Freedom is a beautiful Thing

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
It's similar to Ao no Flag, in fact I when I started with it I thought it was the same author of Shimanami. :XD

The theme is about LGBT too, though this one centers more on a male MC who faces similar problems as Touma it does have other great characters. The manga is pretty short, has only like 20 chapters. The art style is stunning too, check on it some time o/


 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
It's similar to Ao no Flag, in fact I when I started with it I thought it was the same author of Shimanami. :XD

The theme is about LGBT too, though this one centers more on a male MC who faces similar problems as Touma it does have other great characters. The manga is pretty short, has only like 20 chapters. The art style is stunning too, check on it some time o/


Ohhhh interesting, interesting Reviii,i'll be sure to put it onto my PTR-List and try to get onto it soon as i can. Art looks pretty catchy so i might do this really soon even,thanks for the recommendation! :blushbirb Is that where your Set is from?
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Ohhhh interesting, interesting Reviii,i'll be sure to put it onto my PTR-List and try to get onto it soon as i can. Art looks pretty catchy so i might do this really soon even,thanks for the recommendation! :blushbirb Is that where your Set is from?
Glad that you will! Give me your thoughts when you start with it.
You mean my current set? No hahaha but now that I look it's similar to the style. To be honest every panel of the manga is high quality art. :blush
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Glad that you will! Give me your thoughts when you start with it.
You mean my current set? No hahaha but now that I look it's similar to the style. To be honest every panel of the manga is high quality art. :blush
I'll make sure to! And good to know,the better the art with some Manga the more enjoyable they become for me. :verily
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Vici I nominated you for a few categories in the Comm. Awards,hope that's cool.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Not bad mate. Been taking a few breaks in between TAFE Courses for the better part of this year while juggling work. It's been humming along. Yourself?
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Not bad mate. Been taking a few breaks in between TAFE Courses for the better part of this year while juggling work. It's been humming along. Yourself?
Busy times from the sound of it,interesting didn't know you were doing Tafe-Courses while keeping up with Work and Private Life. Your schedule must've been packed lol.

I've been doing pretty well thanks man,had a bit of a rough patch a few week's back but i've recovered from it more or less by now. Back to studying abroad in the States now,landed 2 days ago and moved into a new Apartment close to my University. The place is really lit and a gym's close by too so my needs are satisfied so far haha. Been practising my editing skills here and there with minor successes so far xD.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Vici Hey,i'm not sure if you already know this or not but i just saw this on my usual Mangapage and remembered how in Love you are with RWBY :blush

RWBY Manga Anthology

Seems to be a Manga Adaption/SpinOff/Sequel or something in that direction,i checked the first volume out and saw that there were some nice arts thrown in as well. Maybe you'll like this too,unless you already know it. xD It's 4 Volumes i think.:verily
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@revo New Blue Flag Chapter is out!
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
@revo New Blue Flag Chapter is out!
Great, thank you! Going to check on it now :wtf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Seraph finally gave it another re-read, didn't expect to be a mostly soft and fun chapter but had to see it coming with Touma and Futaba being the spotlight :lmao

They're probably my favorite duo in the whole manga now, I love how Taichi and Masumi have life debates everytime they're together but Futaba and Touma only have a praise battle, talk about opposites :XD
Read some comments about disliking this chaper but it was good to me, needed something like this to break the tension a little. Still the serious fight between them was great, Touma yelling at her that "she's already blessed" and how tired he is of her looking at him like an idol is from my top favorite pages now, it just hits hard.
Futaba saying "because I also love Taichi too" was great too, I thought the author was going to make Taichi's and Futaba's love relationship just a teenage phase thing but I like how it is going, also the conflict she has with Touma now because of this.

All Touma's and Futaba's chapters being together are always so good, hope the author makes them interact with each other more and not make them enemies or something :blush
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
@Seraph finally gave it another re-read, didn't expect to be a mostly soft and fun chapter but had to see it coming with Touma and Futaba being the spotlight :lmao

They're probably my favorite duo in the whole manga now, I love how Taichi and Masumi have life debates everytime they're together but Futaba and Touma only have a praise battle, talk about opposites :XD
It really was nice to see,like really,i did not expect that Futaba and Touma would have such a nice chemistry with each other. Really makes you wonder what things would've been like if Touma and Futaba had actually gotten together haha., Taichi and Masumi's talks also always take a serious turn,like,they start out more or less neutral but at some point one of them will look sad or Masumi will just yell at Taichi or something. :nah

I actually gotta throw Taichi and Mami in for the race of best duo here,that one time when she grabbed his hand just to talk with him and then(too) gave him a serious talk about love and friendship was nice to see too. It is basically the same kind of relationship as he has with Masumi but it is a lot more awkward and funny between these 2 i found. :XD

Read some comments about disliking this chaper but it was good to me, needed something like this to break the tension a little. Still the serious fight between them was great, Touma yelling at her that "she's already blessed" and how tired he is of her looking at him like an idol is from my top favorite pages now, it just hits hard.
Futaba saying "because I also love Taichi too" was great too, I thought the author was going to make Taichi's and Futaba's love relationship just a teenage phase thing but I like how it is going, also the conflict she has with Touma now because of this.
I wasn't really sure what the first chapter after Touma returned to school would be like,glad it was a tension release chapter like this one to be honest. So i'm with you on that for sure,i was also surprised that their Class was so open and fine with what happened to and with Touma. Instead of,as you'd expect of them,eagerly awaiting Touma and whispering over his outing they went and got mad at Masuo for getting violent with him. That was incredibly sensible and fair of them but a little unfair given that they had only heard of it per hear say and not what they actually witnessed but you know how it goes in High School lol.

Futaba was really brave in this conversation with Touma,on the one side she managed to get across that she is aware that a rift opened between them and on the other side she kept reassuring him that no matter what happened it is their friendship that matters more than anything. Similar to Touma,she only wants to see them smile together again but as Friends because she loves Taichi. I didn't think Touma would lash out at her but it was true,this is the point in the manga where we see that he too has his worries and "flaws" that he has to keep up with in his daily life,but it also is the changing point for Touma. It was a strong moment when Futaba asked him if he wanted to be like her not because of her characteristics but because of Taichi's Love for her...like wow. Touma's face said it all.:emobirb

All Touma's and Futaba's chapters being together are always so good, hope the author makes them interact with each other more and not make them enemies or something :blush
How convenient that Taichi was sick this Chapter right? :heh I really wonder what happens when he and Touma meet again,their talk should be the next one down the line to resolve this situation and decide wether they'll try and keep going as friends or if they'll go their separate ways. They both know they need to talk with each other so there's that. I do hope they'll remain friends but only god(And the author teehee...) know if this isn't Taichi's moment to break and have a yell at Touma now...
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Congratulations on winning! : D @Seraph
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
@revo New Ao no Flag Chapter!

Just read it, finally a serious conversation between these two! Futaba's words made me tear up, that "I'm praying" was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.
I'm really, really surprised by the suggestion of Taichi considering Touma as "an option", I have no idea where the author wants to take it, especially for the last page of Taichi in bed about to write Touma's name, do you think this will really lead to Taichi being interested in boys too?

Need more Itachi content :emocat
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Just read it, finally a serious conversation between these two! Futaba's words made me tear up, that "I'm praying" was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.
I'm really, really surprised by the suggestion of Taichi considering Touma as "an option", I have no idea where the author wants to take it, especially for the last page of Taichi in bed about to write Touma's name, do you think this will really lead to Taichi being interested in boys too?

Need more Itachi content :emocat
That actually had me confused because going by what Touma remembered and Taichi's own reaction/behaviour since the confession i have to say i thought he was simply "tolerating" it so far. Or,like,considering to try and stay friends despite what happened and hence took some time off,really hoping Futaba meant that Taichi is thinking of him not as a potential lover but more like/still like his best friend. It's like Futaba said,she can't give Taichi what his best buddy could while his best buddy cannot give him what his girlfriend can. Or in this case,he can but should not because they prefer friendship haha.

Guessing he tried to text Futaba about wether or not Touma had returned to school,i'm sure there's a lot on Taichi's mind right now. I'm also curious about Touma and Masumi's interaction on the roof,because it looks like she gained some confidence from Touma's outing and maybe she comes out now as well. Although it ain't easy that's for sure.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
That actually had me confused because going by what Touma remembered and Taichi's own reaction/behaviour since the confession i have to say i thought he was simply "tolerating" it so far. Or,like,considering to try and stay friends despite what happened and hence took some time off,really hoping Futaba meant that Taichi is thinking of him not as a potential lover but more like/still like his best friend. It's like Futaba said,she can't give Taichi what his best buddy could while his best buddy cannot give him what his girlfriend can. Or in this case,he can but should not because they prefer friendship haha.

Guessing he tried to text Futaba about wether or not Touma had returned to school,i'm sure there's a lot on Taichi's mind right now. I'm also curious about Touma and Masumi's interaction on the roof,because it looks like she gained some confidence from Touma's outing and maybe she comes out now as well. Although it ain't easy that's for sure.
This is why I would like some progress between Masumi and Futaba; they're kinda like a parellel with the Touma/Taichi situation but both of the girls have a different way to view and deal with things.
So far Taichi never showed hints of having a different orientation like Touma or Masumi did, I even went to re-read some chapters to see if there was a foreshadow xD. Maybe Futaba is very confused, about the whole "maybe Taichi will like Touma romantically too" since like she said, she's very very insecure about herself.

I think this while confilct of Taichi about Touma's confession deals more with how Taichi had a contradiction about if Touma was his best friend or not. To him, he was a guy who got distant and had everything, that Touma kept calling each other "best friends" even if Taichi didn't look at it that way anymore; and now everything is different because suddenly he not only sees him as a best friend but as his loved one too.
Taichi always had the conflict on how to feel about Touma's being in general, so everything is just too awkward now. I just hope this doesn't lead to him to start to dislike/hate Touma or breaking up with Futaba, but Taichi is going to a crisis soon, I hope Masumi gives him a good talk since she always helps him a lot.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
This is why I would like some progress between Masumi and Futaba; they're kinda like a parellel with the Touma/Taichi situation but both of the girls have a different way to view and deal with things.
So far Taichi never showed hints of having a different orientation like Touma or Masumi did, I even went to re-read some chapters to see if there was a foreshadow xD. Maybe Futaba is very confused, about the whole "maybe Taichi will like Touma romantically too" since like she said, she's very very insecure about herself.
It is possible that she felt threatened in her "territory" in a way after learning of Touma's Confession and his true feelings,even moreso when finally being face to face with Touma i think. And i like that she said just how much she really is bothered by that,especially to Touma. I felt like Touma himself might have realized that what he has done may perhaps not be "bad" at first glance but rather that it created an unfortunate situation and while it's true that he has confessed and now has clearance on his feelings he still had forgotten how Futaba might feel about it. I gotta say this exchange between Touma and Futaba has been really interesting just for these back and forths between them. It almost felt like always when we saw them reunite with Mami,Kensuke and the others in the hallway. Touma was even able to have a carefree laugh. It really was a bad timing for Taichi to fall ill.😅

I think this while confilct of Taichi about Touma's confession deals more with how Taichi had a contradiction about if Touma was his best friend or not. To him, he was a guy who got distant and had everything, that Touma kept calling each other "best friends" even if Taichi didn't look at it that way anymore; and now everything is different because suddenly he not only sees him as a best friend but as his loved one too.
Taichi always had the conflict on how to feel about Touma's being in general, so everything is just too awkward now. I just hope this doesn't lead to him to start to dislike/hate Touma or breaking up with Futaba, but Taichi is going to a crisis soon, I hope Masumi gives him a good talk since she always helps him a lot.
Good point,especially since he is unaware of the happenings at school and with Touma lately. He seems to care,after all he did attempt to text Futaba about him,but i think it is more of him caring about his friend kinda thing. At least for now,i guess when Futaba says that Taichi is really concerned and considerate of Touma's feelings it is him wrecking his head over what he can do so that not another big gap of emotional and social "distance" grows between them. We remember that Taichi was really happy to hang and reconnect with Touma again after all the time they were apart,we also know how sad Taichi was that he brought Touma into the hospital. There's a lot of things weighing on his mind right now,i can't exactly relate to it all as this situation is entirely new/unknown to me in social/school life but i can only imagine how hard it must be to think about it for Taichi or Futaba.😩

Also haha,you're not the only one,i've been ReReading a few chapters myself to try and remember a few instances that get picked up in the new chapters while also looking for some nice panels. Because i wanna make a Taichi(Maybe with a Mami signature)-Set. :nerd
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@revo There's some really decent Fanart for Ao no Flag out there i noticed,found 2 good pieces for my Set Idea!:verily
And check the Volume covers:

They also got pretty nice designs and color schemes! :verily
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
It's weird to find Ao no Flag fanarts but nice to see more readers :blush

 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
It's weird to find Ao no Flag fanarts but nice to see more readers :blush

Yeah i noticed that there is a big lack of Fanarts for the Manga,although here and there you'll find some very decent colored panels from the Manga,sadly not many of that either. 😅
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@revo ,so i recently caught up to the current Nanatsu no Taizai Chapters and i gotta say i did not think the Sins would have to battle the Demon King twice(in technically the same way) nor that Merlin would have a hand in Arthur turning into the final(maybe? lol.) Villain as a King of Chaos. What did you think about that?

And,what did you think about Merlin and Escanors special farewell?
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
@revo ,so i recently caught up to the current Nanatsu no Taizai Chapters and i gotta say i did not think the Sins would have to battle the Demon King twice(in technically the same way) nor that Merlin would have a hand in Arthur turning into the final(maybe? lol.) Villain as a King of Chaos. What did you think about that?
Oh boy, this whole arc...

Did you like that second battle? I thought it was kinda boring, considering what you said, that it was basically the same way. Even now I still don't understand what was Nakaba's point, since these new chapters didn't bring nothing new and didn't answer any of the plot holes of the first battle. :sweat
I enjoyed Zeldris's and Gelda's screentime though, was a nice touch and their dynamic is actually better than most couples in the manga to me (?). (Just wish Nakaba gave Zeldris and Gelda more screentime and sooner in the manga).

This whole Merlin and Arthur thing comes random to me, like very very random and out of nothing but I admit there were foreshadows before, maybe Nakaba can give good answers to this whole Merlin "evil plan" plot in her gaiden (and I actually disliked Escanor's a lot). I'm also the type of fan who just wants to see the Supreme Deity already. :XD

And,what did you think about Merlin and Escanors special farewell?
Well, they were always my least favorite couple honestly, but the farewell between them was actually one of the things I liked the most in the latest chapters. I was ready to see Nakaba making Merlin fall in love with Escanor all of sudden but he surprised me this time, that kiss she gave was a bit of friend-zone but it had a nice meaning (
), I like that she still keeps her scars too.

I think you liked Escanor/Merlin, right? What did you think of that whole chapter?
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Oh boy, this whole arc...

Did you like that second battle? I thought it was kinda boring, considering what you said, that it was basically the same way. Even now I still don't understand what was Nakaba's point, since these new chapters didn't bring nothing new and didn't answer any of the plot holes of the first battle. :sweat
I enjoyed Zeldris's and Gelda's screentime though, was a nice touch and their dynamic is actually better than most couples in the manga to me (?). (Just wish Nakaba gave Zeldris and Gelda more screentime and sooner in the manga).
I know right? It was basically Sins vs DK Meliodas all over again just with the Demon King going even crazier about his incoming loss against them this time around. 😂 I honestly liked the first battle more even though it did leave,as you said,some plot holes open but i did also like Zel and Gelda's panel time together. They're a cute couple i won't lie,i'll never get over the height difference between Mel/Zel and Eli/Gelda,but if they had gotten more relevance and panel time they could've been even better. I also sort of missed that despite saving Zeldris and erasing the Demon King, Meliodas still didn't go and have that good "heart to heart" talk that he promised him after the battle. I mean that could've been nice for what it's worth right?.:grumble

This whole Merlin and Arthur thing comes random to me, like very very random and out of nothing but I admit there were foreshadows before, maybe Nakaba can give good answers to this whole Merlin "evil plan" plot in her gaiden (and I actually disliked Escanor's a lot). I'm also the type of fan who just wants to see the Supreme Deity already. :XD
Yeah i agree,we could guess that Arthur would come back to Life but we couldn't guess how and now that we know how it sort of feels disappointing to me. I mean he got revived so he gets 1 out of 3 possible treatments here which would be:
1. He takes on the Sins in a heavy battle and loses,ultimately dies/gets killed.
2. He gets defeated but cannot get freed of these King of Chaos-Powers and has to be sealed away by Meliodas/Elizabeth/Merlin(?).
3. Another Sins vs DK Fight all over again,they battle,invade his mind and free him,beat the real body up and save Arthur somehow.
At least that's how i see it coming here.

And agreed,i didn't like Escanor's Gaiden that much either besides the Rosa parts at least,it sort of made his win over Meliodas in Assault Form meaningless even though Zel sort of told us that basically nobody can beat Meliodas at his best. Still though,bummer. I wish we got to see the Supreme Deity too,but i'm also curious who the "Princess" is that Merlin was speaking to before transforming Arthur.

Well, they were always my least favorite couple honestly, but the farewell between them was actually one of the things I liked the most in the latest chapters. I was ready to see Nakaba making Merlin fall in love with Escanor all of sudden but he surprised me this time, that kiss she gave was a bit of friend-zone but it had a nice meaning (
), I like that she still keeps her scars too.

I think you liked Escanor/Merlin, right? What did you think of that whole chapter?
Merlin is one of my Top 3 Sins actually while Escanor was one of my most disliked Characters in NnT :p,i mean,the guy slaugthered anyone he went up against besides the Sinner basically. I thought he was gonna make it till the Manga was over since he had lost his powers and was death sentenced basically but Mael had to give him the Grace again didn't he? smh.
Their Ship was one of my favorites for awhile because i was curious if and how they would end up together actually,but when i saw that Escanor would only be able to confess when he was at Death's door that was sort of a heartbreaker for me haha. It was a nice and sweet farewell for them and i like the gesture of Merlin keeping the scars from the kiss as well but sad for Escanor that she did never really return the same feelings to him. The overall chapter was okay for me but only,if nothing else,for this moment between the 2 of them. I was surprised Merlin would actually go and do it to be honest with you xD.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@revo New Blue Flag Chapter on Mangaplus!
 
Last edited:
Top