Samurai 8 volume 1 and 2 came out today in France, can't wait to know if the West Will Save It™
Both volume will have a 70k first print. To compare, Neverland's first volume had a 100k first print, Dr. Stone's first volume had a 50k one, and One Piece and DB Super volumes have 150k first prints.
And it's only my subjective perception of things, but I feel like in terms of marketing, it was not pushed as much as Stone (let alone Neverland)
They also published a limited edition bundle of the two volumes (+some artwork) a week before, it's out of stock in some places now, but not all (still available on amazon), so it's hard to tell how well it did (especially since we don't know how many were printed)
I think that, while unlikely, Japan-level numbers aren't completely out of reach (so around 40k?) , though that would make it a success by French standards. I hope they did their research before and did not overprint it as was the case in Japan