In fact, its not a chapter gaiden. Its a spin-off serie will start. Boichi will draw 2 serie in same magazine. Title will be Dr Stone Reboot : Byakuya. This spin-off will talk about another story of Byakuya Ishigami.
shonenjump is milking the F outta boichi. but he already did his own manga origin while doing drstone. so jump knows hes an fast manchine. im pretty worried for boichi doing the story... cuz you know,,, hes not the writer of drstone. im still excited imo !
Reboot is an easy cover-up of the 20th spot. But I also feel that means one of the 3 things.
1) They want to axe Kamio Yui+ infamous trio, so that would make them debut just 4 series instead of looking out for more than that
2) They aren't content with now the recent names/scripts came in
3) Editorial simply wants to push Dr. Stone, which still doesn't make any sense to me. They could have done a Yaiba Gaiden serialization with Boze mangaka, yet they didn't.
Or run the MHA new spinoff in main Jump. My guess is that being Boichi the same author, things are easier. Still, the pushing increasing sensation is there. BTW it sounds like I hate the series, but I like it. Only that the push is too annoying.
PD: I hope Miitama gets real good. Give me a reason to think you deserve the place that David had ;_;
Maybe Boichi just really wanted to do a spin-off. He certainly has the ability to make 2 weekly manga at once and seems to enjoy it judging by his author comments. Plus WSJ might as well give him a slot to do it since they've certainly got free space for it.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is something Boichi's wanted to do for a while.
Maybe Boichi just really wanted to do a spin-off. He certainly has the ability to make 2 weekly manga at once and seems to enjoy it judging by his author comments. Plus WSJ might as well give him a slot to do it since they've certainly got free space for it.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is something Boichi's wanted to do for a while.
I honestly think this is the case. If its published in the same magazine than yeah its all Boichi. These spin-offs tend to go to sister magazines in order to increase sales but given Dr. Stone's current status it would push sales the same way Team-Up Missions is doing.
Interestingly, this will be the first serialization Boichi is the writer. Also, Senkuu and Byakuya being in the spread covers will be fun.
PS: I like Dr.Stone (and I enjoy it a lot); what I don't like is the mega push it receives which I find underserving seeing its sales and how other titles don't get a similar treatment. But this isn't Dr.Stone fault, it is Nakano's fault.
Regarding Nakano, I want to see how he's going to deal with Jump situation after 2019 has been a pretty meh year. Neverland is going to leave an important hole since is right now the 3rd most sold Jump manga, and what some of you said last pages that right now almost the half of current roster is full of flops that are surviving because there are too many slots.
Regarding Nakano, I want to see how he's going to deal with Jump situation after 2019 has been a pretty meh year. Neverland is going to leave an important hole since is right now the 3rd most sold Jump manga, and what some of you said last pages that right now almost the half of current roster is full of flops that are surviving because there are too many slots.
What about KNY ending? There isn't much left to do in the story and it could easily end before chapter 200. If both, KNY and TPN, end next year they will leave a huge hole to fill.
What about KNY ending? There isn't much left to do in the story and it could easily end before chapter 200. If both, KNY and TPN, end next year they will leave a huge hole to fill.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gotouge decides to extend the story because of the post-anime popularity. At all. If I were Shueisha, I would do anything to keep Kimetsu ongoing.
My bet on Jump sales in 2020 is going to be this: 1. One Piece, 2. MHA, 3. Haikyuu, 4. Kimetsu and 5. Neverland:
-Kimetsu and above all, Neverland, are going to suffer for what Shengao has said.
-Both MHA and Haikyuu are back in full motion with anime, ovas, and movies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gotouge decides to extend the story because of the post-anime popularity. At all. If I were Shueisha, I would do anything to keep Kimetsu ongoing.
I imagine the backlash would be immense if they introduce a new mastermind who was behind every action of Muzan. Similar to the whole Kaguya fiasco in Naruto.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gotouge decides to extend the story because of the post-anime popularity. At all. If I were Shueisha, I would do anything to keep Kimetsu ongoing.
Kuroko's Basketball still ended on schedule despite the post-anime popularity being as big as it was. Its usually the author's decision whether he or she wants to end it especially when there's not much material beyond what they plan in most cases where an author is asked to continue beyond what they had you end up with messes lie Bleach, Gintama, Naruto, etc that go on way pass the expiration date.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gotouge decides to extend the story because of the post-anime popularity. At all. If I were Shueisha, I would do anything to keep Kimetsu ongoing.
It is true that there is how the author continues kimetsu no yaiba without seeming forced.
But it's because I like the manga so much that I want it to have a good ending, just like hinomaru zumou.
And don't have the same fate as bleach and souma
Again: is it even confirmed that the Dr. Stone spin-off will stay in Weekly Jump or will it just be the first chapter being published in Weekly Jump and then continued somewhere else like One Piece Academy and MHA Team Up Missions?
Speaking of Kimetsu, how has the "final arc" being going? As in how much is there left of the story, I'm already spoiled with Shinobu's, Tokito's and Genya's deaths, like seriously this looks like Akame ga Kill levels of massacre lmao, so I was wondering how close it is to actually ending
Their animation department made 20.292 billion yen overall. 6.5 billion yen was made in Japan while 13.7 billion yen was from overseas business. Black Clover was their fourth most profitable anime during that fiscal year. Right behind Naruto, Boruto and Pokemon but ahead of Yu gi oh in ranking.
Thanks for posting this. I was too lazy to google. This list basically proves how unremarkable BC's sales is.
Bleach's anime has had consistently low ratings for half of its run, sales of about 1.5k - 2k in DVD + BD combined and still lists consistently in these lists TV TOKYO puts out years after the anime ended.
It really just shows that TV Tokyo has no major franchise in its wings aside from Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto.
In the fiscal report, they specifically pointed out how overseas distribution was the biggest factor for their success. Black Clover is pretty popular in Crunchyroll and Chinese streaming sites like Iqiyi and Youku so it wouldn't be unreasonable to say it played a major role for the overseas revenue.
Again, you're doing the same thing people are doing here with the manga industry and digital market. Equating the overall value and applying it for a single product.
Naruto, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh are extremely popular outside of Japan. This shouldn't even be stated at this point. It's pretty much a given that TV Tokyo's revenue from overseas is from these three franchises. Equating their popularity and applying that to BC is such a poor misdirection of information.
I did like how you start off by quoting their article and then use that as a way to say BC is popular on Crunchyroll without provide anything to back that up as their article does not even mention it. Nice try, I guess.
Domestic market shows little change // The Association of Japanese Animations (AJA) published an English-language summary of its "Anime Industry Report 2017"...
www.animenewsnetwork.com
Meanwhile, the overseas market has grown 171.9% since 2013 to reach a record high in 2016, rising from 282.3 billion yen (about US$2.631 billion) in 2013 to 767.6 billion yen (about US$7.154 billion) in 2016.
However, the report noted that "the industry felt little benefit though the growth" because it was mostly attributable to the overseas market.
The anime market value as a whole was worth $17.5 billion in 2016. $7 billion dollars is a huge chunk of money for a market that's growing at a remarkable speed each year.
Literally says that "the report noted that "the industry felt little benefit though the growth" because it was mostly attributable to the overseas market. While Japan does feel benefit from the overseas market growth, that benefit is not as direct, and is less than the benefit felt from domestic market growth, since most overseas sales go to licensing management companies. "
If you're gonna quote an article, use the whole paragraph so that the entire context is understood. It's clearly stated that the Japanese industry does not feel majority of this growth oversees since the sales goes to licensing management companies.
So from the $7 billion revenue of overseas market, a fraction of that goes to Japanese industry. Meaning when a company decides on whether or not they cancel something, the oversea revenue would be a very low factor on their list. Japanese industry relies on the Japanese market. And like my initial comment said, it'll take a solid decade for that to change.
Kuroko's Basketball still ended on schedule despite the post-anime popularity being as big as it was. Its usually the author's decision whether he or she wants to end it especially when there's not much material beyond what they plan in most cases where an author is asked to continue beyond what they had you end up with messes lie Bleach, Gintama, Naruto, etc that go on way pass the expiration date.
I did like how you start off by quoting their article and then use that as a way to say BC is popular on Crunchyroll without provide anything to back that up as their article does not even mention it. Nice try, I guess.
"The monster is less scary than it looks".
It is true that there will be a big hole when TPN and kimetsu no yaiba finish, but series such as chainsaw man, Act age and jujutsu kaisen were more prominent.
And it will also have a bigger highlight for the new series.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.