Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
could have been an assistant
Horikoshi specifically calls him his mentor, and Shibashi's wording makes it sound like they had series in Jump at the same time.
Kagijin/my dear Hitomi no Catoblepas for Jump, Gaist Crusher for V Jump.
None of that seems to have been very successful. I was kinda expecting something bigger.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Horikoshi specifically calls him his mentor
maybe Horikoshi was his assistant then? Summer Time Rendering seems to be his only successful thing yet.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
maybe Horikoshi was his assistant then? Summer Time Rendering seems to be his only successful thing yet.
Probably. It must have been during Tanaka's run in Jump because Horikoshi was already on his own by the time he did Gaist Crushers in V-Jump.

I assume Shibashi must be his personal friend because Kagijin didn't really last long enough for them to develop a close relationship as co-workers. Or maybe they both worked as assistants with the same mangaka. Do we know if Shibashi was someone's assistant?
 
Last edited:

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Ah neat, Interrogation Princess! I wonder, discounting the series which have obvious sexual content like Worlds End Harem and 2.5D Seduction, are there any popular J+ series not on the platform?
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Ah neat, Interrogation Princess! I wonder, discounting the series which have obvious sexual content like Worlds End Harem and 2.5D Seduction, are there any popular J+ series not on the platform?
Dorei Yuugi, Aharen, Dosanko Gyaru, Eren the Southpaw, Muto & Sato, Tokedase! Mizore-chan, Haikyu-bu!!, Oresuki, Mone-san...
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
According to Wikipedia, Shibashi was an assistant for Steel Ball Run.

There's usually a credit page for assistants in volumes, right?

Does anyone here own Steel Ball Run and can check if there's some Shibashi-san and Tanaka-san among the assistants?

I feel I'm getting closer to figuring this out.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
According to Wikipedia, Shibashi was an assistant for Steel Ball Run.

There's usually a credit page for assistant in volumes, right?

Does anyone here own Steel Ball Run and can check if there's some Shibashi-san and Tanaka-san among the assistants.

I feel I'm getting closer to figuring this out.
Shiibashi went from helping on Steel Ball Run to writing Yui Kamio? Talk about a downgrade.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
MangaPlus views number comparison, it is kinda hilarious

Mitama Security 33,185 (more than a month)
'Tis Time for Torture, Princess 28,274 (for 5 hours)
2 oneshots from Jump below (F-Ken and Science vs Magic) at 11k and 26k respective
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Do you think Yuuna might end up in Jump+ if the sales keep going down but Miura wants to keep going?
Not at all. I think that it would go to a Toloveru route and get a sequel on Jump SQ. I doubt this will happen though
Fun isn't something one considers when analyzing the manga market, but Kimetsu's boost... does put a smile on my face.
(Kind of overplayed, I know...)
Seriously, I don't know if they underestimated the boost or if the adjusted print number still wasn't enough. It's so impressive I have no words for it
According to Wikipedia, Shibashi was an assistant for Steel Ball Run.

There's usually a credit page for assistants in volumes, right?

Does anyone here own Steel Ball Run and can check if there's some Shibashi-san and Tanaka-san among the assistants?

I feel I'm getting closer to figuring this out.
Do you mean volumes in general or Jojo's volumes? Because I have a lot of manga volumes and I haven't seen anything like that
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Nah. Kimetsu only surpassed MHA this year because of its huge backlog sale. Volume by volume, it still has a long way to catch up to Hero and Neverland. It's still premature to think its popularity is at MHA level.
*For some reason I'm not receiving notification. Anyway, with the high budget movie that Ufotable is making, I can see the series easily jumping to second place in the magazine.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Not at all. I think that it would go to a Toloveru route and get a sequel on Jump SQ. I doubt this will happen though

Fun isn't something one considers when analyzing the manga market, but Kimetsu's boost... does put a smile on my face.
(Kind of overplayed, I know...)
Seriously, I don't know if they underestimated the boost or if the adjusted print number still wasn't enough. It's so impressive I have no words for it

Do you mean volumes in general or Jojo's volumes? Because I have a lot of manga volumes and I haven't seen anything like that
I've seen it in both MHA volumes and Black Clover volumes.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
KnY #17 will sell better than TpN #18

Dont @ me
I mean, that's a given right now. TPN volume 18 comes out in like 5 or 6 months and the series doesn't have a second season with a confirmed comeback date yet and even then I don't think it can get another big boost. I don't doubt that by the end of its run, KNY will have sold more copies than TPN in total.

Fun isn't something one considers when analyzing the manga market, but Kimetsu's boost... does put a smile on my face.
(Kind of overplayed, I know...)
Seriously, I don't know if they underestimated the boost or if the adjusted print number still wasn't enough. It's so impressive I have no words for it
It would be foolish to look at the backlog boost and not think the printing demand should be way higher. We don't have the numbers but it should be around 800k at least (assuming that it won't sell more than this for the first month, of course). But then again, underestimating might be the case.

*For some reason I'm not receiving notification. Anyway, with the high budget movie that Ufotable is making, I can see the series easily jumping to second place in the magazine.
The movie will probably take at least a year or a year and a half to be done. I don't think KNY will still be running by then, unless Gotouge pulls a whole new plot out of nowhere.
 

Kharthas

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2019
Messages
119
Reaction score
420
Age
34
Country
United States
What's your prediction for this volume of Kimetsu? How long will it take to reach 600k copies sold?
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Honestly, I think Interrogation Princess should have started in Jump. Huge potential if it was serialized there imo.
Ehh, I don't think that's what the readers are searching in the main magazine -_-; . It fits perfectly where it belongs

I would rather had summer time rendering, spy x family & arata primative in the main magazine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top