Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What's your prediction for this volume of Kimetsu? How long will it take to reach 600k copies sold?
I think it can cross the 600k mark within a month at least. It might even reach 700k or get close to that figure.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I mean, that's a given right now. TPN volume 18 comes out in like 5 or 6 months and the series doesn't have a second season with a confirmed comeback date yet and even then I don't think it can get another big boost. I don't doubt that by the end of its run, KNY will have sold more copies than TPN in total.



It would be foolish to look at the backlog boost and not think the printing demand should be way higher. We don't have the numbers but it should be around 800k at least (assuming that it won't sell more than this for the first month, of course). But then again, underestimating might be the case.



The movie will probably take at least a year or a year and a half to be done. I don't think KNY will still be running by then, unless Gotouge pulls a whole new plot out of nowhere.
I meant volume 16, my mistake..
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Shuiesha most of the time print under, it's not the first time at all.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm sure that the print number for Samurai 8 is at least 100k.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
They also ought to have talked about Tanaka's manga history when Summer Time Rendering was announced. They usually do that, right?

Where could I check that announcement?
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
The movie will probably take at least a year or a year and a half to be done. I don't think KNY will still be running by then, unless Gotouge pulls a whole new plot out of nowhere.
It's possible, the plot structure is very similar to that used in Bleach.
Maybe saving Ru- Nezuko is just a cover for something bigger. XD

Someone here read "The Right Way to Make Jump!"? Is it worth it?
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
1,214
Country
United Nations
What's your prediction for this volume of Kimetsu? How long will it take to reach 600k copies sold?
Depends on when they print them...


Ehh, I don't think that's what the readers are searching in the main magazine -_-; . It fits perfectly where it belongs

I would rather had summer time rendering, spy x family & arata primative in the main magazine.
I think it would work very nicely as a short gag manga at the end of the magazine.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wouldn't desire for a series to be serialized in Jump ever, they are very well where they are. A series in Jump is never guaranteed to make success, the schedule is rasher and you have less time to show what you've got than Jump+. Jump+ has the advantage of been widely available by the click of the mouse.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
1,214
Country
United Nations
Torture Princess is now fully available on MANGA Plus. You'll love this @Jovan

You know they pay attention to detail when the sword is wearing a hat on top of its helmet.


Aaand it surpassed Mitama. This is kinda sad.

Granted, Interrogation Princess has 24 chapters, so it's not a completely fair comparison. The real test will be the next chapter.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I wouldn't desire for a series to be serialized in Jump ever, they are very well where they are. A series in Jump is never guaranteed to make success,
This could be said about any manga platform
Being successful in the publishing industry in general is extraordinarily difficult
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This could be said about any manga platform
Being successful in the publishing industry in general is extraordinarily difficult
I should have made myself clearer, there is no place more difficult than Jump. Of couse Jump+ is hard, but is not as hard as Jump, that's for sure.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
You know they pay attention to detail when the sword is wearing a hat on top of its helmet.


Aaand it surpassed Mitama. This is kinda sad.

Granted, Interrogation Princess has 24 chapters, so it's not a completely fair comparison. The real test will be the next chapter.
18 chapters were already released, but yeah, since it's a binge release in the platform, it's not really a fair comparison knowing there's a lot of first time readers.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Wouldn't it be a kick in then rear if KNY ends up topping TPN and MHA in per volume sales peak. A series no one really thought would go that far.
The power of Ufotable. I wonder if Ufotable is going to start doing more shonen jump or manga adaptations. I wouldnt mind seeing Jigokuraku done by them. They could really use a series with great world building.
The movie will probably take at least a year or a year and a half to be done. I don't think KNY will still be running by then, unless Gotouge pulls a whole new plot out of nowhere.
I feel like it can if Muzan runs away. In the same way that its done in Inuyasha with Naraku but less obnoxious. I hope Gotouge doesnt get persuaded by the editors to prolong the series more than it should due to the overwhelming success its having now.

I hope it ends soon and doesnt fall under the same fate that brings a lot of shonens down in quality by doing a timeskip.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

...shit, it’s gonna break 650k in a month at this rate...

I kind of want there to be a poll about how much the latest volume will sell in a month.
Its gonna do 600-650k but I dont see it getting another boost until season 2/movie. I dont see it beating MHA's per volume sales. MHA is selling ~800k right? I predict that Kimetsu will peak at 750k.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
18 chapters were already released, but yeah, since it's a binge release in the platform, it's not really a fair comparison knowing there's a lot of first time readers.
If anyone wants to know some rough math:

Tis Time For "Torture," Princess: 37,000 views and 24 chapters = 1542 views per chapter
Mitama Security: 33,000 views and 6 chapters = 5500 views per chapter

Just looking at the total view numbers and declaring one more popular than the other is a bit short-sighted right now, since there's a significant disparity in chapter count. Like Raf says, the best gauge will be to see how much each manga's viewcount increases when they get new chapters.
 
Last edited:

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Why we are comparing two completely unrelated series again?
Because they're both gag manga, one of which has become a small hit for Jump+?

Unless you're asking about the Summer Time Rendering comparison, which is just Thores using data points. I do find it a bit shaky though, given that STR's story encourages binging.
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Why we are comparing two completely unrelated series again?
Just people trying to dab on series they hate, nothing new.
BTW, I'm once again quoting the poll prints because they are hard to find due to how many new pages we got in these past few days
As the new poll is up, I will post here the results of the former poll so we can compare to the Oricon results


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top