Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
The one sad thing about Hinomaru getting an official epilogue is that I'll no longer be able to say that Donald Trump appeared on the last page of a Jump manga to give the protagonist an award.
Id take a fleshed out ending over that anyday lmao
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
What's there really needed to explain? The current arc is almost over and, provided there's no random intrusions, there's really no much else to go towards other than a concluding arc resolving the central mystery. Stone's arc are hardly very long anyway.
It's clear you dont properly read the manga if you think so. Senku's goal is to build back civilization, we finally get an arc outside the ishigami village and you already think the franchise is rounding up the plot holes in 8 months. Stop clowing bro.. senku's adventure just started. :-_-
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think trying to discern when Dr. Stone will end is a futile exercise. The current arc might very well be the final one, and it's just as possible to see the series continuing for a long time afterwards, the series changed pace and tone many times during its run for us to know what comes next.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia

Insert obvious joke about Tamura and babies here.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since I returned to the forum some weeks ago I think every series has been discussed about its ending or not ending, even One Piece! However, I think Haikyuu has been one saved from this discussion. I'm not reading it right now so I have no idea what's going on although the last time I read it, like 2 years ago(?), it seemed like it was not far from ending and yet here we are. XD
I will start to reread it this week, it is time. So, it is far from ending, close to ending?
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Since I returned to the forum some weeks ago I think every series has been discussed about its ending or not ending, even One Piece! However, I think Haikyuu has been one saved from this discussion. I'm not reading it right now so I have no idea what's going on although the last I read it, like 2 years ago, it seemed like it was not far from ending and yet here we are. XD
I will start to reread it this week, it is time. So, it is far from ending, close to ending?
Uh....no. I won't say why, but it isn't. For...reasons.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
It's clear you dont properly read the manga if you think so. Senku's goal is to build back civilization, we finally get an arc outside the ishigami village and you already think the franchise is rounding up the plot holes in 8 months. Stop clowing bro.. senku's adventure just started. :-_-
To be fair, the story will probably start wrapping up after they catch the 'big bad' and find out his reasons.

But we have no idea when that'll be.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since I returned to the forum some weeks ago I think every series has been discussed about its ending or not ending, even One Piece! However, I think Haikyuu has been one saved from this discussion. I'm not reading it right now so I have no idea what's going on although the last time I read it, like 2 years ago(?), it seemed like it was not far from ending and yet here we are. XD
I will start to reread it this week, it is time. So, it is far from ending, close to ending?

I want it to be close to the end (I got tired of the manga already, I will admit), but now it seems like it might be very, very, very far from it.
 

Edward Marchiori

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 8, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
13
Age
30
Country
Germany
There’s a slight chance Kimetsu beats OP in sales for 2019?
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
Since I returned to the forum some weeks ago I think every series has been discussed about its ending or not ending, even One Piece! However, I think Haikyuu has been one saved from this discussion. I'm not reading it right now so I have no idea what's going on although the last time I read it, like 2 years ago(?), it seemed like it was not far from ending and yet here we are. XD
I will start to reread it this week, it is time. So, it is far from ending, close to ending?
Who knows? People were speculating that they might win the tournament and that'd be the end of it, but that always seemed unlikely to me. I can easily see them doing the entire three years of high school (which still tells us almost nothing about the total lenght of the series, because some matches take two pages and some fill up four volumes).
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Great news about the HZ epilogue, now It really will have had one of the best runs in Jump history.

And Kimetsu’s train arc getting a movie is probably the best thing that could’ve happened. Surely I wasn’t the only one thinking we’d have to wait ages for another season because Ufo only does a cour or two per year, plus all their other properties that’ll take up time. At least now people get tided over in the meantime and even more hype is generated because it’s the best arc.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Interesting note, but it seems that 2.5D Seduction, that new ecchi romance who everyone is convinced is by Haruto Ikezawa, is doing surprisingly decent on Amazon in terms of sales.

Might be worth keeping an eye on.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Beast Children is going to get a bump from The Brave Blossoms beating Ireland in the Rugby World Cup. Sweet!
Definitely curious to see what Volume 1 sales are like over the next couple weeks! It's gonna be pretty funny if Japan doing surprisingly well at Rugby is what saves Beast Children moments before the guillotine falls.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I knew Hinomaru Zumou would get a wedding epilogue, you can't hype that kind of thing up so much then just end before it. It's the only thing it needs to pretty much have the perfect ending too.

Actually, when was the last long-running series that just ended normally in the main magazine with no move to Giga or special epilogue in the volumes/jump+?

Personally I like seeing the mangaka switch out for the ending since it means they have a bunch of extra time to draw a good final chapter but it's odd how it seems more common than stuff ending normally. Even a good deal of cancelled series have a bonus epilogue of some kind.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Actually, when was the last long-running series that just ended normally in the main magazine with no move to Giga or special epilogue in the volumes/jump+?
Toriko? I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something but I think the next long runner after to end was Gintama.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Toriko? I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something but I think the next long runner after to end was Gintama.
Saiki K ended before Gintama left, though it too moved to GIGA. There was also Isobee Monogatari, but I'm not sure if anyone even remembers that series...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Question, do you think there's a Jump manga in the last five years or so which realistically deserved a chance? Like, not a series which was selling 5k or less, but something which would've conceivably grew at a steady rate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top