Theory - all for one is midoriyas father | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory all for one is midoriyas father

Hrathgrath

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i like all of the Star Wars references in bnha, that I hadn’t noticed before, but it takes something away from the manga... originality... I mean if we know what’s going to happen, by following the Star Wars script, why read the manga? I hope it’s not that..

kwinbobby

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
Well if Deku does have a secret quirk then his quirk would probably be All For One which be a frightening thought but interesting
I agree, and it would be even more crazier if, because he inherited AFO from his dad, AFO stole that quirk back inorder to give it to shigaraki. As in, he basically "made Deku" inorder to make a duplicate of his quirk, to transfer it to Shigaraki.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree, and it would be even more crazier if, because he inherited AFO from his dad, AFO stole that quirk back inorder to give it to shigaraki. As in, he basically "made Deku" inorder to make a duplicate of his quirk, to transfer it to Shigaraki.
I think if he had a secret quirk it would have been copied by minoma when he touched Midoria.

rocklee87

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who the hell is Deku’s dad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Alilbitontheweirdside

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wanted to add a few things. First, I think it's entirely possible that one of AFO's quirks is some sort of mind manipulation quirk. He may have used it on Inko and Izuku to alter their memories of him so as to not reveal that Izuku is his child. Why he wouldn't want them to know, idk, but it could explain the lack of acknowledging Izuku's father on their part. It could also explain the meaning behind his assigned name, Hisashi. Additionally, the writer of this post makes a good point about how Horikoshi said he would "reveal" Izuku's father, not "introduce." Interesting word choice indeed...
Second, and I realize this not much to do with this tgeotry as it does the story writing, but it does seem like Horikoshi is drawing much inspiration from Star Wars and using it in BNHA, from AFO resemblance to Darth Vader to the names of locations. Not much seems to be known about Horikoshi, so he might be a huge Star Wars fanboy and wants to incorporate certain aspects of that series in his. That isn't unusual fpr many writers, look up J.K. Rowling's inspirations for Harry Potter. It isn't unusual or unheard of for storytellers to draw on other stories and incorporate them into their own. Also, for me, the Star wars connection doesn't ruin BNHA for me personally and I never even caught on to it until I read this post. I think it's actually quite genius, especially to a Star Wars fan like myself.
I also read a comment that in the manga there is a photo of Izuku and his parents. Does anyone have a picture of that or know what chapter to look in? Just curious.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Adding on to my original post, if AFO has a mind altering quirk, it kinda would be like a Jedi mind trick.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

ANOTHER star wars connection I just thought of. As Izuku color scheme is green, AFO has been shown in a red scheme in scenes shown from the past as well as the red lightning from when he attacks. Sort of reminiscent of Luke's green lightsaber and Vader's red, don't you think?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
At this point in the timeline, Izuku had just been born, so I doubt AFO was watching him as well. If Inko is indeed related to Nana some way, he may have kept an eye on him after the fact.

As for the chapter itself, does anyone agree if I said this was right up there with The Joker's origin story in the Killing Joke?

GODDAMN, Horikoshi.....
UNLESS, dot dot dot wait for it, AFO is deku's dad.

That's not quite the right way to frame this. The issue here would be AFO's surveillance of nana's family in general and just bidding his time to slowly manipulate them. Between AFO's words back when he fought allmight and the added context now... it's just so painfully clear how much of an effect he has had. If nana is related to inko and AFO had that much influence on them that early on then at a minimum inko at this time was already on AFO's radar unless she somehow, and unintentionally, managed to slip right under it.

Now, if inko didn't manage to slip under the radar... it means that even deku's birth could have been tampered with. And if not that, he might have a role in why deku's dad is absent (including actually being deku's absent dad).

And then, imagine the dynamic between these 3 if AFO is deku's dad... You'd have shigaraki as AFO's kinda adoptive son... who was twisted and warped and largely meant to inherit AFO... And then AFO's biological son... Who was molded by AFO to inherit OFA.

And what makes this work is.... how AFO was shown in the flashback. He didn't gain his followers because he was specifically powerful. Certainly his quirk helped but he became what he was because he was able to prey on the weakness inside people's heads and take advantage of it. He manipulated and discarded people as it suit him. And this shigaraki/izuku stuff would be his crowning achievement, whatever his game is.

This chapter also heavily reminded me of what the stupidest man in this manga said about the death of allmight... That it was going to be brutal. I suppose we can look forward to allmight's death being pretty much like what we saw shigaraki's family experience.

Alilbitontheweirdside

Reaction score
Country
United States
The more I've thought about this theory, the more I speculate. It has been mentioned that AFO has no issue committing gruesome murders. In the case of Nana Shimura, he even blows up an entire city, definitely overkill. He had the same opportunity to kill All Might in the same fashion at the Kimino ward, but he doesn't. Why? Because Midoriya is there. I agree with the idea that AFO definitely knew that those students were there, and that one of them happened to be Midoriya. Instead of risking injury to Midoriya, he decides to fight All Might in close combat.
Now, in opposition to this particular theory, maybe he couldn't kill All Might in the same fashion as Nana because he's gotten weaker over time. But it's interesting to consider.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't AFO is Deku's father. It wouldn't add much to the story. He already sees All Might as his mentor/father figure. There's no conflict.

I wanted to add a few things. First, I think it's entirely possible that one of AFO's quirks is some sort of mind manipulation quirk. He may have used it on Inko and Izuku to alter their memories of him so as to not reveal that Izuku is his child. Why he wouldn't want them to know, idk, but it could explain the lack of acknowledging Izuku's father on their part. It could also explain the meaning behind his assigned name, Hisashi. Additionally, the writer of this post makes a good point about how Horikoshi said he would "reveal" Izuku's father, not "introduce." Interesting word choice indeed...
Second, and I realize this not much to do with this tgeotry as it does the story writing, but it does seem like Horikoshi is drawing much inspiration from Star Wars and using it in BNHA, from AFO resemblance to Darth Vader to the names of locations. Not much seems to be known about Horikoshi, so he might be a huge Star Wars fanboy and wants to incorporate certain aspects of that series in his. That isn't unusual fpr many writers, look up J.K. Rowling's inspirations for Harry Potter. It isn't unusual or unheard of for storytellers to draw on other stories and incorporate them into their own. Also, for me, the Star wars connection doesn't ruin BNHA for me personally and I never even caught on to it until I read this post. I think it's actually quite genius, especially to a Star Wars fan like myself.
I also read a comment that in the manga there is a photo of Izuku and his parents. Does anyone have a picture of that or know what chapter to look in? Just curious.

Adding on to my original post, if AFO has a mind altering quirk, it kinda would be like a Jedi mind trick.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

ANOTHER star wars connection I just thought of. As Izuku color scheme is green, AFO has been shown in a red scheme in scenes shown from the past as well as the red lightning from when he attacks. Sort of reminiscent of Luke's green lightsaber and Vader's red, don't you think?
Why would AFO mind manipulate Inko when she (and most everyone else) doesn't know who AFO is, let alone what he looks like? The guy ran the underworld from the shadows. And, why even give Inko the mental suggestion to forget when he could simply go with "Your husband is dead"? And, if AFO wanted to break ties with Inko and Deku, why is he giving them money? Deku's dad is the money maker. AFO could've just went with "Your husband's dead and he left you a huge amount of money."

And yes, Horikoshi is a Star Wars geek, but doing the "I am your father" thing, again, doesn't add to the story. Deku wants to be a hero. Luke Skywalker admired his dad because he was told he was a hero. That's not the case with AFO. He's a villain from beginning to end. Sure, it would suck to have an evil overlord for a dad, but Deku has All Might and he knows all the crap AFO's done from All Might and the AFO's brother. There's no connection there. If OFA revealed he's Deku's father, Deku would be shocked and still do everything he can to make sure he pays for his crimes.

UNLESS, dot dot dot wait for it, AFO is deku's dad.

That's not quite the right way to frame this. The issue here would be AFO's surveillance of nana's family in general and just bidding his time to slowly manipulate them. Between AFO's words back when he fought allmight and the added context now... it's just so painfully clear how much of an effect he has had. If nana is related to inko and AFO had that much influence on them that early on then at a minimum inko at this time was already on AFO's radar unless she somehow, and unintentionally, managed to slip right under it.

Now, if inko didn't manage to slip under the radar... it means that even deku's birth could have been tampered with. And if not that, he might have a role in why deku's dad is absent (including actually being deku's absent dad).

And then, imagine the dynamic between these 3 if AFO is deku's dad... You'd have shigaraki as AFO's kinda adoptive son... who was twisted and warped and largely meant to inherit AFO... And then AFO's biological son... Who was molded by AFO to inherit OFA.

And what makes this work is.... how AFO was shown in the flashback. He didn't gain his followers because he was specifically powerful. Certainly his quirk helped but he became what he was because he was able to prey on the weakness inside people's heads and take advantage of it. He manipulated and discarded people as it suit him. And this shigaraki/izuku stuff would be his crowning achievement, whatever his game is.

This chapter also heavily reminded me of what the stupidest man in this manga said about the death of allmight... That it was going to be brutal. I suppose we can look forward to allmight's death being pretty much like what we saw shigaraki's family experience.
Are you saying Inko is a relative, like a cousin or Inko is Kotaro's sister? Because I don't think Nana had more than one kid.

AFO "molding Deku" doesn't make sense to me. Mold him to do what? Coincidently meet All Might so All Might would pick him as his successor even though Mirio was the top pick? To mold Deku into wanting to be the greatest hero like All Might and therefore hate guys like AFO?

I agree, AFO manipulates people, but what's the ultimate goal in being an absentee dad for Deku? Daddy Issues?

The more I've thought about this theory, the more I speculate. It has been mentioned that AFO has no issue committing gruesome murders. In the case of Nana Shimura, he even blows up an entire city, definitely overkill. He had the same opportunity to kill All Might in the same fashion at the Kimino ward, but he doesn't. Why? Because Midoriya is there. I agree with the idea that AFO definitely knew that those students were there, and that one of them happened to be Midoriya. Instead of risking injury to Midoriya, he decides to fight All Might in close combat.
Now, in opposition to this particular theory, maybe he couldn't kill All Might in the same fashion as Nana because he's gotten weaker over time. But it's interesting to consider.
It was mentioned at Kamino AFO had different quirks from the last time he and All Might fought. Also, this is a weaker AFO fighting who got his butt kicked when in his prime when he fought All Might years ago. I'm assuming he had the same quirks back then as the ones he used to kill Nana. Even if he could do the same thing as last time he wouldn't because it didn't work last time. Plus, Nana was overall weaker because: 1.) She had less stockpiled power than All Might and 2.) She'd passed OFA to Toshinori years ago compared to All Might who passed the quirk less than a year before fighting AFO in Kamino.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Are you saying Inko is a relative, like a cousin or Inko is Kotaro's sister? Because I don't think Nana had more than one kid.

AFO "molding Deku" doesn't make sense to me. Mold him to do what? Coincidently meet All Might so All Might would pick him as his successor even though Mirio was the top pick? To mold Deku into wanting to be the greatest hero like All Might and therefore hate guys like AFO?

I agree, AFO manipulates people, but what's the ultimate goal in being an absentee dad for Deku? Daddy Issues?
Either one. With what we know its impossible to rule out any option. IMO inko is way too similar to nana and AFO too much of a sadist for this to be a coincidence. Seriously, no one can possibly believe inko visiting the doctor could plausibly be a coincidence.

basically to fuck with Allmight and perhaps OFA in general just wants to control both sides... We saw OFA at the battle against allmight... the guy is petty. He goes out of his way for needlessly complicated revenge plans merely to spite allmight.

Yep, daddy issues. A pretty good hero motivator. According to the wiki though, deku's dad is just off country working a job though. Not sure of what to make of that.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Either one. With what we know its impossible to rule out any option. IMO inko is way too similar to nana and AFO too much of a sadist for this to be a coincidence. Seriously, no one can possibly believe inko visiting the doctor could plausibly be a coincidence.

basically to fuck with Allmight and perhaps OFA in general just wants to control both sides... We saw OFA at the battle against allmight... the guy is petty. He goes out of his way for needlessly complicated revenge plans merely to spite allmight.

Yep, daddy issues. A pretty good hero motivator. According to the wiki though, deku's dad is just off country working a job though. Not sure of what to make of that.
All Might said Inko reminded him of Nana because of her hairstyle and her motherly personality not that she looked like Nana and Nana was like a mother to All Might.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
All Might said Inko reminded him of Nana because of her hairstyle and her motherly personality not that she looked like Nana and Nana was like a mother to All Might.
I don't remember the specifics of that conversation but its not what I was referring to. Nana is physically similar to inko, specially thin inko.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't remember the specifics of that conversation but its not what I was referring to. Nana is physically similar to inko, specially thin inko.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
ok, but still nana is physically similar to inko. And the hair as well. And I would still make the point that the keywords in that page are "I can't quite put my finger on it" part. The series is practically screaming it. More than that, it is screaming it maniacally while violently shaking from the shoulders whoever is willing to listen. There is a connection between inko and nana.

On another note, in a page of the chapter that page is in we see inko thinking "our izuku" or whatnot... I suppose the "our" part alludes to midoriya's dad....

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
ok, but still nana is physically similar to inko. And the hair as well. And I would still make the point that the keywords in that page are "I can't quite put my finger on it" part. The series is practically screaming it. More than that, it is screaming it maniacally while violently shaking from the shoulders whoever is willing to listen. There is a connection between inko and nana.

On another note, in a page of the chapter that page is in we see inko thinking "our izuku" or whatnot... I suppose the "our" part alludes to midoriya's dad....
Momo looks similar to Nana and has the same exact hairstyle but their not related beside if Inko is related to Nana then where did Inko get the green hair and green eyes from because everyone in Nana's family has black hair and black eyes. Also Nana's name can mean vegetables and one of the meanings of Hana means flower Nana's quirk likely has some to do with manipulating plants.

Last edited:

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States

They're too many coincidences and no real goal. Deku was inspired by All Might to be a hero, not his dad. And, even if that's the case, AFO would give him a quirk to be a hero. Deku and All Might meeting was a chance occurrence. No way AFO could have planned them meeting and All Might giving him OFA. The messing with you angle doesn't work either because why would All Might be upset Nana's relative had a kid who wants to be a hero? The reason All Might is so torn up about Shigaraki is because he became a villain. I'm just not seeing it.

Super Angillis

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Deku's dad is working. That doesn't make him a bad father (unless he's working on something bad).
It's probably the fact he never seems to show up or contact the family no matter what happens.

Lil Izuku is distraught he doesn't have a quirk? Nothing.
Izuku suddenly develops a quirk and gets into the top hero school? Not a peep.
Izuku comes in third at the UA sports festival but breaks every bone in his arm twice? Not even a phone call.
Izuku gets taken to the police station after a forced conversation with a psycho? Not even an E-mail asking if he's okay.
Izuku breaks every bone in his arms and legs at summer camp? No reaction.
Izuku get's his provisional liscence? No congratulations.
Izuku helps take down the Yakuzu during his internship, but his boss gets killed? Still no signs of life.

Either Inko hasn't told him anything, or he really isn't interested in what's happening with his son.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
They're too many coincidences and no real goal. Deku was inspired by All Might to be a hero, not his dad. And, even if that's the case, AFO would give him a quirk to be a hero. Deku and All Might meeting was a chance occurrence. No way AFO could have planned them meeting and All Might giving him OFA. The messing with you angle doesn't work either because why would All Might be upset Nana's relative had a kid who wants to be a hero? The reason All Might is so torn up about Shigaraki is because he became a villain. I'm just not seeing it.
So? AFO hasn't been shown as a driven and nuanced villain with specific goals for allmight to stop. He is a maniac whose only objective is power and control over people he couldn't plausibly give fewer fucks about. He made shigaraki into his succesor so that he could give allmight's ego a bitchslap at some unspecified point in the future (which turned out to be the kamino fight). and the reason allmight, and deku, would be upset over this would be that it would make them into brainless puppets that merely danced according to AFO's will. And whatever else will end up topping whatever else afo is cooking up.