Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Dr Stone will have 2 chapters in 48 (1 normal + gaiden). 外伝同時連載
In fact, its not a chapter gaiden. Its a spin-off serie will start. Boichi will draw 2 serie in same magazine. Title will be Dr Stone Reboot : Byakuya. This spin-off will talk about another story of Byakuya Ishigami.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,971
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
In fact, its not a chapter gaiden. Its a spin-off serie will start. Boichi will draw 2 serie in same magazine. Title will be Dr Stone Reboot : Byakuya. This spin-off will talk about another story of Byakuya Ishigami.
I wonder if this ( and not starting new round for so long) means Jump has shortage of new talents suited for serialization
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
In fact, its not a chapter gaiden. Its a spin-off serie will start. Boichi will draw 2 serie in same magazine. Title will be Dr Stone Reboot : Byakuya. This spin-off will talk about another story of Byakuya Ishigami.
Everyone else taking breaks and this man just doubling his workload like it's nothing. What a flex.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
As I expected for Yozakura back then, Week 2 being just above the infamous 5. Sad, but expected. At least it is also above Yuuna....for now
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So! Tokyo Grind Horror Channel, the new one-shot being run in #48, is by Tadaichi Nakama. Nakama is the author of a one-shot from the 2017 Golden Future Cup, Mahou Shonen X:



Since he's getting another one-shot in the magazine even though he didn't win, WSJ must enjoy working with him enough that they're considering developing a weekly series with him. I wonder if Tokyo Grind Horror Channel is a contender for full series treatment, or if this is truly just a one-off but that we might see Nakama helming a new full series sometime next year.

Also, NO CANCELLATIONS NEXT WEEK! This would make me confident that the next batch is starting in November, but the Dr. Stone spinoff being a whole ass series is such a curveball that I don't know what to think. Next month is already looking pretty interesting!

Edit: Turns out there could still be an axe next week, my bad. Meaning we may very well be at the beginning of the next batch. Exciting!
 
Last edited:

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Also, NO CANCELLATIONS NEXT WEEK! This would make me confident that the next batch is starting in November, but the Dr. Stone spinoff being a whole ass series is such a curveball that I don't know what to think. Next month is already looking pretty interesting!
What do you mean? Jump isn't going to announce axes for newbies a week in advance. They could freely end something and start a newbie in #49.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,431
Reaction score
39,280
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
In fact, its not a chapter gaiden. Its a spin-off serie will start. Boichi will draw 2 serie in same magazine. Title will be Dr Stone Reboot : Byakuya. This spin-off will talk about another story of Byakuya Ishigami.
This will be an actual serialization or just a short thing?
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What do you mean? Jump isn't going to announce axes for newbies a week in advance.
Oh sorry, really? I was told on the WSJ Discord the other week that if a series is getting its last chapter in the next issue, it's mentioned in the TOC. I was under the impression that's how we knew The Last Saiyuki was ending a week in advance. Was I misinformed about that? Apologies if so.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,549
Reaction score
11,289
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Well, tell me another currrent Jump (not One Piece) manga that gets a special chapter for no reason.

Is unfair that treatment to Dr.Stone while Jujutsu and Act-age don't exist for Nakano. Heck, I don't remember Haikyuu, Black Clover or Neverland with a gaiden chapter. I only remember Kimetsu when anime was announced, but Dr.Stone has nothing special happening so.
I don't understand your rant, it seems normal to me that Jump pushes Stone, this then is a normal push for a manga that has an ongoing anime and is almost always high in the polls.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Oh sorry, really? I was told on the WSJ Discord the other week that if a series is getting its last chapter in the next issue, it's mentioned in the TOC. I was under the impression that's how we knew The Last Saiyuki was ending a week in advance. Was I misinformed about that? Apologies if so.
I don't think that ever happened before, we only knew about ne0lation/David etc. the issue they ended it. We also knew about Saiyuki only because of the Mangaplus IDs. No worries.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I don't understand your rant, it seems normal to me that Jump pushes Stone, this then is a normal push for a manga that has an ongoing anime and is almost always high in the polls.
Black Clover hasn't had that push. Or Kimetsu during this Spring-Summer (it still got that special Tomioka chapter to celebrate anime airing).

Things are more understandable seeing how there is going to be a second Dr.Stone manga serialization (I have my thoughts about that but meh)
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Double Dr. Stone serialization is an interesting move I didn't expect at all though. Guess it's a nice way to fill up an empty spot, but I will be surprised if this is more than a miniseries.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Oh sorry, really? I was told on the WSJ Discord the other week that if a series is getting its last chapter in the next issue, it's mentioned in the TOC. I was under the impression that's how we knew The Last Saiyuki was ending a week in advance. Was I misinformed about that? Apologies if so.
I think what they announce is new series starting, not things ending. It just so happens that things get axed at around the same time new stuff starts.

As far as I know we usually only know that 'something' will be axed in the near future, not exactly what.


I'm not sure if the Dr. Stone spin-off will start a new batch.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I have to agree that Dr. Stone is really pushed by the editorial. And it amazes me that outside of here, I don't see much people talking about it when in the past many talked about Toriko.. or Black Clover which was pushed for about a year.
 

Radagast92

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
117
Reaction score
269
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I don't understand your rant, it seems normal to me that Jump pushes Stone, this then is a normal push for a manga that has an ongoing anime and is almost always high in the polls.
Please do not copy other statements from and to other places in the internet.

Anyway, I think that the new batch can start from #49, that's why MangaPlus only renewed 3 IDs and not 5.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,549
Reaction score
11,289
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Black Clover hasn't had that push. Or Kimetsu during this Spring-Summer (it still got that special Tomioka chapter to celebrate anime airing).
But even if it were, what trouble would you be sorry for?

Also forget that Stone is also made by two famous authors, so it seems obvious to me that he have more space than other titles.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,431
Reaction score
39,280
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dr Stone getting a actual spinoff serialization in the same magazine and from the same authors its what you can definitive call "being pushed", all the other mangas get their spinoffs in the other magazines but seems like Dr Stone is a special case for the editors

Edit: i dont see any problem, i like the idea but this is "editorial pushing" at its finest
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top