- Joined
- Aug 29, 2019
- Messages
- 150
- Reaction score
- 338
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Gintama 1st movie readapted the Benizakura Arc but it was adapted in the anime as well
If they are smart then they could rearrange the movie into 4-5 episodes at the start of S2(if announced) because otherwise i can see the popularity decreasing outside of japan.They will have to manage it very well so that it doesn't spoil the enjoyment of a second season because not all people can or want to go watch a movie and then after that some people may not understand the second season if they don't do at least a summary of the arc adapted into the movie. Well...
All stories can be improved by good character writing. Summer Time Rendering "works" because the "mystery takes the spotlight" but that doesn't mean it's not hundreds of times worse than Higurashi (which the author of STR must be a fanboy of), which has much better characters, which are used in a way to get you even deeper into the mystery.Weirdly enough, I think plot-driven manga can do better with somewhat forgettable characters than with strong but unlikable ones. The Promised Neverland and Summer Time Rendering both have characters that don't stand out that much, but it works because for most of the story the mystery takes the spotlight and you care about them enough that you want them to survive. Shiki and Killer Instinct on the other hand have some more prominent and developed characters (IMO), but most of them are insufferable *****, so I kind of lost interest because I wanted them all to just go die in a ditch.
Higurashi is a VN which takes 50+ hours to read through, of course the amount of detail with the characters is going to be much greater compared to a single manga with less than 10 volumes.All stories can be improved by good character writing. Summer Time Rendering "works" because the "mystery takes the spotlight" but that doesn't mean it's not hundreds of times worse than Higurashi (which the author of STR must be a fanboy of), which has much better characters, which are used in a way to get you even deeper into the mystery.
My point is that I find Summer Time Rendering to be shallow.Higurashi is a VN which takes 50+ hours to read through, of course the amount of detail with the characters is going to be much greater compared to a single manga with less than 10 volumes.
That said, Summer Time Rendering does remind me a lot of classic PC-98 ADV games. Wonder if that was the inspiration?
It will most likely end within the next 2 years, and in general, its star is fading. Though you are right, it was the "next big thing" for a good chunk of time.The manga industry did get the "next big thing" with Shingeki no Kyojin. It just wasn't WSJ or even Shueisha. It has sold 80 million in Japan in the last 10 years and if it survives for another 10
Ahh I am too happy right now!!Hinomaru Sumo epilogue will be publishing 04/10 on Shônen Jump +. Will be about a wedding ceremony
Kimetsu no Yaiba will be airing on Toonami on October 12th. It'll be replacing Dragon Ball Super, I think, so we'll see how that goes.I’m pretty sure in the US the movie will have a very hyped theatrical release, with packed theaters.
And I’d imagine it’d be on streaming or Toonami or something sometime before a Season 2 release. Unless season 2 is releasing in spring 2020, which I’d imagine isn’t happening now do to the movie, I think ppl will probably have a means of seeing the movie before any season 2 airs.
Unless we have to wait like 3 years for a season 2, I doubt hype will drop off a lot. And even then, series like Attack On Titan regained its hype with a quality season
So you still not gonna explain that drstone gonna live for "8 months based on how the current arc is gonna be" with other titles ending this year. Stop clowning without proper back-upHigurashi is a VN which takes 50+ hours to read through, of course the amount of detail with the characters is going to be much greater compared to a single manga with less than 10 volumes.
That said, Summer Time Rendering does remind me a lot of classic PC-98 ADV games. Wonder if that was the inspiration?

You can't waste 5 episodes out of 25 on something like that. DBS could get away with it because it was long-running plus Dragon Ball fans are used to padding. And even then it almost killed Super before it even began properly.If they are smart then they could rearrange the movie into 4-5 episodes at the start of S2(if announced) because otherwise i can see the popularity decreasing outside of japan.
What's there really needed to explain? The current arc is almost over and, provided there's no random intrusions, there's really no much else to go towards other than a concluding arc resolving the central mystery. Stone's arc are hardly very long anyway.So you still not gonna explain that drstone gonna live for "8 months based on how the current arc is gonna be" with other titles ending this year. Stop clowning without proper back-up![]()
Kuroko's Basketball LAST GAME was an adaptation of EXTRA.Is Kimetsu the first Jump title to animate in a movie a manga arc? The other Jump movies I recall are always the type of ''original anime'' movies.
I finally gave in and got caught up last week but couldnt update you since I was busy irl for the week. I had such a blast reading CSM & was amazed by how hype the manga is & even with handling slice of life moments. It has a bunch of great characters & Denji is surprisingly relateable. I was initially turned off by how edgy it was (it still is but not as annoying I imagined it to be) and with that puke chapter turning me off even further but I'm glad I took your advice and read the series.We're both Shimabu fans, so you can trust my opinion. Read it. Read it now and enjoy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What a glorious day to get this news & the demon train arc being adapted into a movie. I would prefer it to be in a seasonal format but since demon train is arguably the best arc in the series then I guess its not a bad decision at all. Very exciting news.Hinomaru Sumo epilogue will be publishing 04/10 on Shônen Jump +. Will be about a wedding ceremony
