Ok, saw Terminator... Fell sleep at the end so i have no idea of how this film ended. I don't understand the timeline at all either.









That's awesome! What did you think of the OST?@Eigengrau watched Mandy. It is very good. Indulgent, yes, and committed. It feels like the type of film that 'nails everything it wants to achieve', like:
- homage to older horror and sci-fi films, particularly the film style of Suspiria and others like it
- substance trip and psychedelic aesthetic/atmosphere
- blood and gore thrills (weapon choices help this and the aesthetic too)
- revenge and madness from one Nic Cage (an actor that will go for it)
Either one of those in excess can push it over the top, but it felt grounded enough, with how reality was being distorted in the characters. It could've been cliche and cheesy but the filmmaker knew what not to do, I think. I'm not big on horrors but I did like Mandy.


I thought the soundtrack, at least for what I remember, was great and much like older films with synth and stuff.That's awesome! What did you think of the OST?
I think I remember the director (or some reviews/critics?) mentioning how this is supposed to be like what if a movie was entirely a metal album cover or something... I'm probably getting the quote wrong, but something along the lines of this being more of a sensorial experience.
When Red downed the bottle of vodka and made that sick weaponWas there a particular moment for you where you went "okay, now I'm totally in", or something like that? Just curious.
Nah I wouldn't say there was a particular moment, coz I think the intro credits set the scene. Oh yea, that's the link lol.I'll never forget my midnight screening from last year... when the movie started with the "when I'm dead-" quote, along with that booming, droming soundtrack that sent chills down my spine... really great experience.
Probably mentioned this already, but seeing as you liked Mandy, I would recommend checking out the director's first film, "Beyond The Black Rainbow" (don't remember if you've already seen it or not).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'll keep this in mind coz I know some ppl will want to watch a Xmas movie (I don't fancy them, but I'll watch anything). I might have to watch it alone if there's tears tho lolHaven't posted here much lately, but just want to say; whether you're already getting into the holiday spirit like me or you're waiting until December, at some point I really reccomend Netflix's Klaus.
It's an animated Christmas film about the "unlikely friendship" between a slacker postman and a hermit woodcutter who start a new tradition in a place where everyone hates each other.
It's very predictable. You can see every dramaturgic turning point coming from a mile away. And yet, they all strike exactly the emotional nerves they're meant to, even when you know what's gonna happen.
The writing and visual humor is very funny and well-timed, and helped by the great voice acting (Jason Schwartzman and J.K. Simmons in the leading roles, among others).
The thing that can be a little off-putting at first is the visual style. It's mainly 2D animation but they've explored new styles of working with lighting in 2D, giving it an almost-3D look. My wife actually went (in the first five minutes) "oh the whole film is gonna look like this? We'll see if I finish it." But ten minutes in, we were used to it and it's just absolutely gorgeous, beautiful through and through.
Also, since it's a traditional Christmas film I have to weigh in how heart-warming and wholesome it is. If you're in the need for some holiday cheer, it's the perfect little film, and left both me and my wife with happy tears in our eyes.
8.5/10.
The sick weapon, as you are right to call it, was actually modelled after the "f" in Celtic Frost (band). I only used to listen to one of their songs, I think.When Red downed the bottle of vodka and made that sick weapon![]()
I was really bummed out when I found that the intro credits weren't on the vinyl I bought :/Nah I wouldn't say there was a particular moment, coz I think the intro credits set the scene.








7 / 10
7 / 10
9 / 10









--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Phoenix and Driver were both great but I prefer Driver's portrayal.
And I just got done watching Marriage Story, which was very good.
When I saw people saying that Adam Driver was pretty much guaranteed the win for best actor, I shrug it off thinking "naaah, Joaquin Phoenix pls, Joker pls", but after seeing the film... yeah, this is definitely going to be a tight, competitive year.
I would love to see Joaquin finally win an Oscar, especially because it's Joker, but Adam Driver definitely deserves it as well, and might even for sure win it because, when compared to Joker, the film is 100x times family/academy-friendly, so there's that as well.
Johansson should definitely get her very first Oscar nod for this film.Both Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson were amazing, really good acting and script, they really blew me away. I always knew that Adam Driver could act, but Scarlett was definitely a revelation, wasn't really expecting it because y'know, Avengers and such, but from now on I'll be sure to give her more chances when it comes to these types of roles/films.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
My target for this year is 100 but I'm only at 39/100 atm
That currently brings me to 100 new films (193 hours total) seen this year, but I really want to make it to 120 at the very least, because that's how many I saw last year.
I blame watching too much esports/twitch streams lol.I think it's kinda (but not really) the same problem I had with "Heat" when I finally saw it last year.Huh, I actually thought Miller'a Croasing was great. Only seen it once though, over ten years ago probably, so might have been a blind fanboy at the time tbf.![]()
Yeah that's the thing, I feel like Joaquin really deserves it, especially for this one of a kind role, but I feel like they're likely to go with Driver because it's the most "safe", family-friendly pick...Phoenix and Driver were both great but I prefer Driver's portrayal.
Phoenix deserves an Oscar more than Driver at this point because of his career. This is like the time I was glad Julianne Moore (Still Alice) won over Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl) even though I preferred Pike's performance.
It is never too lateMy target for this year is 100 but I'm only at 39/100 atmI blame watching too much esports/twitch streams lol.


























Did you watch it in theaters? If yes, ijelly :/Uncut Gems - 9 / 10![]()
Bruh, watch "Good Time" if you haven't already, do it.Not familiar with the Safdie Brothers, but I like what they did here and looking forward to more of their stuff to come.
Uncut Gems - 9 / 10
Recently found out about this film and it looks like Sandler gets the chance to show his more serious side when it comes to acting. The last films Sandler did like this, where the humor was thrown to the side that I enjoyed was "Punch Drunk Love" and "Spanglish" and this was definitely a great movie. LaKeith Stanfield is also in this and I'm liking him more and more with his previous films (Sorry To Bother You & Knives Out), these two really did this project well. Not familiar with the Safdie Brothers, but I like what they did here and looking forward to more of their stuff to come.
p.s., got to see the "Tenent" trailer, the new film coming soon from Chris Nolan. Looks alright, reminds me of "Inception" and wondering if, this is possible a sequel or connected to it somehow. And can't wait to see "Rise of Skywalker".![]()
.| Title |
| Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron |
| Mulholland Dr. |
| The Road to El Dorado |
| Certain Women |
| Toy Story |
| Toy Story 2 |
| Toy Story 3 |
| You Were Never Really Here |
| The Lion King |
| Ma vie de Courgette |
| The Incredibles |
| Au hasard Balthazar |
| The Faculty |
| Mulholland Dr. |
| Street Fighter |
| The Night of the Hunter |
| The Big Hit |
| Wild at Heart |
| Sweet Smell of Success |
| Hard to Kill |
| Above the Law |
| Under Siege |
| Fire Down Below |
| Sleep Has Her House |
| Faa yeung nin wa |
| Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer |
| Once Upon a Time in America |
| Sayat Nova |
| Ashug-Karibi |
| Ready Player One |
| Trudno byt bogom |
| Krótki film o milosci |
| Moana |
| Krótki film o zabijaniu |
| Leave No Trace |
| Grzeli nateli dgeebi |
| Avatar |
| Safe |
| Saving Private Ryan |
| If Beale Street Could Talk |
| Deadwood |
| Shichinin no samurai |
| Gett |
| Mile 22 |
| Angel Has Fallen |
| Mad Max: Fury Road |
| Eden |
| Bliss |
| Le cercle rouge |
| Joker |
| Ai qing wan sui |
| L'argent |
| Mandy |
| L'avenir |
| Phoenix |
| Pola X |
| Tian zhu ding |
| Pájaros de verano |
| Tyrannosaur |
| The Irishman |
| The Immigrant |
| Klaus |
| Bad Boy Bubby |
| Coming to America |
| Marriage Story |
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---