Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 492 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I doubt Jellal's going to be sitting there waiting for Erza to tease him all day. More than likely Laxus will beat up Erza, and then Jellal will walk in and enraged when he sees his waifu all beaten up.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I doubt Jellal's going to be sitting there waiting for Erza to tease him all day. More than likely Laxus will beat up Erza, and then Jellal will walk in and enraged when he sees his waifu all beaten up.
Plz don't give me hope :swoon:swoon
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I just realized I don't think I've given my power rankings.... Welp:

1) Gildarts

2)Laxus

3) Natsu

4) Erza

5) Gray/Mira (All this Mira hype got me confused so)

6) Gajeel

7) Lucy

8) Wendy/Freed

9)Freed/Wendy

10)Idk Elfman??

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meh, being enchanted by Wendy should more than make up the difference, if there was any difference at all. They certainly made no mention or display of their fatigue, at best they ran out of stamina earlier than they would have. Besides, there’s no way healthy Erza alone would do better than exhausted team Natsu, I doubt she would even do better than them if you take out her exhausted self from the equation.

Laxus said he surpassed him, not that I’d take his word for it at that point. But yes, Tenrou Laxus. Laxus wasn’t oneshot by anything, he blitzed Hades straight after, and Hades still needed to blast him after. Hades attack just made him realise Hades is stronger and even with absolutely no magic power he still took the last attack with enough strength to get up again a few minutes later. Natsu also made it clear that Laxus could keep fighting instead of giving away his power, which brings me to the fact that he still had an enormous amount of power left to give Natsu. Anyway, my point is that Laxus performed better than Makarov, who performs better than Erza.
Wendy's enchants back then only made their physicals go up by a little margin. It wasn't as powerful as the buffs given in her current form. This was Gray right before the fight lol.
None of them were anywhere near there full power during the fight. Noob Wendy's buff definitely didn't give them nowhere near their full power. She couldn't she have? We have already seen how much being weakened effects mages. Mira vs Azuma, Natsu vs Gajeel, ect. These guys were fighting Hades on reserves by the time they got to him lol.

Laxus did nowhere near as good as Makarov. The Amateratsu formula made Laxus realize the difference between him and Hades and that's why he gave his power to Natsu. Laxus did not perform anywhere near as good as Makrov who actually took on a serious Hades who dropped his strongest spell that wreck Tenrou. And he tanked that spell. He also no sold the attack that put Laxus on his knee as well.
Laxus would've been toasted by two of those attacks let alone Amateratsu 100. Makarov was stronger than Laxus. Natsu stated that Laxus was stronger but Laxus made it clear that he had no chance against Hades. Just bcs his MP was still at full power doesn't mean his body was lol.

There was a reason why Laxus didn't want Makarov to battle in BoF arc.

Ratrace

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Think a Erza and Jellal vs. Laxus is more likely to happen

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wendy's enchants back then only made their physicals go up by a little margin. It wasn't as powerful as the buffs given in her current form. This was Gray right before the fight lol.
None of them were anywhere near there full power during the fight. Noob Wendy's buff definitely didn't give them nowhere near their full power. She couldn't she have? We have already seen how much being weakened effects mages. Mira vs Azuma, Natsu vs Gajeel, ect. These guys were fighting Hades on reserves by the time they got to him lol.

Laxus did nowhere near as good as Makarov. The Amateratsu formula made Laxus realize the difference between him and Hades and that's why he gave his power to Natsu. Laxus did not perform anywhere near as good as Makrov who actually took on a serious Hades who dropped his strongest spell that wreck Tenrou. And he tanked that spell. He also no sold the attack that put Laxus on his knee as well.
Laxus would've been toasted by two of those attacks let alone Amateratsu 100. Makarov was stronger than Laxus. Natsu stated that Laxus was stronger but Laxus made it clear that he had no chance against Hades. Just bcs his MP was still at full power doesn't mean his body was lol.

Not really, Wendy's enchantments were always portrayed as awesome boosts in power. It was the way she could contribute to the team despite her weak combat abilities.
And if Gray did that when he was fighting Hades, I might agree with you. But he didn't, Gray was fighting as well as Natsu was, and Natsu had completely recovered, as had Lucy and presumably Wendy.
Nah, Wendy probably boosted their performance above their healthy state, even if it didn't improve their lowered endurance. The combat ability they displayed against Hades was frankly amazing.
Mira vs Azuma actually portrayed her prior weakening as the reason for her loss, unlike with Hades. On top of that they mentioned specifically that it applied to her because Satan Soul is a magic that uses an inordinate amount of magic power. And on top of that it didn't affect her combat ability, just how long she could fight, which is why she was relatively hopeful she could still beat Azuma if she used all her power immediately, despite Azuma being an Erza tier opponent. As for Natsu exhaustion against Gajeel, even with it he was canonically fighting at a level above what anyone had ever seen before, he, like MIra simply ran out of stamina earlier than he would have. So like I said, team Natsu probably had lowered stamina(only Erza and Gray) but their actual performance would have been as good as ever, just like Natsu and Mira.

No, Laxus did better. As impressive as Makarov was, at the end of the day he didn't accomplish anything against Hades, he didn't land a single attack, he spent the fight getting ragdolled and constantly on the defensive. You can blame it on age but Laxus' performance was objectively far better.
Laxus did want to battle Makarov, he was counting on it, that's why he had the Thunder Tribe do all the work, so he could save his strength for Makarov. He also outright stated he had surpassed him.
Laxus gave his power to Natsu because he wanted a man from the guild to beat Hades, Natsu acknowledged the power would be better spent if Laxus kept using it because Laxus was so much stronger than him.
Hades got serious mid-way through his fight with team Natsu
So yeah, he was plenty serious.

Last edited:

LighteningLord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Laxus >> Jellal?
Ya, you bet!

Erza = Natsu?
Maybe if not Natsu>Erza.

Laxus < Gildarts : 100% true for now. He'll catch up soon though.

So here goes (the gap is real! :3c )

#1 Gildarts

#2 Laxus

#3 Natsu
#4 Erza
#5 Gray
#6 Mirajane
#7 Gajeel
#8 Wendy
= Freed
#10 Cana

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

You must be joking. It doesn’t even sound like you read the same fight. Laxus has the better performance against Hades hands down. He matched him very well, and survive a much stronger attack with literally no magic power to bolster his defenses. The only reason he didn’t destroy Hades was because it wasn’t his place to do so.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu's achievements with his dragon king moves are very good, and he had a good fight against the water god dragon before the UP.

besides that Luxus was stepped against Acnologia, while Natsu carried fights in the back.
What r u talking about?? Natsu wasn't as impressive as anyone else against Merc or Acnologia.

Natsu feats with FDKM aren't as impressive as Laxus is with his lightning.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu's achievements with his dragon king moves are very good, and he had a good fight against the water god dragon before the UP.

besides that Luxus was stepped against Acnologia, while Natsu carried fights in the back.
But had a high diff with gajeel lol

Laxus was the only one that got a hit on acno and natsu was impressed by it natsu needed a massive power up to even touch him

Last edited:

kenedyfake

Reaction score
Country
France
What r u talking about?? Natsu wasn't as impressive as anyone else against Merc or Acnologia.

Natsu feats with FDKM aren't as impressive as Laxus is with his lightning.
But had a high diff with gajeel lol

Laxus was the only one that got a hit on acno and natsu was impressed by it natsu needed a massive power up to even touch him
a giant difference from Natsu using his attacks in king mode and his normal attacks or in old lightning mode.

Gajeel would fall equal or Makarov. No diff

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States

a giant difference from Natsu using his attacks in king mode and his normal attacks or in old lightning mode.

Except he claim to have little mp left and the fight is mostly off screen so u don’t know if he use Fdkm or not. 2. Natsu said makarov is stronger than when he was controlled. 2.laxus is performing better than he is right now the only exception that natsu>laxus is DF

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Performance against Acno Laxus = Natsu

Against Merc Natsu=Team Natsu

Idk what talking ur about. Laxus outclasses Natsu in everything except for when Natsu goes DF.

This current Arc. Laxus is literally destroying everything in his way.

Last edited:

kenedyfake

Reaction score
Country
France
Performance against Acno Laxus = Natsu

Against Merc Natsu=Team Natsu

Idk what talking ur about. Laxus outclasses Natsu in everything except for when Natsu goes DF.

This current Arc. Laxus is literally destroying everything in his way.
Natsu perfomance aganinst Acno > Luxus.

Luxus is bad than cobra in this fight.

destroyed who? Kyria has no deeds except on her HAX.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu perfomance aganinst Acno > Luxus.

Luxus is bad than cobra in this fight.

destroyed who? Kyria has no deeds except on her HAX.
On what basis... They all got their ass kicked equally.

That makes no sense like I said. They were all equal.

Destroyed Kyria who matched Erza. One punch destroyed Erzas Armour. Laxus so far is having the best performance this arc.

kenedyfake

Reaction score
Country
France
On what basis... They all got their ass kicked equally.

That makes no sense like I said. They were all equal.

Destroyed Kyria who matched Erza. One punch destroyed Erzas Armour. Laxus so far is having the best performance this arc.
If you read the fight, you will see that Kyria couldn't hit Erza with a single blow without using her Hax and lost when Erza decided to go upstairs. I see no merit, Natsu would beat Kyria even more easily, should his HAX fail.

Erza withstood all of Luxus's blows, which I doubt she would do against attacks from the fire king. And Luxus roar is weak comparad to Natsu roar.