- Joined
- Jul 18, 2019
- Messages
- 255
- Reaction score
- 865
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
This a really good point, and I feel like the latter can't be emphasized enough. Kimetsu no Yaiba is good stuff, and I don't think people would still be watching if the narrative wasn't good, but its popularity also seems to be in no small part due to the incredible job Ufotable did animating the fight scenes. I personally started watching after seeing the sequence from Episode 19 out of context. It wasn't really on my radar yet before then, and now I've watched the whole dang thing and I'm starting the manga. This feels like a phenomenon that is not unique to me.At this point it is obligates to say depends on the story and the ANIMATION behind it.
So yeah, I think Act Age, Jujitsu Kaisen, and Chainsaw Man all have the potential to get big boosts from their animes. As long as the animes themselves are A+.