Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I don't 100% see any of my evidence as absolute proof on its own, but put together...it adds up, you know? That's how I see it, anyway.

Well, changing the subject up somewhat, what would exactly be the numbers that would judge S8 as "under-preforming"?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Here's another interesting topic (pretty please)

Given how KnY is still growing in sales and peak, what do you think would be its actual sales peak?
600-650k is not far off right now. It's print numbers should be around that tbh.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Here's another interesting topic (pretty please)

Given how KnY is still growing in sales and peak, what do you think would be its actual sales peak?
600-650k is not far off right now. It's print numbers should be around that tbh.
Tough to say, especially given the current promotion and how there's only so much farther to go in terms of volumes (we're on the verge of closing Vol 20 right now). Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if the series ended before it fully peaked.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Here's another interesting topic (pretty please)

Given how KnY is still growing in sales and peak, what do you think would be its actual sales peak?
600-650k is not far off right now. It's print numbers should be around that tbh.
My bet is it'll reach at least 500k within a month with volume 17. 600-650k is also a possibility, but I want to keep track of the first two weeks first. I don't know if it can go any higher with the following volume or if it would get another boost from the movie and/or from the second season, my bet is that it won't, but it can definitely be stable until the end with how popular it got and assuming that it won't take much long before we reach the conclusion of the series.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Here's another interesting topic (pretty please)

Given how KnY is still growing in sales and peak, what do you think would be its actual sales peak?
600-650k is not far off right now. It's print numbers should be around that tbh.
I think that’s possible, though I want to wait until a new volume comes out to be completely sure. I’m confident it’s gonna do 500k in a month, but 600k? I’ll be surprised if it could pull off what HeroAca and Neverland couldn’t do so soon.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think that’s possible, though I want to wait until a new volume comes out to be completely sure. I’m confident it’s gonna do 500k in a month, but 600k? I’ll be surprised if it could pull off what HeroAca and Neverland couldn’t do so soon.
Honestly though, the hype after KNY's season finale compared to TPN's seems to be much bigger. TPN managed to gather a lot of hype during it's first episodes, but the episodes fell flat after that, only gathering attention once again once the second half started. KNY had an episode that was mentioned everywhere and widely lauded and the finale also trended and kept people screaming for more. Of course TPN still got a big boost from it's anime adaptation and it's still a pretty popular series, but as of now, KNY seems to be at least a bit bigger than TPN.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Talking about it, i got really impressed when i noticed the official Yaiba account on twitter is at 500k followers, precisely 551k right now, its already above Haikyuu's official account and only behind Haikyuu's anime account that have 735k. It's funny because series like BNHA and Neverland that are "bigger" series are quite behind, specially Neverland despite both having very big animes in Japan and worldwide.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Talking about it, i got really impressed when i noticed the official Yaiba account on twitter is at 500k followers, precisely 551k right now, its already over Haikyuu official account and only behind Haikyuu anime account that have 735k. It's funny because series like BNHA and Neverland that are "bigger" series are quite behind, specially Neverland despite both having very big animes in Japan and worldwide
Just goes to show how unreliable something like twitter is to measure the popularity of something and I'm not talking about just manga but the entertainment industry overall.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Talking about it, i got really impressed when i noticed the official Yaiba account on twitter is at 500k followers, precisely 551k right now, its already above Haikyuu's official account and only behind Haikyuu's anime account that have 735k. It's funny because series like BNHA and Neverland that are "bigger" series are quite behind, specially Neverland despite both having very big animes in Japan and worldwide.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that noticed that. I’m not sure which series is the biggest of the three at this point.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Here's another interesting topic (pretty please)

Given how KnY is still growing in sales and peak, what do you think would be its actual sales peak?
600-650k is not far off right now. It's print numbers should be around that tbh.
Its recent print numbers point to 705k per volume, which was probably in preparation for the finale of the Kimetsu anime. Volume 17 will be very interesting to track and I'm very excited to see how it does.

I agree that it will be peak around 600-650k. While the demon train arc is getting a movie adaptation, I think itll get a recap in season 2 which will give a boost. Similar to how kimetsu was shown in theaters before the anime aired.

Talking about it, i got really impressed when i noticed the official Yaiba account on twitter is at 500k followers, precisely 551k right now, its already above Haikyuu's official account and only behind Haikyuu's anime account that have 735k. It's funny because series like BNHA and Neverland that are "bigger" series are quite behind, specially Neverland despite both having very big animes in Japan and worldwide.
This is nothing new, Kimetsu has always had a strong twitter/social media following. I very well remember Kimetsu's twitter beating BC's follower count even before the Kimetsu anime was announced.

Also its no surprise either as Kimetsu's episodes trended worldwide, episode 19 & the finale being big examples of that. I dont recall TPN/MHA having that level of success with their anime.
 
Last edited:

Paze

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
121
Reaction score
116
Age
33
Country
United States
Lots of shounen now seem to have the character type of a little girl who the mc looks after. Bnha has Eri, op has otama, Kimetsu has Nezuko, Spy x family has Anya, BC has Marie (kind of). Has this always been a thing or is it to now a fad?
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Also its no surprise either as Kimetsu's episodes trended worldwide, episode 19 & the finale being big examples of that. I dont recall TPN/MHA having that level of success with their anime.
The closest thing I could think of was United States of Smash having HeroAca (or rather All Might) trend in Japan. I dunno if it did in the West, but it was certainly a big moment, from what I've seen. Still, I honestly won't be surprised if HeroAca trends worldwide this season.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
A news channel (Kyodo news) covered Yudetamago interacting with fans for the 40th anniversary exhibition of Kinnikuman. This is awesome...talk about a legendary duo...


If any of you guys visit please share some pictures!
"Kinnikuman Friendship 40th Anniversary Exhibition" will be held
Tokyo: October 16th to October 29th, Tobu Department Store Ikebukuro Branch, 8th floor
Nagoya: November 23 to December 8, Nagoya Parco West Building 6th Floor Parco Gallery

FYI Toei animation has sponsored this event, along with others! I think its obvious but if we get a reboot of some sort, it will very well be by Toei. They've already animated the remastered opening in those pachinko.
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
Talking about it, i got really impressed when i noticed the official Yaiba account on twitter is at 500k followers, precisely 551k right now, its already above Haikyuu's official account and only behind Haikyuu's anime account that have 735k. It's funny because series like BNHA and Neverland that are "bigger" series are quite behind, specially Neverland despite both having very big animes in Japan and worldwide.
And just three days ago it was at 481k, can't wait to see how the next volume will do
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yunna's chapter this week was quite cool lol
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Question: How big would the boosts be when Jujutsu Kaisen, Act-Age, and Chainsaw Man get their anime adaptations?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
At this point it is obligates to say depends on the story and the ANIMATION behind it.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Can we not be hostile, please? We just moved past that.


Question: How big would the boosts be when Jujutsu Kaisen, Act-Age, and Chainsaw Man get their anime adaptations?
It depends on how passionate/talented the anime staff is with the source material. I feel like CSM will get picked up by Madhouse/MAPPA and JJK by studio bones. I havent read up on AA so its early to judge. You can get a boost with a bad adaptation but you get the idea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top