Well, I got a question in regards to Jump sale directive because I wanna know if it's true or not:
I read that Jump forced Bookstores in Japan to get a lot more of Samurai 8 than they had originally ordered. Like if they order 150 KnY they got 90 and the other 60 were S8. Or that they cannot send the copies they don't want back to Jump. Or that they get discounts only if they order a specific number of S8 copies.
I know that such customs are quite common in USA comic market where publishers "forcefeed" bookstores with their large release numbers but the bookstores sit on the comics and can't sell them to the customers. But I didn't knew that something like that also happens in Japan's manga market. Is this something new or did something like that happens regularly over there as well?
It's unlikely that Jump 'forced' them to take more than they ordered, since you can't just send a bookstore stuff they didn't ask for and expect them to pay for it. What is possible is that Jump offered them a good deal if they bought a lot of volumes and the bookstores (the head office) agreed, even though they know they probably won't sell them all.
As for returning the unsold copies, they probably aren't allowed to send them back
yet. There's usually a time stamp on books, and you can only send them back after a certain time (in our bookstore this was 6 months, don't know about Japan).
Not getting enough Kimetsu is probably unrelated, if there aren't enough copies to fulfill all the orders, the copies they do have will be spread over as many bookstores as possible, so every store will get a bit less than they ordered.
FYI, views have been decreasing from 10k on first chapter to hardly more than 4k at this point.
And falling. It was at 30865 before the new chapter dropped yesterday, and it's at 32835 now. I doubt it'll reach 3k.