their madness and sanity to take them to the classic aspects of shonen.
It's not a chessy and optimistic manga, neither a sad and depressing one; it's realistic inside it's own dark fantasy.

Outside of the vote, please read Soul Eater, I promise it's worth a try :wtf

*doesn't find answer*

Nen System
The plot and logistics of that in HxH is more interesting than the power mechanic, imo. They're going to the DC, there'll be some exploration there. Some royal assassinations or whatever. Hisoka vs PT. A lot of stuff just in that. Guess I'm curious as to how Togashi can knock that off going on his current speed.

See in Planetes, the plot lacked many of the machinations you'll see in something as complex as Hunter. Yet, the plot, being the journey itself, carries more meaning and weight for the reader. Hachimaki gets to Jupiter, his goal and literally the farthest man has traveled, and realises it just as we the readers do, that he just wants a home or place. Can Hunter produce something like this? Maybe, I suppose time will tell, and that could be a decade.

Best Waifu....
So this is the best we can do, for Noragami? I'm interested in it after your post, and many people around here endorse it. I guess what I'm getting at is, was it a cheap move to use the wonderful Bisha like that? I kinda think so.

For now, enjoy this lovely mother-son moment, as that's the heart and soul of Chi no Wadachi.

Just look at Sei's face. How ungrateful. How can we even begin to appreciate the greatness of Seiko with this panel?

-----

I tried <_<

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Specifics like hiatuses?

See, you'd be better off recommending them Planetes. It might not be the greatest for everyone, but I can't imagine anyone being letdown badly by it. And it's completed, to make my advice relevant to my question. Dark Horse released omnibuses for Planetes, so you could solo it on a rainy day.
While it's true Berserk suffers from hiatuses (so does HxH, but at least Berserk's art is vastly better to make up for it) I feel what's already available for it is already in the masterpiece category.

And I don't use masterpiece lightly. There's very, VERY few series I'd call masterpieces. Really, the hiatuses are the only knock you can use against Berserk. Others and myself wouldn't keep following the series for decades if it wasn't worth following.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Part 2 of Campaign.... sorry for the delay. :sweatdrop Currently writing this while in the waiting room for my oil change.

The God of Warriors

In Japan, there are seven gods that are more popular than others. Commonly called the gods of fortune, Bishamonten is the most popular as being the strongest war god. But what makes her different then other war gods like Takemikazuchi? It’s because she’s the god of warriors more than a typical war god.

Bishamon is probably one the deepest non-villainous character of the series. In the beginning, she’s introduced as a foil for Yato. Her strength firstly comes from the numerous spirits she is bonded to. Each one gives her a weapon or armor that leads to her being a very diverse fighting ability. But her strength not only comes from her arsenal. During her arc you understand why she is the way she is. She was a young god who took on more than she could handle. Leading to her clan being massacred. After learning the details of the ma clans’ demise, and that it almost happened a second time to the ha clan, she begins to take a greater leadership position. Which directs her to be a major driver in the arcs we just got finished with. Finding Nana and uprooting heaven in search of the sorcerer. As she is tenacious in her pursuit of anyone who threatens her famililies. Moreso then other gods. Like a mama bear, but it leads her to make decisions that are so refreshing to see... And also seeing those decisions being woven into the plot as motivations for other characters in the sense of each character being developed as a unit as oppose to an individual. An example being her fight this last arc... It’s so satisfying to watch a female character take on a storyline that pushes them to make decisions normally only the male characters get in other shonens before ultimately getting hit with consequences of her actions. Then to see other characters being affected by that plot in a way that they go “off-course” from their storyline to do something new. Because often times, plot forces characters to come together as oppose to characters organically developing together.

:nono Don’t read if you don’t want to be spoiled...

Like Kazuma becoming a Nora. Yato planning to headshot the main villain because the main villain is much too dangerous to fight. If anyone is reading this spoiler, shame on you. But if you are... it’s just great to see a main character actually say “I can’t fight this villain, I’m not going to train to have a DBZ battle with him but assassinate him because he’s too strong for me.” You wouldn’t have guessed in the early series.

While there is much more I would want to talk about. I lack time. I do hope to get at least one more post before the end of this round. To talk about Fujisaki and Ebisu. Since their character/stories are other reasons I love this manga. Thanks for allowing Noragami to get this far. :nono Now go read the series! :arf:handgun

Last edited:

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Ginpachi Sensei's Lesson Corner #2

VI. It is indeed possible to have more text than HxH does.

VII. Cats? Dogs? Elizabeth? Monkeys make great companions too!

VIII. Trying to impress? Just wear glasses homie.

IX. Don't fake being sick.

X. Kids shouldn't go picking fights at night.

Ginpachi Sensei endorses and encourages all votes for Gintama!

………………………….

Heard Misuzu was shook and that's why the manga ended. Dejm.

Tama waiting.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Houseki no kuni part 3

previously
part 1 general introduction and how HNK come to be
part 2 world/art and more
I probably talk about the art more,

As I said previously, this serie centre theme is change, and in ways what it really mean to be human to ichikawa.

And so you bet that it character really have a lot going on, and a lot of our everyday problems that a lot of people have, even thought they gems.

And with that I want to start of with not phos, I'll keep the best for last (with shinsha and not cuz I ship them)

Diamond

Our lovely bright gem dia, such a sweetheart, always up to helping her fellow gems even the noobs (looking at you phos :heh )

A gem that loves romance and anything related to it

Our beautiful gem that earned her the title of top model, being able to look good in anything.

At first that what mind seem like all to dia character but in reality it's more complicated than that....

In a few words, dia is a reflection to all those with an inferiority complex
Having born within the strongest group of gems, the diamonds those of the strongest hardness, and yet she isn't as strong as she thinks she should be as Diamond.

And it all lead to bort, he who's called the strongest fighter in the gems outside of sensei, with him alone everything is resolved as long as he there, but being his partner, what's her use if she who is the strongest gem, breaks easily if hit in certain ways unlike bort, is there a need to me if I can't even keep up...or so that's what she thinks...

bort isn't helping at all as he keep pushing her away form fighting and discourage her, I know it's because he cares for her as she cares for him, but man you're really pushing up her inferiority complex bort

It doesn't help that she actually older than bort and she wants to protect him but in the end, end up being protected by him.

It's rather complicated when you know you love that person, but sometimes think that it's better that we far apart and not together...

*hug dia*

Yellow diamond

Our carefree older brother yellow, being the oldest you bet he acts sometimes like an old man

Just kidding love you yellow

Anyways as I said he the oldest one of the gems, so he have the most experience in a lot of things.
Couldn't you want to hang out with a chill old man that looks in his teens, and rather reliable
I sure could love to

But being the only oldest isn't the good thing...as life go on, you see multiple of your friend gone in just an instant.
Yellow saw throughout his life a lot of gems being taking away, but one of his biggest regrets is allowing 4 of his partners taking away under his wing, to the point where he comes to hate himself for not being able to stop it even thought he supposed to be sonic the hedgehog.

I wonder will he ever comes to love himself again without putting on a facade...? Only time will tell and ofc if you read the manga.

Rutile
Our sassy quack is always here to help

I mean the best sassy doctor is always here to help, especially when you need to be put back together

nvm, she wont help everyone even if you're cute

Winning the award of having the sexiest leg among her fellow gems, you bet she lives up to that title with her love kicking stuff
wait that doesn't make sense

Overworking herself for the good of the well being of the gems...especially for her partner padparadscha (the coolest gem ) that have a special condition that made them miss parts of their body and because of that being in a coma, every time it gets harder and harder for them to wake up and the time they stay awake is less, form 1 year to hours or simply minutes.

Despite all of it rutile never ever gave up despite pad constantly telling them to do so and to look after themself more, and still rutile still overworking her self in dreams of managing to wake her up by her own hands, and to once again be with her partner living their daily life (no i most defiantly dont ship them............i do)

There also a lot of other characters, and all of them have their own beliefs and motives
Even if it's to simply have fun like these two

This is one of my favorite fanmade vid, in one part it shows the feels of some of those I talked about perfectly, I timed it in the place where I was to show you, there still some spoilers at the end, but I timed where I skipped the most spoilish part and what I needed in the campaign.
It's still your own decision if you want to see all of it and for those few already got up with the manga, they have something new to enjoy.

Back to the campaign

With these two outcasts

Phos and Shinsha
Both being one of the most brittle gems, and outcasts in their sociality for different reason, you bet these two have a lot going on
But I like to keep that in a different post, that will also cover the Buddhism relationship houseki no kuni have, as there's a lot of it.
edit: ok nvm just realised that this end the 17th, for some reasons i thought it was the 19th....so i guess if i only past you see the buddhism relationships....like the phos journey and how it relate to buddhism + the art book, you bet there some hidden secrets there, after all its ichikawa.
too much to talk about but so little time :emobirb

:luv

So I hope you look forward to it and support houseki no kuni, and don't forget to read it.

Last edited:

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Chi no Wadachi
Behind closed doors things never really are what they seem, are they? And even if we get a peek behind those doors, can we comprehend what is going on? In the world of Chi no Wadachi the answer would be no. We wouldn't.
The story of a mother, a father and their son. When Sei, the son, is young his mother Seiko ocassionaly portrays interesting behaviours. Her overprotection is something that jumps out. But she's such a young mother, surely she'd grow out of that when he gets older.

And that's where it starts getting interesting. She doesn't grow out of it. If anything, the story seems to focus on a period of their lives when Seiko's strange behaviour seems to be getting worse and worse. Kids are influenced by their parents, we all know that. So what's going to happen to Sei himself? Will he turn out like his mother, or perhaps go a different (un)healthy route? And what is his father doing? It's the constant questions and feeling of not knowing what's going on at all that makes the story interesting. Add in a storyline that will keep you on your toes in the form of Shigeru, Sei's cousin and friend, and there is a perfect mixture.

There are so many great series still in the running of the Manga Wars, so winning seems impossible. I'd like you guys to give this series a try and join the conversation. Would love to know your thoughts about their mental health, the future, the father figure and much more.

Chi no Wadachi is a story that keeps you wondering about what's the truth. Let's discover that together!

Status
Not open for further replies.