Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
The new mangas has been struggling because there isn't much space to begin wit in the magazine. The ones in bold are the established ones:

Yakusoku no Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Boku no Hero Academia
Dr. Stone
One Piece
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Jujutsu Kaisen
Haikyuu!!
Black Clover

Yozakura-san Chi no Dai Sakusen
Act-Age
Mitama Secu-Rei-ty
Chainsaw-man
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
Samurai 8
Futari no Taisei
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Beast Children

There is only two spots above the infamous bottom 5. That's harsh, unless you are good enough to take the place of someone established, you are going to suffer to keep even mid positions in the TOC.
as long people enjoy it and the sales are decent. being mid wont really matter, btw the new coming newbys can always switch places for promotion purpose if the manga is good enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I know I’m in the minority that thinks this, but personally I think a couple more spots should be added.
Some one mentioned it before. But having a couple series that were Bi Weekly, and a couple series that were just monthly would be cool
the bar has been lowered already for this generation jump to -2, we just need to hope for a talented author soon...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
the bar has been lowered already for this generation jump to -2, we just need to hope for a talented author soon...
You don't know the risks you are taking in this thread by saying that the bar was lowered in this generation... :P


This thread for the past two days.
But I think nobody here didn't read Samurai 8. Everybody read it, that's the problem. :derp
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
People complain about the subject of the thread, but when we are making an effort to talk about another thing they come with this kind of post, then there is no right to complain after this.

Anyway, since we are back to this subject I will ask the question I was holding. Do you think that Kishimoto is accepting suggestions from his editor after this turbulent start? Because there were some news of the editor of Naruto saying that he suggested some things to Naruto, now he is editor in chief in Jump SQ, and also Kishimoto saying that there were things he wanted to do in Naruto, but they didn't let him do and now he wanted to do some of those things in Samurai 8. I think it is very important to have a partnership between editor and author to make the series a success and this supposedly egoism of Kishimoto is not going well with Samurai 8, so what do you think?
 
Last edited:

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
People complain about the subject of the thread, but when we are making an effort to talk about another thing they come with this kind of post, then there is no right to complain after this.

Anyway, since we are back to this subject I will ask the question I was holding. Do you think that Kishimoto is accepting suggestions from his editor after this turbulent start? Because there were some news of the editor of Naruto saying that he suggest some things to Naruto, now he is editor in chief in Jump SQ, and also Kishimoto saying that there were things we wanted to do in Naruto, but they didn't let him do and now he wanted to do some of those things in Samurai 8. I think it is very important to have a partnership between editor and author to make the series a success and this supposedly egoism of Kishimoto is going well with Samurai 8, so what do you think?
Doesn't S8 have a newbie editor? I doubt he suggests or rejects anything due to Kishi's status as a legend
 

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
People complain about the subject of the thread, but when we are making an effort to talk about another thing they come with this kind of post, then there is no right to complain after this.

Anyway, since we are back to this subject I will ask the question I was holding. Do you think that Kishimoto is accepting suggestions from his editor after this turbulent start? Because there were some news of the editor of Naruto saying that he suggest some things to Naruto, now he is editor in chief in Jump SQ, and also Kishimoto saying that there were things we wanted to do in Naruto, but they didn't let him do and now he wanted to do some of those things in Samurai 8. I think it is very important to have a partnership between editor and author to make the series a success and this supposedly egoism of Kishimoto is going well with Samurai 8, so what do you think?
I think it is more likely the editor gives Kishimoto much more freedom because his big name.

Once I heard that Jump usually gives newbie editors to experienced writers.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Doesn't S8 have a newbie editor? I doubt he suggests or rejects anything due to Kishi's status as a legend
I think it is more likely the editor gives Kishimoto much more freedom because his big name.

Once I heard that Jump usually gives newbie editors to experienced writers, this balance things.
This doesn't sound good to me. Newbie or not, the editor should say his opinion and the author should listen to it.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
People complain about the subject of the thread, but when we are making an effort to talk about another thing they come with this kind of post, then there is no right to complain after this.
It just says alot that this thread have been talking about Sam8 for the best few days than the actual Sam8 discussion thread.
 
Last edited:

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
If I can change the topic a bit:

Are there any Jump Plus titles that you find yourself enjoying? What makes you enjoy them so much?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
This manga was in the works for the last two years.
How do we know that multiple editors were not involved and didn't give their opinion and advice already?
Everyone is just assuming at this point that Kishi didn't listen to any editor. It could very well be the other way around.

Also, even if he did not implement the advise of an editor, there is nothing wrong with that.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If I can change the topic a bit:

Are there any Jump Plus titles that you find yourself enjoying? What makes you enjoy them so much?
Besides Spy x Family, which is the obvious answer?
I read some chapters of Jigokuraku and it looks interesting, gotta catch up.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
You don't know the risks you are taking in this thread by saying that the bar was lowered in this generation... :P

But I think nobody here didn't read Samurai 8. Everybody read it, that's the problem. :derp
what i mean with bar lowered are the spots, not the manga itself. the demand for quality manga is of course higher now
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
If I can change the topic a bit:

Are there any Jump Plus titles that you find yourself enjoying? What makes you enjoy them so much?
Spy x Family
Blue Flag
Haikyubu!!
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I forgot about the last part of the answer. Spy x Family has the three most interesting characters of the year, simply put, and their relationship is so heartwarming despite their multiple secrets between one another, Anya is the only one who knows the identity of everybody there and she kind of manipulates them without realizing with some of her actions. XP
The environment is algo great, I'm very curious to see what will happen with the mission and whether it is going to have a more serious tone in the future.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Besides Spy x Family, which is the obvious answer?
I read some chapters of Jigokuraku and it looks interesting, gotta catch up.
I wanted to say "besides the obvious Spy x Family", but I think there were some here who don't enjoy it as much as others. Hey, ya never know!
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Jigoraku is pretty gud until chapter 20 then i dropped for it for some unknown reason.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
If I can change the topic a bit:

Are there any Jump Plus titles that you find yourself enjoying? What makes you enjoy them so much?
People are gonna go "wtf" at me, but I read a lot of these (some occasionally, some I am not caught up with recent chapters etc.)

If we are talking ongoing only: Dorei Yuugi (a very good and interesting concept that doesn't become shy to be brutal), Spy x Family (no need to mention why), Heart Gear (nails the adventure feel with a great art style), Dosanko Gyaru is Mega Cute (5 chapters so far of a rom-com fluff without any rivals, yay!), Jigokuraku (great characters and art), Summer Time Rendering (a very well done mystery manga that keeps delivering), Blue Flag (top notch writing and some great characterization), It's Time For Interrogation, Princess! (kinda repeats itself too much, but a cute gag manga), Hina Change (an interesting examination of a gender identity crisis), Curtain's Up, I'm Off (revolves around acting and actually gives space to non-rival side characters), Tokedase! Mizore-chan (too funny) and MHA Vigilantes (a solid spinoff of a manga a like).

I have dropped things like Sa-Chan (trash), World's End Harem (ultra mega giga omega sigma ****** trash), Abyss Rage (one of the slowest paced manga I have seen), Spotless Love (too much for me, no offense), Koi Goku no Toshi (a solid mystery concept but random fanservice ecchi for no purpose but for that) etc.
Aharen-san is 50-50 for me right now. It's okay, but also very generic at the same time and feels like it should have ended long ago.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wanted to say "besides the obvious Spy x Family", but I think there were some here who don't enjoy it as much as others. Hey, ya never know!
Well, there is always people with some weird tastes. XD
But there are some mangas that I call Yotsuba level, they are so cute and heartwarming with a good story to complement that if you don't like it you have some problem. :derp
Spy x Family is not far from reaching this level to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top