Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
since this wasn't brought up,(it was in the replies)

the stats if for all stores and not just jumpbookstore(in case people were wondering)

and the mangaka cut is 15% for digital volumes.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
leditor/mr.ren (editor of chainsaw man, spyxFAMILY, heart gear, dricam, moonland, launch editor for fire punch, Jigokuraku, blue exorcist, kono oto tomare, eren the southpaw, a ton more) interview

 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,216
Country
United Nations
"For comics in #2, as the paper edition of Jump+ continues to gain popularity, the series in it are also getting more demand for second printings. "
There's a paper edition of Jump+?

I thought it was only digital.
 

Lazarillo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There's a paper edition of Jump+?

I thought it was only digital.
I surmise he might me the volume releases of Jump+ series in general.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
leditor/mr.ren (editor of chainsaw man, spyxFAMILY, heart gear, dricam, moonland, launch editor for fire punch, Jigokuraku, blue exorcist, kono oto tomare, eren the southpaw, a ton more) interview

This guy has Midas's Touch. Also explain why SpyXFamily author has Chainsaw Man preview copy, i thought he was a fan xD
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
This guy has Midas's Touch. Also explain why SpyXFamily author has Chainsaw Man preview copy, i thought he was a fan xD
"Midas Touch"

I mean...Moonland is still bombing.

In other news, 2.5D Seduction continues to surprise me. On Day 1 of actual release, it's ranked 550 on Amazon, squarely between Hinomaru and Samurai 8, which seems to suggest to me we can expect the series to do at least 30k. Not bad.
 
Last edited:

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like recent volumes of various Shonen Jump manga have included booklets advertising the first two volumes of Samurai 8.

 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like recent Volumes of different Shonen Jump manga have included booklets advertising the first two volumes of Samurai 8.

Has that ever happened before?
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Looks like recent volumes of various Shonen Jump manga have included booklets advertising the first two volumes of Samurai 8.

SAMURAI PUSH
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Looks like recent volumes of various Shonen Jump manga have included booklets advertising the first two volumes of Samurai 8.

Oh hey, they did try some kind of promo for S8.

I do wonder how effective this would be practically, though. The only way people could see these would be after they already got their haul of volumes, so the idea would effectively be expecting people to make another one right after the first, which I don't think is very appealing for a number of reasons. Pretty much everyone who's been following Jump in any capacity already know about S8 as well, so I'd imagine everyone would've already made their mind up if they'd buy the volume or not.

That raises another question, do the digital volumes have the same kind of promotion for them?
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Rain, somehow I knew you were going to spin that into a negative.

It's a fairly big deal. Can you recall any other Jump series receiving similar treatment?
Eh, maybe with S8 I'm unable to look optimistically at it >>

Anyway, regarding your question, nope, don't think so.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia


Everything on the stands. S8 is indeed front and centre, it seems.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Huh, so I'm going through the Shinhei Hayashi interview, and he mentioned that Heart Gear is big enough in France to where they ordered a first printing three times that of Japan's. Interesting.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Maybe i'm trolling but there is a 1 and a Kanji on Spy x Family ad. Someone corrects me and i'll edit it, but for now i'll leave it there.]

edit Oh it means 1st rank for an award. I'm trolling indeed,
 
Last edited:

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil


Everything on the stands. S8 is indeed front and centre, it seems.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Huh, so I'm going through the Shinhei Hayashi interview, and he mentioned that Heart Gear is big enough in France to where they ordered a first printing three times that of Japan's. Interesting.
I feel so much pleasure looking at images like these. If I ever go to Japan, I think I'll pass out when entering a bookstore with that quantity of manga lmao
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top