Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How many manga are currently serializing on Jump+ right now and out of those, which ones are likely to survive the axe? It seems like there's a lot of stuff already on the website, but yet like a good 80% of it is axe fodder.



Yikes, Heart Gear's gonna have to rely on France to potentially save it again.
From what I can remember, more than 100 that are currently serialized in different schedules so weekly, biweekly, monthly..
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
God, this shit is so hilariously dumb and cute. Why did I drop this.
Probably the reason 99% of everyone else who gave it a shot did; the crazy drama and borderline incoherent plot twists. The only reason I didn't drop it at the time was that I thought it was such a train-wreck that I couldn't look away. I figured it'd be over around chapter 14 at the latest, but then the series magically turned amazing once the author started the tournament arc and introduced the rest of the Tendo era kids. Too bad it seems to have happened too late to make a difference.

Honestly, I would've liked to see the author explore the childhood friend's background from her perspective since she's had to grow up with 2 friends in one, and while both of them seem to be interested in her romantically, they're still the same person physically. That must've been a pretty interesting dynamic growing up. Although Tai is still pretty under-developed since he's had to maintain the whole "unreachable perfect person" image in order for Sei to grow in the tournament arc, but it could've been pretty interesting to watch Tai try to loosen up a little and hang out with Sei's nighttime friends.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Probably the reason 99% of everyone else who gave it a shot did; the crazy drama and borderline incoherent plot twists. The only reason I didn't drop it at the time was that I thought it was such a train-wreck that I couldn't look away. I figured it'd be over around chapter 14 at the latest, but then the series magically turned amazing once the author started the tournament arc and introduced the rest of the Tendo era kids. Too bad it seems to have happened too late to make a difference.

Honestly, I would've liked to see the author explore the childhood friend's background from her perspective since she's had to grow up with 2 friends in one, and while both of them seem to be interested in her romantically, they're still the same person physically. That must've been a pretty interesting dynamic growing up. Although Tai is still pretty under-developed since he's had to maintain the whole "unreachable perfect person" image in order for Sei to grow in the tournament arc, but it could've been pretty interesting to watch Tai try to loosen up a little and hang out with Sei's nighttime friends.
Massive shame what happened in case of Taisei. It had a fantastic concept for a SoL/rom-com mix manga plus the mangaka is clearly doing the best while writing those parts.

Chapters 2-5 were unnecessary in my opinion.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Massive shame what happened in case of Taisei. It had a fantastic concept for a SoL/rom-com mix manga plus the mangaka is clearly doing the best while writing those parts.

Chapters 2-5 were unnecessary in my opinion.
I agree. The whole sudden, unnecessary plot twist just to be reversed by an even more sudden plot twist several chapters later was completely unneeded and definitely turned off a whole bunch of readers.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
MangaPlus knows we were watching IDs. Now every manga has just 1 ID lol.

RIP. Though this confirms to me that the axe round is starting either next week or in two, otherwise they would not do this.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Taisei seems to be nearing its end, the final match of the pro finals started.
Beast Children and TSS could pretty much end next week if needed to be.

Yui suddenly paced itself to the "final boss" in just 1 chapter. Wonder how that will go.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
MangaPlus knows we were watching IDs. Now every manga has just 1 ID lol.

RIP. Though this confirms to me that the axe round is starting either next week or in two, otherwise they would not do this.
Not only that. Uploading order has also been modified.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Not only that. Uploading order has also been modified.
Yozakura-Mitama (these two are the only outliers in the reverse order) then goes TSS-BChildren-Taisei-S8-Yui-Chainsaw-Jujutsu-Act-Age-Stone-WNL-Kimetsu which is an exact reverse order of how they started.

No idea what is going on here lol.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Yozakura-Mitama then goes TSS-BChildren-Taisei-S8-Yui-Chainsaw-Jujutsu-Act-Age-Stone-WNL-Kimetsu which is an exact reverse order of how they started.

No idea what is going on here lol.
It's not reversed. That's only for the bottom. Jujutsu Kaisen f.e. is in a different position now. The correlation they have is the amount of chapters, but still not even that since there's no IDs for Haikyu!! or Neverland, which have been saved in previous round, and they don't fit between One Piece and Black Clover.

Also, ID 1005642 is missing, that should have been for this week's Black Clover chapter. ID 1005821 is also empty.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Mitama went dark/sad at the end, the whole chapter besides the beginning didn't feel like a gag manga. Which I may like actually.
A creative Yozakura chapter, decent but nothing really special.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm happy.
-Yozakura Family: chapter regarding my favorite character aka the gamer girl
-Double Taisei: Haga doing it again the madman.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'd say the best series this week has been for me Jujutsu Kaisen
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Dang, Double Taisei just barreled towards its conclusion. Can't wait to see more Haga next chapter though. Act-Age and Mitama both had really good chapters too, although I'm not sure how next week's Mitama will be. Hopefully the flashback will either only be for part of the chapter or it won't rely on the usual "Mitama's crying until he gets superpowers" gag that usually doesn't work for me.I'd say those series were my top 3 for the week.

Yozakura's chapter was pretty good this week, as were We Never Learn and Yuuna. I'm never really a huge fan of the fight chapters for Chainsawman, but I will say that the design for bomb was superb. This fight might actually be pretty interesting. Yui Kamio also barreled towards its conclusion as well. After this development, I think it's definitely going to end in the next cancellation round.

Honestly, I'm thinking there'll be a 4-5 new series serialization round that starts in Issue 1 with Yui, DT, BC, and TSS all ending, with them optionally giving another series a slot that the Dr. Stone spin-off will leave. Between the little major success that the new series of 2019 were able to find in Shueisha's magazines, I can seem them doing this sort of "let's start fresh" approach in both WSJ and WYJ for 2020.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
The trio of Beast Children, TSS, and Double Taisei looks like they'll all end in 1-2 issues
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Dang, Double Taisei just barreled towards its conclusion. Can't wait to see more Haga next chapter though. Act-Age and Mitama both had really good chapters too, although I'm not sure how next week's Mitama will be. Hopefully the flashback will either only be for part of the chapter or it won't rely on the usual "Mitama's crying until he gets superpowers" gag that usually doesn't work for me.I'd say those series were my top 3 for the week.

Yozakura's chapter was pretty good this week, as were We Never Learn and Yuuna. I'm never really a huge fan of the fight chapters for Chainsawman, but I will say that the design for bomb was superb. This fight might actually be pretty interesting. Yui Kamio also barreled towards its conclusion as well. After this development, I think it's definitely going to end in the next cancellation round.

Honestly, I'm thinking there'll be a 4-5 new series serialization round that starts in Issue 1 with Yui, DT, BC, and TSS all ending, with them optionally giving another series a slot that the Dr. Stone spin-off will leave. Between the little major success that the new series of 2019 were able to find in Shueisha's magazines, I can seem them doing this sort of "let's start fresh" approach in both WSJ and WYJ for 2020.
In case Yui does end, I'd assume they would send it out the last (similar thing happened with David/Jimoto leaving the magazine after the newer series ended), which would give it 4 more chapters at minimum and maybe more. That could be enough to wrap the story I guess.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,509
Reaction score
39,577
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@Buranchi There's a way to allow users to vote in a precisely number of options in a poll? like, "all users can vote in 3/5 options at most"?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top