- Joined
- Sep 5, 2018
- Messages
- 65
- Reaction score
- 67
- Age
- 41
- Country
-
Week 2 for KNY 17 will definitely take a hit. Maybe they printed only 500k for it based on 16 and didn't expect the stocks to sell so well....

I keep forgetting how young most of Jump's authors are.
Fujimoto just turned 27, which means he debuted with Fire Punch at 23. He released his first one shot in Jump SQ 10 years ago.
I want One Piece to be #1 till the series endsThe longer One Piece goes, the higher chance for it to be dethrone (especially on 3 volumes/year), it's just a matter of who will do it first, because no one will care about the 2nd guy![]()

Damn, what Manga is that at the bottom with 0 sales? LmaoI fail to see why One Piece's sales would suddenly shoot up a good two months after Stampede came out purely on some twitter trends caused by pirated chapters.
That's...tricky to say, honestly.
For reference, here's a sheet of all Jump series Vol 1 sales from Tokyo Wonder Boys to I'm From Japan by the first month:
![]()
Its possible. if the readers aren't digging it it'll slowly fade off. Robot x Laserbeam got cancelled relatively quick. But its got a different vibe than the other series. Different setting, and great visuals. If anything, they'll keep it cause it adds flavor to the magazine reading experience.While the argument can be made of giving it more time, just as decent a chance IMO is that the series is axed in a kneejerk response from editorial over not giving them the results they wanted.
I am sure shueisha gonna redirect all they capacity to keep up with kny demand.Shoseki Oct 9th shows Kimetsu is out of stock. so it will have bad sales this week. Will the stores be refilled next week?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
To be honest, there are to many cushions for s8 right now maybe jump greenlight soon-to-be axed manga just to protect s8So, honest question, with everything taken into consideration, do you think Jump will cancel Samurai 8?
.
I think Miitami is out of the question as it seems to become the new Isobe2. Does anything come along in any batches that actually out sells it cuz it’s doing better than all the 2019 series outside of CSM and Yozukara (can’t say anything about Mitama). So if the next batch is extremely successful then maybe it could be canceled for the following batch.
aren't the other 3 series it was added with and Yui doing worse than it? Why would they ax it first or ax 5 series within 4 months when they also have TPN, WNL and potentially Demon Slayer and Yuuna about to end?You realize I didn't literally mean Jump axing it right now, right? I meant in the next four months or so.
Nice. Really liked this quote:New Interview, Jigokuraku Time.
![]()
MANGA Plus|Interviewing editors
“The Edo-period ninja adventure, Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku (hereinafter referred to as “Jigokuraku”), debuted in January 2018 on Jump Plus, the free to read manga application and website. The series has come to fame with its delicate yet powerful imagery, an enchanting setting, and an...jumpg-webfront.tokyo-cdn.com
I don't think Samurai 8 will be cancelled soon but Jump could and probably will give him the same treatment as a failing rookie, if by that you imply it will cancel it if it doesn't grow in sales.Wow so people really think jump will give kishimoto their Godfather the same treatment they give to a failing rookie
by failing rookie you mean Tadatoshi Fujimaki? bro he made kuroko basketball which was super popular.Wow so people really think jump will give kishimoto their Godfather the same treatment they give to a failing rookie
Answer no, and definitely no. I highly doubt they would have an author as famous as Shimabukuro take part in the event unless he were advertised on the front as being part of it. The romcom festival made a deal of saying Nisio Isin, Tsukuda and Tosh would be in it, but not any of the obscure/no-name authors that made up the rest of the roster (why weren't Mizuki, Yabuki and Komi part of that event, I wonder? The segments were only 4 pages long, so I doubt it would've taken them very long...)BTW any info on the Jump gag festival? Is Shimabu apart of it? He needs to make a return asap with BUILD KING. I want to see a architecture battle manga dammit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think they will if it will be volume vs volume in four weeksThe longer One Piece goes, the higher chance for it to be dethrone (especially on 3 volumes/year), it's just a matter of who will do it first, because no one will care about the 2nd guy![]()