Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Please don't get axed, holy fuck it looks interesting
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The cover and color page are super cool, i'm hyped and please be good!

Also, his art improved af since Poro, at least based in the color page
I still don't like the coloring but the designs are cute
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Mission of Yozakura family chapter 01 color spread :super

my instinct says, this manga may survive. mark my word. my instinct tingle lastly activated on Act-age & tokyo shinobi squad:hi.my instinct will fully active when the chapter drops ofc
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I'm really looking forward to it, seems like it might have a similar feel to Baccano or DRRR, with a quirky mafia cast, and the cover page seems to suggest a romance that isn't a harem, I hope the first chapter doesn't disappoint.
True, if each is a couple it may be interesting.
the red-haired boy and the girl in blue are a couple and the guy in black must be the girl's father (just a kick)
There's the shirtless guy and the pink-haired girl who looks cooler.
And finally the girl in white and the blond boy in the black outfit.
Only the guy with the bucket on his head is alone.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
On the US Jump twitter they called it an “Hilarious Action series, with a lot of heart”.

So I’m guessing it’s definitely a battle shonen, with Comedy and Romance elements.

I know a lot of people are saying it’s a “Action/Comedy” or “Rom/Com”, or a “Action/Romance”.
But they prioritized calling it a Action series, and just included that it was also funny. So I’m expecting it be Action before all else
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
On the US Jump twitter they called it an “Hilarious Action series, with a lot of heart”.

So I’m guessing it’s definitely a battle shonen, with Comedy and Romance elements.

I know a lot of people are saying it’s a “Action/Comedy” or “Rom/Com”, or a “Action/Romance”.
But they prioritized calling it a Action series, and just included that it was also funny. So I’m expecting it be Action before all else
didn't they call Yui Kamio a supernatural battle series or something back when it was starting up?
 

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
17,727
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Mission of Yozakura family chapter 1 is pretty nice. It has action, drama, humor and even love. Some parts remind me to Assassination Classrrom.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm digging the art and character designs. It looks like a lot of fun. Hoping Gondaira can succeed because I saw potential in Poro.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Mission of Yozakura family chapter 1 is pretty nice. It has action, drama, humor and even love. Some parts remind me to Assassination Classrrom.
So it's an all-purpose hybrid then? Interesting, that's definitely a niche which Jump is kinda lacking right now.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
So Jujutsu is finally coming to Spain.

In 8 weeks we'll see how Yozakura does in Tocs. I don't see it getting a top-5 spot since the 4 first places are usually closed for Kimetsu, OP, Neverland and Stone and the 5th place is a fluctuation between Black Clover, Hero Academia and Jujutsu. So a 6th to 8th or 9th place and consolidate it for 4-5 weeks over all the newbies (there is a big cushion and Kamio Yui isn't ending for now) + Yuuna + maye Act-tage and Chainsawman would be very good news for its survival.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm really excited about Yozakura. Loved the GFC's winner one-shot and liked Poro, so I'm cheering for this mangaka. The art is dope too.

Btw, Black Clover's CP:

 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
lol it's really rare to see Redon commenting about the chapter 1 of a new series, must be really good.

So Jujutsu is finally coming to Spain.

In 8 weeks we'll see how Yozakura does in Tocs. I don't see it getting a top-5 spot since the 4 first places are usually closed for Kimetsu, OP, Neverland and Stone and the 5th place is a fluctuation between Black Clover, Hero Academia and Jujutsu. So a 6th to 8th or 9th place and consolidate it for 4-5 weeks over all the newbies (there is a big cushion and Kamio Yui isn't ending for now) + Yuuna + maye Act-tage and Chainsawman would be very good news for its survival.
It really doesn't matter, if the manga is very well received it can totally be in the top 5, the top 5 today isn't nearly as hard to achieve as it was years ago (before Nakano), so i don't see why you're making it seems something so hard to achieve when excluding One Piece and maybe Yaiba, isn't really rare to see Stone and Neverland out of the top 5
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
lol it's really rare to see Redon commenting about the chapter 1 of a new series, must be really good.



It really doesn't matter, if the manga is very well received it can totally be in the top 5, the top 5 today isn't nearly as hard to achieve as it was years ago (before Nakano), so i don't see why you're making it seems something so hard to achieve when excluding One Piece and maybe Yaiba, isn't really rare to see Stone and Neverland out of the top 5
Why you singling out Nakano? To me, the ease of the Top 5 is more the result of so many iconic series leaving the period of 2014-2016.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why you singling out Nakano? To me, the ease of the Top 5 is more the result of so many iconic series leaving the period of 2014-2016.
Because it's been pretty obvious how the toc became less relevant since he started as editor in chief, if it was how it was before him, Yaiba (before anime) wouldn't have half of the great positions it had, Dr. Stone wouldn't be pushed so much in the top 5, BNHA would be fighting neck at neck with One Piece for the "1st place" of the toc like it was few years ago before "suddenly" falling to the middle and the list goes on.

The "iconic" series ending can make it easy, sure, but SJ today have two of their biggest series being constantly placed in the middle or sometimes even in the bottom for no reason at all (not like Bleach that was dropping in popularity), while mangas that barelly sell over 100k are being placed higher many times or even in the 1st place, this would hardly happen before Nakano.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Because it's been pretty obvious how the toc became less relevant since he started as editor in chief, if it was how it was before him, Yaiba (before anime) wouldn't have half of the great positions it had, Dr. Stone wouldn't be pushed so much in the top 5, BNHA would be fighting neck at neck with One Piece for the "1st place" of the toc like it was few years ago before "suddenly" falling to the middle and the list goes on.

The "iconic" series ending can make it easy, sure, but SJ today have two of their biggest series being constantly placed in the middle or sometimes even in the bottom for no reason at all (not like Bleach that was dropping in popularity), while mangas that barelly sell over 100k are being placed higher many times or even in the 1st place, this would hardly happen before Nakano.
Eh, fair argument. I think the changes in handling comes down simply to priorities. With the kettle hot on TPN, KNY and Stone (insert joke about Stone's sales here) due to their anime, it makes sense to push them to the front of the pack, while the likes of MHA and Haikyu need it less because they've become so significant. OP I would assume is kept at the front for brand reasons, it's basically Jump's mascot at this point. I'd actually argue it has much the same role nowadays that Kochikame had during the Big 3 era.
 

Lazarillo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
United States
FYI, the blurb for Yozakura says "If you look at them like this, they're family, but however you look at them, they're oddballs." and the title of the first chapter is "Mission 1: The Cherry Blossom Ring" ("ring" as in the thing you wear on your finger, not, like, a crime syndicate, or something).

As a fan of AssClass, I get a good feeling from that cover.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
Im new to this site but I thought I might chime in, I'm trying to make a Reddit for the new series of Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen. I wanted to know if there was any info on what it was about?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im new to this site but I thought I might chime in, I'm trying to make a Reddit for the new series of Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen. I wanted to know if there was any info on what it was about?
You should use the English translated title, IMO. But, aside from that, we don't have an official synopsis yet. On the shonen jump Twitter it's said to be an action series that'll make you laugh, and it has heart.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Im new to this site but I thought I might chime in, I'm trying to make a Reddit for the new series of Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen. I wanted to know if there was any info on what it was about?
Woah woah there, calm down with the reddit. Wait to read it first
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top