Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Difficult poll is difficult.

I've voted Hokuto no Ken because the legacy and how it has been overshadowed in this decade by freaking JoJo while these new anime watchers don't know anything about Hokuto no Ken.

Still, Kinnikuman also deserves an anime remake for 40th anniversary and it has a lot of material to adapt.

Dragon Quest no Daiboken has the syndrome of big end-80s-beginning-90s titles suffering because its anime. I mean:
-Dragon Quest no Daiboken had an anime but only adapted until chapter 40
-Video Girl Ai had an ''anime'' of...6 episodes. (Same stuff happened with I's)
-Bastard also had an ''anime'' of 6 episodes.
-Rokudenashi Blues will never ever have anime series leaving me in the deepest desesperation.

PD: Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho also needs an anime remake for 50th anniversary stuff.

Also, Astro Kyudan and Circuit no Okami deserve to get anime series.

Another title that unironically needs to be "remaked" (more like, animate a season 2) is Ichigo 100%

BTW, Niko, the typesetter of Otoko Ippiki in HnG has told me they are going to release now chapters in weekly basis.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,215
Country
United Nations
I'm sure when we get Samurai 8 sales numbers we will get like 50 pages in a week discussing them, so 1000 is totally reachable.
I feel like we will get the most information from the volume 3 sales.

Do we know when that one is coming out yet?
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I mentioned the potential slowdown to Buranchi since we were forced to close a thread, Kiss or Count thread in Fun Forum, due to this reason. The delay is only when you post a message (which took close to a minute in that particular thread IIRC), not when you view the thread, so I suggested it for the convenience of the regular posters here. Apparently the thread I mentioned has 57k replies and this thread is only at 15k yet, I don't know at what point the delay becomes noticeable, so if there's no problem, Buranchi can decide when to lock this thread and start a new one.

I don't have any performance issues right now, it is loading at the normal speed, so for me it continues like this.
Not that the forum loads the entire thread every time someone loads a page by the way, or at least it shouldn't. It would be a very bad architecture decision. Therefore I'm very skeptical to this logic.

Disclaimer: I'm a developer.
I don't have the means to debug the live site but earlier there was a similar problem caused by a badly coded double post merge add-on. The add-on author used a faulty logic to detect the user of the last post for merging which caused severe performance issues in long threads. I tried to fix that particular problem but there may be other bottlenecks which may require coding from scratch with a new design.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I mentioned the potential slowdown to Buranchi since we were forced to close a thread, Kiss or Count thread in Fun Forum, due to this reason. The delay is only when you post a message (which took close to a minute in that particular thread IIRC), not when you view the thread, so I suggested it for the convenience of the regular posters here. Apparently the thread I mentioned has 57k replies and this thread is only at 15k yet, I don't know at what point the delay becomes noticeable, so if there's no problem, Buranchi can decide when to lock this thread and start a new one.



I don't have the means to debug the live site but earlier there was a similar problem caused by a badly coded double post merge add-on. The add-on author used a faulty logic to detect the user of the last post for merging which caused severe performance issues in long threads. I tried to fix that particular problem but there may be other bottlenecks which may require coding from scratch with a new design.
For now, no trouble with posting answers on my part, will make sure to mention it if I notice any delay for that though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I feel like we will get the most information from the volume 3 sales.

Do we know when that one is coming out yet?
I'm guessing it might be 2020. Dunno if Shueisha has added information on the release date for volume 3 on the site yet or not.
Edit: still nothing about volume 3 on the site.

On another so many volumes are released on October 4th

One Piece 94
KNY 17
TPN 16
Chainsawman 4
Samurai 8 1-2
Jujutsu Kaisen 7

Those being series I buy the volumes of and each volume being ¥451 tax included (around $4 and about 3,8€) buying all of these would be $30 gone 😅
 
Last edited:

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
I feel like we will get the most information from the volume 3 sales.

Do we know when that one is coming out yet?
Official site are only updated until November,
and the December list "leak" doesn't list sam8 vol.3
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Actually nevermind, found it (Jujutsu Kaisen is apparently getting a Vol 0 and Vol 2-6 reprint in 2 days)

12/4
My Hero Academia 25 440
act-age 9 440
Hinomaru Zumou 28 440
Kimetsu no Yaiba 18 440
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 19 440
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui 3 440
Mutou to Satou 3 未定
Ore o Suki nano wa Omae dake kayo 5 460
Arata Primal 4 600
Shijinsou no Satsujin 1 未定 (probably a new Jump+ manga, based on a novel/movie apparently)
Boukyaku Battery 6 600
Jigokuraku 8 440
My Hero Academia ILLEGALS- 8 480
Teihen Yuchuba ga Uchuu Sensou o Totte Mita 1 未定 (probably another Jump+ newbie?)
Twin Star Exorcist 20 480
World Trigger 21 480
Kekkai Sensen Back2Back 7 480
Kojirase Hyakki Dominor 4 460

November updates: Shueisha added Beast Children Vol 2 and TSS Vol 2, along with Jump+ newbies Haikyuu-bu Vol 1 and Ministry one Vol 1.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Slam Dunk should get an anime, no question. That was an easy one.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
One thing I was thinking is that Jujutsu manga licensing in Spain (2 days ago it was officialy revealed) has been way minor than Act-age. Well, I can understand the two main reasons for that:
-Act-age had a solo announcement. Jujutsu has shared the announcement with Jigokuraku and 5toubun
-The Mangaplus leak

I wonder if Jujutsu manga will be popular in Spain. It is starting to be known in Western sites, but is still pretty small compared with practically rest of Jump.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
One thing I was thinking is that Jujutsu manga licensing in Spain (2 days ago it was officialy revealed) has been way minor than Act-age. Well, I can understand the two main reasons for that:
-Act-age had a solo announcement. Jujutsu has shared the announcement with Jigokuraku and 5toubun
-The Mangaplus leak

I wonder if Jujutsu manga will be popular in Spain. It is starting to be known in Western sites, but is still pretty small compared with practically rest of Jump.
Mamgaplus leak?
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Mamgaplus leak?
Mangaplus ''leaked'' in June (or was July?) that Norma Editorial got both Jujutsu and Jigokuraku in Spain because at the end of the chapters there was a banner of the manga editorial. Now that the reveal has been official two days ago, nobody cared very much.

Which is sad in a way. I want Jujutsu to be succesful in my country.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think Jujustu was one of the last ones that ESJ published only 3 chapters initially, afterward they put the rest. Therefore, I read 3 chapters and didn't pursue the following chapters because it was normal, didn't see anything special and for me it would be a easy cancellation. Jump is surprising me the last couple of years with these readers' decisions.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I was having a convo in other sites about how in this decade almost all MCs have been literally manlets with very little height (Deku, Asta, Hinata, Tanjirou, Hachimaru,, World Trigger MC, Hinomaru, Nagisa from Assassination Classroom, etc).

Pre-2018 only Soma and Senku are ''tall'' (173cm is not being tall but ey, that's more than 170 cm).

And after this ''shorty'' trend, the 2018 trio are ''tall characters''.
-Itadori and Denji are in the 172-173 cm club
-Yonagi is 168cm, but for the typical manga 16 years-old girl, that is being pretty tall.

Kamio Yui MC is also tall, I'd say almost 180cm. TSS MC should be over 176cm. The other 2019 newbies are again in the manlet club (well, Taisei is 14, younger than the rest of current Jump cast, but seems to be almost in 170 cm).
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
Easy. Slam Dunk should get a good anime remake. Hopefully the Refurbished sales gave them some incentive.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just saw a tweet about the Rugby World Cup, it is rolling, 1 month and 9 days until the Final. It is not that much of a time, only more or less 5 chapters so I don't think Beast Children is going anywhere until there. What do you guys think?
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
I was having a convo in other sites about how in this decade almost all MCs have been literally manlets with very little height (Deku, Asta, Hinata, Tanjirou, Hachimaru,, World Trigger MC, Hinomaru, Nagisa from Assassination Classroom, etc).

Pre-2018 only Soma and Senku are ''tall'' (173cm is not being tall but ey, that's more than 170 cm).

And after this ''shorty'' trend, the 2018 trio are ''tall characters''.
-Itadori and Denji are in the 172-173 cm club
-Yonagi is 168cm, but for the typical manga 16 years-old girl, that is being pretty tall.

Kamio Yui MC is also tall, I'd say almost 180cm. TSS MC should be over 176cm. The other 2019 newbies are again in the manlet club (well, Taisei is 14, younger than the rest of current Jump cast, but seems to be almost in 170 cm).
Kei Yonagi is surprisingly tall for a FMC in a shonen manga. It started becoming obvious to me in the few weeks ago with a PR gala (even with heels on) and the kitchen scene that same chapter.

Plus that 168cm measure was at the beginning of the manga. She is obviously at least 170+ now, which is cool.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top