- Joined
- May 8, 2019
- Messages
- 692
- Reaction score
- 874
- Country
-
And they're still in the shosheki top 100. At this rate Kimetsu is not just going to beat OP, it's gonna beat it by a long shot.
That's what a hype does.Who would have predicted by the start of 2019 that KNY will be the series that would challenge and potentially dethrone OP on the yearly charts? And it wasn't even in the Top 10 in the mid year charts... Plus it sold half of its lifetime sales within the last 6-7 months...
So, if the latest volume manages to touch 800k before it leaves the chart, it can definitely be considered a million seller.Oricon Rankings 21/10 -27/10
75733 1786973 One Piece #94
70718 *734380 Kimetsu no Yaiba #17
51630 *752846 Kimetsu no Yaiba #16
49743 *812303 Kimetsu no Yaiba #01
49206 *726440 Kimetsu no Yaiba #13
49019 *710346 Kimetsu no Yaiba #15
48096 *780490 Kimetsu no Yaiba #02
47843 *727734 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10
47791 *765299 Kimetsu no Yaiba #03
47763 *735489 Kimetsu no Yaiba #09
47662 *707487 Kimetsu no Yaiba #14
47513 *730017 Kimetsu no Yaiba #12
47505 *737510 Kimetsu no Yaiba #11
47423 *747607 Kimetsu no Yaiba #05
47254 *743109 Kimetsu no Yaiba #08
47086 *749283 Kimetsu no Yaiba #04
47078 *749915 Kimetsu no Yaiba #06
46702 *738965 Kimetsu no Yaiba #07
38184 *501419 The Promised Neverland #16
37396 *277622 SPY×FAMILY #02
23562 *326184 Kimetsu no Yaiba Fanbook
-
19378 *183426 Gotouge Koyoharu's Short Story Collection
18809 *373562 SPY×FAMILY #01
12549 *188808 Black Clover #22
12330 *174112 Jujutsu Kaisen #07
12096 *144768 Boruto #09
11023 *187143 Shokugeki no Soma #36
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
"a quality series"That's what a hype does.
Honestly, the shortages probably helped quite a bit. People love popular things and rare things, imagine somehow managing to combine the two.
December 4thWhen is Vol 18 coming out?
AA has one of the best arts in the magazine right now, especially when it comes to CPs. This is beautiful.ACT-AGE Lead Color Page
![]()
It should be a studio good at character acting, but I'm not very knowledgeable on this. Recently, 8-bit got my attention for character animation, though.Which studio do you think would suit Act Age anime? That should be a poll.
Next week KNY will sell probably sell around this same figure or it will be a bit under it. I don't think it will cross 800k next week, but in two weeks I'm sure it will.From baidu:
75733 1786973 O
70718 *734380 鬼
51630 *752846 鬼16
49743 *812303 鬼1
49206 *726440 鬼13
49019 *710346 鬼15
48096 *780490 鬼2
47843 *727734 鬼10
47791 *765299 鬼3
47763 *735489 鬼9
47662 *707487 鬼14
47513 *730017 鬼12
47505 *737510 鬼11
47423 *747607 鬼5
47254 *743109 鬼8
47086 *749283 鬼4
47078 *749915 鬼6
46702 *738965 鬼7
38184 *501419 約
37396 *277622 S
23562 *326184 鬼
-
19378 *183426 吾
18809 *373562 S1
12549 *188808 ブ
12330 *174112 呪
12096 *144768 B
11023 *187143 食
I'd say it's a 99% chance KNY will beat OP.Kimetsu is going to sell above latest kingdom volume.
Also the chances of kimetsu above one piece in the yearly sales is about sure now right?
Volume 18 comes out in December, along with MHA volume 25. At this point, KNY will beat MHA by a mile next month.So, if the latest volume manages to touch 800k before it leaves the chart, it can definitely be considered a million seller.
When is Vol 18 coming out? That's one volume we'd want to keep our eyes on as that would provide us with the more accurate number of what a volume can do in a month.
It should be stated that Kimetsu is this decade's biggest hit from WSJ after Assassination Classroom. Quite fucking remarkable.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
"a quality series"
+
"a series that can easily connect and cater to the mainstream audience"
+
"a well done anime adaptation"
+
"solid hype and management of said hype"
Its what all of the above can do together. It's never just one thing.
I was talking about the "sold half of its lifetime sales within the last 6-7 months.""a quality series"
+
"a series that can easily connect and cater to the mainstream audience"
+
"a well done anime adaptation"
+
"solid hype and management of said hype"
Its what all of the above can do together. It's never just one thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh come on, don't make language mistakes on the first page. That looks so bad. -.-"Mangaplus has picked up a new Jump+ series East, Into the Night.
MANGA Plus by SHUEISHA
mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp
Jeez, am I late to the party.... I know this will get probably get ignored, @Mammo but I really wanted to give my two cents on this. Horikoshi is doing a great job so far on the bolded. If he sticks the landing, then that's going to be his magnum opus within the series.I would argue it's one of wsj most progressive title
MHA have touched upon many controversial topics to a varying degrees such as, mental illness (twice), drugs (overhaul) domestic abuse (endeavor), children abuse (eri, shoto, shigy), prejudice against quirkless (deku) systemic flaws (stain), extreme libertarianism (redestro)
they even address a modern day issue like the dangers of internet clout chasing (gentle)
but the original question is "progressive in term of feminism" so i digressed....
Gee, I wonder how Jump's editors are handling all of this right now..... Here we have a potential OP slayer, and a twin pillar right alongside MHA, and yet they're facing the cold, hard reality of Kimetsu ending in 2 years max.So, if the latest volume manages to touch 800k before it leaves the chart, it can definitely be considered a million seller.
When is Vol 18 coming out? That's one volume we'd want to keep our eyes on as that would provide us with the more accurate number of what a volume can do in a month.
It should be stated that Kimetsu is this decade's biggest hit from WSJ after Assassination Classroom. Quite fucking remarkable.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
"a quality series"
+
"a series that can easily connect and cater to the mainstream audience"
+
"a well done anime adaptation"
+
"solid hype and management of said hype"
Its what all of the above can do together. It's never just one thing.

Just in the time that I really wanted a new series to debut. I have already read and it's quite interesting, about 80 colored pages. I wonder if it'll continue like that.. the other manga about hiking was completely colored as well.Mangaplus has picked up a new Jump+ series East, Into the Night.
MANGA Plus by SHUEISHA
mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp
Kimetsu isnt a potential OP slayer and never will be.Gee, I wonder how Jump's editors are handling all of this right now..... Here we have a potential OP slayer, and a twin pillar right alongside MHA, and yet they're facing the cold, hard reality of Kimetsu ending in 2 years max.
With how Nakano has long wanted another long-runner alongside MHA, this sure is....ironic, to say the least.
Nakano:
![]()

I'd vote for Shaft, even though they aren't really used to Jump adaptations, also, that's my favorite cover of 2019, easy pick.Which studio do you think would suit Act Age anime? That should be a poll.
Didnt a lot of them go to David Pro or was it only for Fire Force?I'd vote for Shaft, even though they aren't really used to Jump adaptations, also, that's my favorite cover of 2019, easy pick.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Same here.Boy that Act Age cover and color spread is sure gorgeous, so much I need to catch up with and so lil freaking time![]()
Yeah, Shaft went through an exodus of their staff. Right now, they only have one anime due next year and another one with no release date yet, but they have been heavily focused on making the Monogatari installments, they made a Fate that was released last year and they might have been working on 3-gatsu no Lion 3rd season. I don't think they would be able to assume production of another series.Didnt a lot of them go to David Pro or was it only for Fire Force?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Same here.
I agree about other titles going in deeper on issues they tackle, that's why I didn't say MHA is the only progressive manga or it's most progressive, I said "one of the most progressive "I thought about it and you made a great point, but I have to disagree.
In terms of sheer number of these so called "progressive issues" one piece has WAY more than BNHA. In fact any series that has the society/country/politics as a focus likely has a lot of these "progressive" topics. E.g. Rurouni.
For most progressive manga I would nominate HxH. I hardly need to explain why, it not only covers so much that is relevant in today's world, but also does it with far greater quality and depth than something like "quirk erasing drug! Okay drugs have been covered in BNHA. A trans woman is a villain and dies! Okay trans issues are covered in BNHA."
I liked itMangaplus has picked up a new Jump+ series East, Into the Night.
MANGA Plus by SHUEISHA
mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp
honestly, it's already pretty divisive, so i doubt the reception would change no matter how Horikoshi ends that subplot, people will hate it other will like itJeez, am I late to the party.... I know this will get probably get ignored, @Mammo but I really wanted to give my two cents on this. Horikoshi is doing a great job so far on the bolded. If he sticks the landing, then that's going to be his magnum opus within the series.
>accepting mediocrityShueisha is so patient with these and I have no idea why lol