Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,522
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

NyanPower

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
360
Reaction score
773
Age
25
Country
Italy
Oh no what’s with the horrendous trap. Unless I hear good things about this, I’m not going to continue Agravity Trap Boys
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,491
Reaction score
39,522
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So after all that incredibly boring fuss about just a premise i think i can say: I told you!

Theres zero controversy or offensive stuff in the manga (unless everything can offend you), theres not even gender bender at all, all that "outrage" for literally nothing!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We don't know how the original Astra was before the modifications for Jump+. What we saw was just the released version. And at the end of the day, that decision was for the best as the series was able to survive and get an anime where it was published, unlike on WSJ where it probably could have been cancelled.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well, with that said, I have read it and it's meh. Not offensive at all like it was being said but it isn't interesting for me at least on the first chapter. But to be fair, most manga feel that way to me and rarely they grab me on the first chapter.
I know it might have been cancelled, but Shinohara mentioned in a interview that he would have made something with more planets to explore, a bigger cast, and a bigger slice-of-life focus, which were exactly the things I liked about the series. And it was completely vetoed, not a "hey, fix stuff up and submit it again", which is my problem with it. It probably wasn't that different...

But anyway, I didn't hate Agravity Boys (and they just gave up the controversial aspect of the premise? Is that it? lol), but it was really uninteresting for me, with the jokes going from boring to obnoxious.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,715
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
-Act-age has been my favorite manga this week. It has been very intense in the good way.
-Jujutsu and Chainsawman complete my top-3 of this week. My other three candidates were MHA, Dr.Stone, and We Never Learn. Specially WNL, it has had a very good chapter.
-Zipman chapter 2 has been decent, but nothing from other world.
-Agravity Boys chapter 1 has been funny, but let's see what happens.
-I am scared about Yozakura Family because is now in a good streak of introducing secondary interesting characters, but now that the cushion is over, is going to be the manga most suffering in ToCs (without counting S8).
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Mission: Yozakura Family really needs to start developing a plot. This villain of the week stuff is getting boring.
Zipman's 2nd chapter didn't convince me yet. The relationship between these twins still feels too weird. At least a plot is starting to form.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
I liked Agravity Boys a lot but honestly can't seeing the series having legs. I enjoy Zipman less but think it could honestly have a chance at sticking around if things improve with it a bit.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Lmaoo link? Are your memory that bad? You were the one saying in this thread when Yaiba sales exploded by the anime that was "just a normal boost" and laughing at users thinking it would beat Neverland.

It is one thing to say it at the beginning, then it became clear to some that it would not have been so.



Then I still don't understand what this has to do with the duration of Black Clover, but oh well, mysteries, I guess ....


And im not talking about sales or anything but joking about your sense of "being realistic".

I still do not understand.



Being realistic is simply looking at the FACTS.



For example, it is a fact that in the history of Jump very few titles have reached 15 years of publication.



And it is always a FACT that these titles made millions of copies sold.



Like how it is a FACT that much shorter manga than Black CLover like Kimetsu or Assasination Classroom have much greater overall sales.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I know it might have been cancelled, but Shinohara mentioned in a interview that he would have made something with more planets to explore, a bigger cast, and a bigger slice-of-life focus, which were exactly the things I liked about the series. And it was completely vetoed, not a "hey, fix stuff up and submit it again", which is my problem with it. It probably wasn't that different...

But anyway, I didn't hate Agravity Boys (and they just gave up the controversial aspect of the premise? Is that it? lol), but it was really uninteresting for me, with the jokes going from boring to obnoxious.
I really liked the final result of Astra so I'm glad that it was on Jump+ instead haha
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I just compared the One Shot Nakamura made and the first chapter of Agravity. It's a literal carbon-copy. Same panels. Same jokes. Same designs. Same actions. Same stuff happening. It's the literal exact SAME. I don't even know why was I expecting anything.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
So, thoughts on the other three undecideds:

  • Zipman Chapter 2 was...about the same, frankly. Nothing exactly bad, but it's not especially interesting, the story is very by the book, the characters are eh, the art is all right, it's just...fine. Which is really the problem, honestly.There's just nothing stand-out about it which justifies it being a part of the line-up longterm.
  • Mitama I'm starting to get genuinely attached to? I thought the series was overly shaky at first with every chapter feeling the same, but after Hatomune started fleshing out the cast with the Spirits and gave Mitama a more rounded characterization, I feel the series found solid ground to build itself on. Hoping this becomes the new Saiki, honestly.
  • Yozakura I'm...not positive about. It's become rapidly very boring and directionless as every new chapter seems to be about introduing a new wacky character or idea without trying to build a solid foundation. Unlike Mitama, my hope of it surviving is at an all time low.
In other news, We Never Learn is now in the endgame.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So after all that incredibly boring fuss about just a premise i think i can say: I told you!

Theres zero controversy or offensive stuff in the manga (unless everything can offend you), theres not even gender bender at all, all that "outrage" for literally nothing!
It's one example to wait for the chapters before judging. We all should reserve those kind of things for when the series is out, not when the thing didn't even have a chapter.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Agravity and Zipman chapters were bad IMO. AGravity is not even remotely funny and while I really liked the 1st chapter of Zipman, I feel it jumped the gun with this villain of the week thing starting on chapter 2. Both had a weird timing.
 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Zipman 2 was better, but I think this story is not for me, I will wait to see if the second battle have some neat ideas, which would be the only thing to keep me reading it.
As for the boys, I didn't hate it, It had a better impression with me than Zipman first chapter did, I want to see the direction this will head to because right now I have no idea
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
WNL is clearly on endgame now. Like we have been saying for months, it was about to end with the volumes focused on characters and the real world jp events in the manga clearly saying to us that it was approaching the graduation. Also, chapter 139 was definitely one of the best chapters in the series, really emotional to me.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Once WNL ends, it's time for WSJ's very own Gyaru manga. Get Tosh as the artist, make it ecchi with nipples in the volume version and within 3 volumes it's the next million seller.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Agravity Boys was incredible and even the cute little flowery background accents for my husbando Saga *swoons from perfect boyfriend material* hold me.

Truly it is the BL content that JUMP needs more of heart. Still smiling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top