Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Finally, something new on MangaPlus. Plus Torture Princess was already running and seems to be pulling in decent numbers. Again, why don’t they just do this for all of their currently running stable non-ecchi series?
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
I really love the 'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess title, casual and smooth!

I'm all aboard the Muto & Sato train.
I hate the fact nobody wants to TL it. Too sad.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,549
Reaction score
11,289
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So in regards to Chainsawman being on the Jump Festa poster thing, what are we realistically expecting?

Would they already give it a seasonal anime, or is it more likely a OVA type thing?
Too soon for an anime.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
1,214
Country
United Nations
I doubt the dad had 80+ years and died (and it would be random for the MC to go to a grave of his opponent's dad or grandpa), there is also a mention of "breaking the cycle" at the end and Meguru himself stated that he is gonna die from that poison pill around after the match anyway. Also the year 2020.
Yeah, but they also mentioned that the father also played shogi, and quit. And the butler was hesitant to teach Meguru shogi because of it. I'm not a 100% sure, but they are at least dropping some hints that the father died the same way and Meguru is copying him.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
New Jump+ mini series of 3 chapters Good Morning Psychopath started today. Starts as fluff, goes weird at the end of the chapter.

 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
New Jump+ mini series of 3 chapters Good Morning Psychopath started today. Starts as fluff, goes weird at the end of the chapter.

Maybe it is Gakkou Gurashi style, one of my favorite styles. Gotta read at some point this week.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
... Mitama would be so much better if they served it in small doses like this.
Honestly, I think Interrogation Princess should have started in Jump. Huge potential if it was serialized there imo.
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
411
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
I really hope Manga+ picks Forgotten Battery someday.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
I've been trying to ask this for a while, what's the difference between Jump + and mangaplus? Is Jump + available in english?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've been trying to ask this for a while, what's the difference between Jump + and mangaplus? Is Jump + available in english?
Jump+ is Japanese only, Manga+ is Shueisha international effort on this, I think. Manga+ has the popular series from Jump+ and Jump and Jump SQ series, but not all Jump+ series.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll get a new Jump SQ on manga+/viz anytime soon. We're now getting every WSJ series except Yuuna, and seem to get a new Jump+ manga about every month, but nothing from Jump SQ.

They were going to add Rurouni Kenshin Hokkaido to the lineup but dropped it after the scandal. I suppose World Trigger returning pretty much became Kenshin's replacement (though weirdly manga+ runs chapters of the original series).
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll get a new Jump SQ on manga+/viz anytime soon. We're now getting every WSJ series except Yuuna, and seem to get a new Jump+ manga about every month, but nothing from Jump SQ.

They were going to add Rurouni Kenshin Hokkaido to the lineup but dropped it after the scandal. I suppose World Trigger returning pretty much became Kenshin's replacement (though weirdly manga+ runs chapters of the original series).
They seem to mostly get picked up as physical releases rather than Simulpubs
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll get a new Jump SQ on manga+/viz anytime soon. We're now getting every WSJ series except Yuuna, and seem to get a new Jump+ manga about every month, but nothing from Jump SQ.

They were going to add Rurouni Kenshin Hokkaido to the lineup but dropped it after the scandal. I suppose World Trigger returning pretty much became Kenshin's replacement (though weirdly manga+ runs chapters of the original series).
I would like to see Young Jump, Jump SQ and maybe Ultra and saikyuu new series in the app, but there's is also the possibility of oversaturate the site.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top