- Joined
- Apr 4, 2019
- Messages
- 1,007
- Reaction score
- 5,867
- Age
- 25
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Feels very Dragon Ball
Kimetsu volumes 1-16 got urgent reprints delivered yesterday and volume 17 getting reprint on the 23rd I believe. This is going to get even crazier.It is the 3rd day now on Shoseki, Kimetsu is still beating One Piece daily, what?? Now the gap is even larger!
3 9784088820804 鬼滅の刃 17 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2019.10.4
9 9784088820545 ONE PIECE 94 集英社 尾田栄一郎 2019.10.4
Yeah, but Kimetsu is starting its second run now that the volumes are available again.I'm somehow lost. One Piece is leading and set to win, isn't it?
Doesn't have much options to keep his sweet sweet Jump salary flowing.Speaking of Dragon Ball, Toriyama has seen every corner of Jump, hasn't he? Some of these publications I had never heard of.
![]()
Exploring the Name Pun Sources: The Galactic Patrol - Kanzenshuu
Kanzenshuu briefly explores the history of the Galactic Patrol in the expanded Dragon Ball universe and breaks down all the various character name punswww.kanzenshuu.com
I would say so but its going to depend on how Kimetsu's backlog does in November.I'm somehow lost. One Piece is leading and set to win, isn't it?
I don't think he really needs the money anymore, considering he is apparently the second richest mangaka in history.Doesn't have much options to keep his sweet sweet Jump salary flowing.
For now, yes, it's leading. There's still a whole month of sales to go, though. For that matter, it seems OP volume 94 might take a little longer to reach that 2 million figure (like volume 92 did) while KNY's reprints are hitting stores so its sales will probably pick up or stay stable after a while.I'm somehow lost. One Piece is leading and set to win, isn't it?
Jump has been paying him 6+ figures every year since the end of Dragon Ball for the sole purpose of making sure he doesn't go anywhere.I don't think he really needs the money anymore, considering he is apparently the second richest mangaka in history.
Also I'm pretty sure every shonen magazine in Japan would be happy to have him.
Maybe many people are reading the last chapter again since chapter 39 will be out in like 2 days, and like i said before, this last chapter was a giant turning point in the series, so people are super hyped.Ok, WHAT is going on with Boruto on M+?
I get that the series has a dedicated fanbase (just look at those comments), but 30 000 hits/day for a chapter that's close to a month old isn't normal. Did someone pull a prank and tell them the new chapter was out already? Or have a bunch of people collectively decided to spam the site in order to get the series up in the rankings?
I think someone is running a bot to give it more clicks to help it surpass the other manga in the ranking.Ok, WHAT is going on with Boruto on M+?
I get that the series has a dedicated fanbase (just look at those comments), but 30 000 hits/day for a chapter that's close to a month old isn't normal. Did someone pull a prank and tell them the new chapter was out already? Or have a bunch of people collectively decided to spam the site in order to get the series up in the rankings?
Maybe, but that number is still huge.Maybe many people are reading the last chapter again since chapter 39 will be out in like 2 days, and like i said before, this last chapter was a giant turning point in the series, so people are super hyped.
In that case, the bot is sleeping now. The progress suddenly fell back to almost zero (which is what you'd expect this late in the month).I think someone is running a bot to give it more clicks to help it surpass the other manga in the ranking.
When does the reprints hit?Both of S8's volumes are below the top 200 on Shoseki daily, while KNY's volumes keep taking a nosedive since the reprints haven't hit yet. Actually, volume 7 and volume 8 (the ones that pick up the story right after the anime ends) are both really low, while most of the volumes are below the top 100 and only 5 volumes (not counting volume 17) remain within the top 100. OP is also above KNY today.
Shoseki Daily - 10/18
#4 One Piece 94
#5 Kimetsu no Yaiba 17
#16 The Promised Neverland 16
#29 Spy x Family 2
#43 Black Clover 22
#46 Shokugeki no Souma 36
#52 Jujutsu Kaisen 7
#57 Gotouge Koyoharu's Collection of Short Stories
#66 Boruto 9
#80 Chainsaw Man 4
#150 Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 18
#211 Samurai 8 1
#230 Samurai 8 2
#296 Hinomaruzumou 27
KNY's backlog
#52 Kimetsu no Yaiba 3
#64 Kimetsu no Yaiba 1
#65 Kimetsu no Yaiba 2
#75 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
#79 Kimetsu no Yaiba 5
#106 Kimetsu no Yaiba 13
#116 Kimetsu no Yaiba 12
#119 Kimetsu no Yaiba 6
#133 Kimetsu no Yaiba 16
#154 Kimetsu no Yaiba 11
#164 Kimetsu no Yaiba 14
#192 Kimetsu no Yaiba 15
#197 Kimetsu no Yaiba 10
#199 Kimetsu no Yaiba 9
#306 Kimetsu no Yaiba 8
#423 Kimetsu no Yaiba 7
Volume 17 is going out on the 23rd, while volumes 1-5 go out on the 30th and volumes 6-16 go out on the 31st.When does the reprints hit?
It would be done by the author in their prime (during said work), I assume? I'll say Slam Dunk given the dearth of sports series.Ok guys, imagine you can resurrect an old Jump classic into main roster. What would you pick? PD: Dragon Ball and JoJo are not eligible
For me, it would be Saint Seiya. Maybe Hokuto no Ken