Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

atlantisreturns

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2019
Messages
518
Reaction score
769
Country
Alvarez Empire
Absolutely. Your statement discounts Erza's inability to hit Ajeel until she figured his magic out, and how Erza struggles in something like Sandworld due to lack of AoE and something like DS smell.

Laxus was in the sky and rained a nuke.

The situations are obviously different. Laxus can do damage to Ajeel with his lightning, and he has the attack power to defeat Ajeel with one attack.
Doesn't matter , if Laxus is really that strong and his casual attacks are able to kill Ajeel then Erza shouldn't have even flinched from Ajeel's attacks. She may be a bad match up for Ajeel but Ajeel's attacks were still able to hurt her. She still got hurt to the extent she was out of commission for 1 day in Sand World.

Yea, she was injured because of the advantages Ajeel has. Ajeel's attack power is not necessarily weak either. He also has a hax ability to drain life force.
Ajeel's attack power is not weak but nothing spectacular either. Gray was able to match him easily and Lucy in Sagitarrius form could still destroy his sand birds. Natsu still burnt through his sand pit. Erza shouldn't be affected by shit like that if she can tank an attack ×10 stronger than Natsu's Demolition Fist. Ajeel's "hax ability" is just draining water out of the body not any life force . It can be cured by drinking water again lol.
It doesn't have to scale to Natsu's attack. Natsu's demolition fist could be an overkill, or the nuke could be an overkill. How are you to know? I'm confident both of them beat Ajeel in one go.

August thought Ajeel would die. That amount of lightning is nothing to scoff at, considering Laxus' attack power.
We can scale Natsu's FDK Demolition Fist to Ajeel via Jacob. Base Natsu's punches roughly had the same effects on both of them. And Natsu had to use FDK Demoliton Fist to reasonably knock Jacob out in one shot. And that too , it's just knock out. It didn't kill Jacob. In fact , if we're to buy the hype , then Laxus' casual nuke should be > Natsu's Demolition Fist considering it would've killed him outright . Which makes this even more absurd.

August's opinion was important, but only till we got canon feats of Laxus' performance. His other two feats in Alvarez were vague and contextual. Now this battle with Erza is a proper canon feat which can be used for scaling directly. So August's opinion doesn't really matter now . August can make mistakes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jko

Livinbreathineatin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
286
Reaction score
391
Age
25
Country
United Kingdom
I just read the latest chapter. I have decided on my verdict on whether Laxus would have oneshotted Ajeel or not. My verdict is NO , he would not have possibly oneshotted him at all.

Now we know Erza is capable of going against Red Lightning just fine. Even though she lost the match , she was more than a match for Laxus , she tanked his Red Lightning attack too. And the relative power levels haven't changed much since Alvarez arc. Nobody has got a mega powerup of sorts that skyrocketed their strength. It's ok to scale them to Alvarez.

For starters , this was Erza's condition after she fought Ajeel :

https://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/459/7

Now , we know Ajeel is capable of tanking Base Natsu's punches just fine ( unlike Neinhart ) :

https://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/447/2

Natsu needs his FDK Demolition fist , his strongest move ( excluding his temporary forms ) to oneshot enemies who have durability similar to Ajeel like Jacob.

Now , if we're to buy Laxus' hype of oneshotting Ajeel , then his casual attack should scale to Natsu's FDK Demolition fist.

Which means it's safe to assume Laxus' Red Lightning >>>> Natsu's FDK Demolition Fist as far as hype is concerned. ( May be like 10 times stronger ? )

And as recently shown , Erza was able to tank it.

Now you're telling me Erza , who was left in that condition by Ajeel , was able to tank Red Lightning ? It should've outright killed her as far as hype is concerned. It didn't which can only mean we overestimated Laxus' strength. If Erza indeed was capable of tanking an attack many times powerful than the FDK Demolition Fist and traded blows with a person whose CASUAL ATTACKS scale to FDK Demoliton Fist , she should have been able to completely no sell Ajeel's attacks. She couldn't , which means the attacks she tanked from Laxus are weaker than earlier thought.

The one with more feats and on screen fights in this case is Erza. Laxus has got only 2 feats in the Alvarez arc , one is oneshotting Historia of Hades ( who was fodder at that point ) and killing Wahl with his strongest attack , and giving it his all in that attack. Point to be noted since Laxus' Red Lightning went beyond Lightning , Wahl's lightning resistance suit was cancelled and his inherent weakness of lightning of the Machias race again came into play. So killing Wahl = Using Laxus' strongest attack + Lightning weakness of Wahl. Also , Laxus was cured of his sickness at that point . So since Laxus is the guy with few feats , I'm not going to give him the benefit of doubt.

Hence , imo , August was just being paranoid. I'm believing Ajeel here now after the latest chapter.
I mean, you can’t just say the relative power levels haven’t changed since Alvarez.... what are you talking about? The three main Dragon Eaters are already stronger than at least half the Spriggan’s and every semi relevant Fairytail character got power ups (Even Lisanna has new forms). Erza can use freaking high enchantment now.....

Erza was disadvantaged against Ajeel because of Marin. She was disadvantage because of Ajeel’s fighting style. She can’t just nuke him like Laxus could. Also it could be argued that Erza got stronger DURING Alvarez as well. Ajeel did overpower her a lot yet she busted Irene’s giant meteor with one hit. The Erza that fought Irene is stronger than the Erza that fought Ajeel.
 

Kurumi Tokisaki

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
4,238
Age
29
Country
Sri Lanka
Doesn't matter , if Laxus is really that strong and his casual attacks are able to kill Ajeel then Erza shouldn't have even flinched from Ajeel's attacks. She may be a bad match up for Ajeel but Ajeel's attacks were still able to hurt her. She still got hurt to the extent she was out of commission for 1 day in Sand World.
Then shall we put Gajeel above Merc as well because the dragon couldn't damage Natsu with his roar before him getting the Ignia amp while Gajeel was able to make him bleed in the forehead? No need to defend a guy who lost to the pathetic combination of Lisanna and Elfman. Remove his intangibility, he is just pure pathetic. The majority of the damage he did to Erza was through his sand world hax and he is the best to counter for her. Once he has no advantage he becomes fodder.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Durability in FT doesn't make any sense.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yeah, they are. DiMaria, Jacob, Serena, ect. had good durability showings. Kiria couldn't even scratch Laxus while Wall was putting the hurt on him lol.

Wall went CQC as well and was fighting on par with Laxus just fine. If anything it would be better for Wall to fight someone who can't bypass his immunity to his biggest weakness. Also how is Laxus AoE gonna compete with Sand World? Laxus' AoE is mountain level, while Ajeel's AoE is island+. He would be at a disadvantage when it came to AoE as well.

Before he drops the fireball or Etherion? Erza is not blitzing enough times to scrap Wall before he goes nuclear. His reaction times were as good as Laxus and so was his speed.
Doesn't matter , if Laxus is really that strong and his casual attacks are able to kill Ajeel then Erza shouldn't have even flinched from Ajeel's attacks. She may be a bad match up for Ajeel but Ajeel's attacks were still able to hurt her. She still got hurt to the extent she was out of commission for 1 day in Sand World.


Ajeel's attack power is not weak but nothing spectacular either. Gray was able to match him easily and Lucy in Sagitarrius form could still destroy his sand birds. Natsu still burnt through his sand pit. Erza shouldn't be affected by shit like that if she can tank an attack ×10 stronger than Natsu's Demolition Fist. Ajeel's "hax ability" is just draining water out of the body not any life force . It can be cured by drinking water again lol.


We can scale Natsu's FDK Demolition Fist to Ajeel via Jacob. Base Natsu's punches roughly had the same effects on both of them. And Natsu had to use FDK Demoliton Fist to reasonably knock Jacob out in one shot. And that too , it's just knock out. It didn't kill Jacob. In fact , if we're to buy the hype , then Laxus' casual nuke should be > Natsu's Demolition Fist considering it would've killed him outright . Which makes this even more absurd.

August's opinion was important, but only till we got canon feats of Laxus' performance. His other two feats in Alvarez were vague and contextual. Now this battle with Erza is a proper canon feat which can be used for scaling directly. So August's opinion doesn't really matter now . August can make mistakes.
Okay, I'll see it from your point of view, where current Laxus and Erza are pretty much the same in this arc, therefore, Laxus cannot oneshot Ajeel, because Erza needed help to defeat Ajeel and she barely lived.

(I'm not going to scale because that type of thing is too convenient and error prone in my view, I don't think that needs much clarification. Also, I'll disregard Ajeel being a bad match up, since I'm looking thru it your way)

Looking at main fights after Ajeel:
> Fights Irene, she is pushed to extreme difficulty by Erza and Wendy. Wendy helped more than Jupiter, and Erza was unable to defeat Irene. There's some differences in causes and outcome without being dramatically different. So Irene is stronger than Ajeel, without being significantly stronger, due to the marginal differences aforementioned.
> Fight Kyria, is able to match Kyria then overpower her with Belserion sword in CQC, only takes damage when Kryia's hax works. This is consistent with what we saw in Kyria vs Laxus, and Erza vs Laxus.
> Fights Laxus, is overpowered in attacks but is able to bring the match to extreme diff or draw, due to endurance. This aligns with Kyria vs Laxus and Kyria vs Erza.

So, if you assume that i) Laxus, Erza and Ajeel are equivalent due to their fights; ii) Irene is stronger than Ajeel without being significantly stronger; and iii) X793 = X792; then I can agree with the logic that Laxus cannot oneshot Ajeel with a nuke.
 

atlantisreturns

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2019
Messages
518
Reaction score
769
Country
Alvarez Empire
I mean, you can’t just say the relative power levels haven’t changed since Alvarez.... what are you talking about? The three main Dragon Eaters are already stronger than at least half the Spriggan’s and every semi relevant Fairytail character got power ups (Even Lisanna has new forms). Erza can use freaking high enchantment now.....

Erza was disadvantaged against Ajeel because of Marin. She was disadvantage because of Ajeel’s fighting style. She can’t just nuke him like Laxus could. Also it could be argued that Erza got stronger DURING Alvarez as well. Ajeel did overpower her a lot yet she busted Irene’s giant meteor with one hit. The Erza that fought Irene is stronger than the Erza that fought Ajeel.
Relative power levels between Erza and Laxus should remain the same as Alvarez because both of them trained.

Again , doesn't matter , the fact is she was damaged heavily by Ajeel. She shouldn't be affected by such shit if she can tank an attack ×10 stronger than Natsu's Demolition Fist. She shouldn't flinch. It only means Laxus' attacks aren't as strong as previously thought. Deus Sema if you ask me imo was a waste of MP. Someone like Celestial King can easily bust that meteor into pieces. If you want to give Erza PoF then you're free to do so. Because moments earlier Erza got her bones broken by one swipe from Irene.

Then shall we put Gajeel above Merc as well because the dragon couldn't damage Natsu with his roar before him getting the Ignia amp while Gajeel was able to make him bleed in the forehead? No need to defend a guy who lost to the pathetic combination of Lisanna and Elfman. Remove his intangibility, he is just pure pathetic. The majority of the damage he did to Erza was through his sand world hax and he is the best to counter for her. Once he has no advantage he becomes fodder.
Mercuphobia still wasn't damaged heavily at all. Gajeel did nothing serious to it. That's like Erza smacking and slamming Acnologia with her swords. That was one moment , but Acnologia wasn't truly seriously hurt by it. Sand world hax only drained the water out of her body so that she should feel giddy . She was still hurt by Ajeel's attacks.

I'm not defending just Ajeel , I'm defending Natsu , Gray and Gajeel as well. Because you're basically implying Laxus' one casual attack > Natsu's strongest attack. I wonder how.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,774
Country
United States
Okay, I'll see it from your point of view, where current Laxus and Erza are pretty much the same in this arc, therefore, Laxus cannot oneshot Ajeel, because Erza needed help to defeat Ajeel and she barely lived.

(I'm not going to scale because that type of thing is too convenient and error prone in my view, I don't think that needs much clarification. Also, I'll disregard Ajeel being a bad match up, since I'm looking thru it your way)

Looking at main fights after Ajeel:
> Fights Irene, she is pushed to extreme difficulty by Erza and Wendy. Wendy helped more than Jupiter, and Erza was unable to defeat Irene. There's some differences in causes and outcome without being dramatically different. So Irene is stronger than Ajeel, without being significantly stronger, due to the marginal differences aforementioned.
> Fight Kyria, is able to match Kyria then overpower her with Belserion sword in CQC, only takes damage when Kryia's hax works. This is consistent with what we saw in Kyria vs Laxus, and Erza vs Laxus.
> Fights Laxus, is overpowered in attacks but is able to bring the match to extreme diff or draw, due to endurance. This aligns with Kyria vs Laxus and Kyria vs Erza.

So, if you assume that i) Laxus, Erza and Ajeel are equivalent due to their fights; ii) Irene is stronger than Ajeel without being significantly stronger; and iii) X793 = X792; then I can agree with the logic that Laxus cannot oneshot Ajeel with a nuke.
Extreme difficulty? Irene held back the entire fight
and never resorted to even using her strongest spell lol. And Irene literally let Erza get free shots on her. There's also the fact that feat is an outlier as she needed PoF to do said feat which is something she did not resort to in the Laxus fight.

Irene is significantly stronger than Laxus, Erza, or Ajeel. She literally totalled Erza with a simple slap lol. That is something not even Laxus could do in RL mode.

And the fight didn't even end in an extreme diff as Irene was standing over without even showing the slightest inkling that she was going to fall over and pass out lol.
 

atlantisreturns

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2019
Messages
518
Reaction score
769
Country
Alvarez Empire
Okay, I'll see it from your point of view, where current Laxus and Erza are pretty much the same in this arc, therefore, Laxus cannot oneshot Ajeel, because Erza needed help to defeat Ajeel and she barely lived.

(I'm not going to scale because that type of thing is too convenient and error prone in my view, I don't think that needs much clarification. Also, I'll disregard Ajeel being a bad match up, since I'm looking thru it your way)

Looking at main fights after Ajeel:
> Fights Irene, she is pushed to extreme difficulty by Erza and Wendy. Wendy helped more than Jupiter, and Erza was unable to defeat Irene. There's some differences in causes and outcome without being dramatically different. So Irene is stronger than Ajeel, without being significantly stronger, due to the marginal differences aforementioned.
> Fight Kyria, is able to match Kyria then overpower her with Belserion sword in CQC, only takes damage when Kryia's hax works. This is consistent with what we saw in Kyria vs Laxus, and Erza vs Laxus.
> Fights Laxus, is overpowered in attacks but is able to bring the match to extreme diff or draw, due to endurance. This aligns with Kyria vs Laxus and Kyria vs Erza.

So, if you assume that i) Laxus, Erza and Ajeel are equivalent due to their fights; ii) Irene is stronger than Ajeel without being significantly stronger; and iii) X793 = X792; then I can agree with the logic that Laxus cannot oneshot Ajeel with a nuke.
Dude no. I never said X792=X793. I said relative power levels of Erza and Laxus are the same because they both trained over the timeskip. I don't know what will happen now if Laxus faced off against Ajeel again. But I'm saying at that particular instance of time Laxus couldn't have possibly oneshotted Ajeel.

Well , the thing with Irene is that she was jobbing hard against Erza. She didn't use the two attacks she should've used against her i.e. Enchant her into a mouse or turn into a dragon and stomp on her. If she does that , then yeah she's very significantly above Ajeel. If she fights the pathetic way she fought against Erza then yeah lol I would say she isn't significantly stronger than Ajeel.

Again Erza and Laxus' brute strength may be stronger than Ajeel and Laxus might defeat Ajeel in a fight , never denied that. I'm saying you people acting like Laxus oneshot kill Ajeel which is BS. Even Natsu with his strongest move in the arsenal can't directly kill Ajeel and Laxus with a simple casual attack does it ? Wat ?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Extreme difficulty? Irene held back the entire fight
and never resorted to even using her strongest spell lol. And Irene literally let Erza get free shots on her. There's also the fact that feat is an outlier as she needed PoF to do said feat which is something she did not resort to in the Laxus fight.

Irene is significantly stronger than Laxus, Erza, or Ajeel. She literally totalled Erza with a simple slap lol. That is something not even Laxus could do in RL mode.

And the fight didn't even end in an extreme diff as Irene was standing over without even showing the slightest inkling that she was going to fall over and pass out lol.
Hmm perhaps I misunderstood you. Irene could barely finish off Erza, who slashed her best attack and her out of dragon form. So I was aligning that result, to Ajeel's, without considering other circumstances outside of the help Wendy/Jupiter gave.

I don't think about it this way, and I suppose you don't either lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dude no. I never said X792=X793. I said relative power levels of Erza and Laxus are the same because they both trained over the timeskip. I don't know what will happen now if Laxus faced off against Ajeel again. But I'm saying at that particular instance of time Laxus couldn't have possibly oneshotted Ajeel.

Well , the thing with Irene is that she was jobbing hard against Erza. She didn't use the two attacks she should've used against her i.e. Enchant her into a mouse or turn into a dragon and stomp on her. If she does that , then yeah she's very significantly above Ajeel. If she fights the pathetic way she fought against Erza then yeah lol I would say she isn't significantly stronger than Ajeel.

Again Erza and Laxus' brute strength may be stronger than Ajeel and Laxus might defeat Ajeel in a fight , never denied that. I'm saying you people acting like Laxus oneshot kill Ajeel which is BS. Even Natsu with his strongest move in the arsenal can't directly kill Ajeel and Laxus with a simple casual attack does it ? Wat ?
Okay, sorry I mistook you.

I can understand that then. Since Erza had difficulty, so should Laxus.

While I don't agree because we're not considering many factors about a fight, I can acknowledge what you're saying because it's result and outcome only - which is a fair way to look at things. But then, imo, saying Irene fought pathetically is acknowledging more than outcome, so more factors... so I'm a little lost here.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,774
Country
United States
Hmm perhaps I misunderstood you. Irene could barely finish off Erza, who slashed her best attack and her out of dragon form. So I was aligning that result, to Ajeel's, without considering other circumstances outside of the help Wendy/Jupiter gave.

I don't think about it this way, and I suppose you don't either lol.
If Ajeel was her daughter the result would have been the same 😝
 

Livinbreathineatin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
286
Reaction score
391
Age
25
Country
United Kingdom
Relative power levels between Erza and Laxus should remain the same as Alvarez because both of them trained.

Again , doesn't matter , the fact is she was damaged heavily by Ajeel. She shouldn't be affected by such shit if she can tank an attack ×10 stronger than Natsu's Demolition Fist. She shouldn't flinch. It only means Laxus' attacks aren't as strong as previously thought. Deus Sema if you ask me imo was a waste of MP. Someone like Celestial King can easily bust that meteor into pieces. If you want to give Erza PoF then you're free to do so. Because moments earlier Erza got her bones broken by one swipe from Irene.



Mercuphobia still wasn't damaged heavily at all. Gajeel did nothing serious to it. That's like Erza smacking and slamming Acnologia with her swords. That was one moment , but Acnologia wasn't truly seriously hurt by it. Sand world hax only drained the water out of her body so that she should feel giddy . She was still hurt by Ajeel's attacks.

I'm not defending just Ajeel , I'm defending Natsu , Gray and Gajeel as well. Because you're basically implying Laxus' one casual attack > Natsu's strongest attack. I wonder how.
Just because they both trained doesn’t mean Erza didn’t get way stronger. Are you saying power levels will stay the same forever because everyone has the same amount of training time? Again, Erza learned high enchantment in a year and a bit. Not everyone in Fairytail can learn such a high level technique in a years worth of training.

CSK wouldn’t be able to bust that meteor my dude couldn’t even take out Mard. PoF feats are still canon lol.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Dude no. I never said X792=X793. I said relative power levels of Erza and Laxus are the same because they both trained over the timeskip. I don't know what will happen now if Laxus faced off against Ajeel again. But I'm saying at that particular instance of time Laxus couldn't have possibly oneshotted Ajeel.

Well , the thing with Irene is that she was jobbing hard against Erza. She didn't use the two attacks she should've used against her i.e. Enchant her into a mouse or turn into a dragon and stomp on her. If she does that , then yeah she's very significantly above Ajeel. If she fights the pathetic way she fought against Erza then yeah lol I would say she isn't significantly stronger than Ajeel.

Again Erza and Laxus' brute strength may be stronger than Ajeel and Laxus might defeat Ajeel in a fight , never denied that. I'm saying you people acting like Laxus oneshot kill Ajeel which is BS. Even Natsu with his strongest move in the arsenal can't directly kill Ajeel and Laxus with a simple casual attack does it ? Wat ?
Not necessarily, relative power levels change all the time, especially with main characters in comparison to side characters. And the difference between Erza training and Laxus training is that Erza had help from Wendy, it makes sense both from her status as a main character and the fact that she had help, that Erza would progress more than Laxus did.

Laxus would oneshot Ajeel. The attack seemed casual for him, but it was clearly a flex of power, so probably pretty up there for Laxus attacks. Ajeel doing well against Erza doesn't make his durability any better, he still lost to Elfman and Lisanna and thanks to Ajeel's advantage Erza couldn't use her ultimate sword Benizakura, the sword that let her match human Eileen and bust a meteor
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,774
Country
United States
Kinda scary if they learn Master Enchant lol
If Wendy or Erza busted out Master Enchant they'd bust the entire PL system. I like them being at a noob level where they can only buff people (Wendy) or only change the properties of her weapons (Erza). Don't want to make another busted PL conundrum like he did with Alvarez.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If Wendy or Erza busted out Master Enchant they'd bust the entire PL system. I like them being at a noob level where they can only buff people (Wendy) or only change the properties of her weapons (Erza). Don't want to make another busted PL conundrum like he did with Alvarez.
Just imagine Wendy casting Universe Two and Erza duel wield Deus Sema swords.

It might sound like I'm trolling but it's legit possible lol. Irene said Wendy had great potential and Erza is Irene's daughter, that red hair is undeniable.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Kinda scary if they learn Master Enchant lol
Considering Eileen had to go dragon form, that would be ridiculously OP. Still not sure where Erza stands on enchantment, whether to trust sorcerer weekly's translation of Zacky San's, Axiomas said the wording used could mean either. Erza needed Wendy to enchant her with a DS seal back against Merc, so I don't see how Erza could do those enchantments herself. We'll see next time she uses those swords if Wendy has to enchant them for her or if she can just do it herself(we'll hopefully get an answer from the Aldron fight)
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Considering Eileen had to go dragon form, that would be ridiculously OP. Still not sure where Erza stands on enchantment, whether to trust sorcerer weekly's translation of Zacky San's, Axiomas said the wording used could mean either. Erza needed Wendy to enchant her with a DS seal back against Merc, so I don't see how Erza could do those enchantments herself. We'll see next time she uses those swords if Wendy has to enchant them for her or if she can just do it herself(we'll hopefully get an answer from the Aldron fight)
I recently rewatched the anime, and what Laxus said in Wall fight and what Erza said in the red fierce battle are same. Laxus said furiido shikiden, erza said wendii shikiden. So yes, erza now can use enchantment, since laxus' runes was his own
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,774
Country
United States
Just imagine Wendy casting Universe Two and Erza duel wield Deus Sema swords.

It might sound like I'm trolling but it's legit possible lol. Irene said Wendy had great potential and Erza is Irene's daughter, that red hair is undeniable.
Wendy is going to be busted when she reaches adulthood. I accepted that. I mean look at what she has accomplished at her age. She might not be as skilled in enchantments as Irene tho since she had 400 years to hone her skills. She also might not have the magic requirements since it took a Dragon's MP to do. But I see her becoming a top tier High Enchanter by her mid 20s.

Dual Deus Sema sword tho


Lol, I think Erza is only going to be able to customize her swords with her enchantments to keep her versatility schtick. I don't see her pulling meteorites from planets away or changing the atmosphere with her enchantments.
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Considering Eileen had to go dragon form, that would be ridiculously OP. Still not sure where Erza stands on enchantment, whether to trust sorcerer weekly's translation of Zacky San's, Axiomas said the wording used could mean either. Erza needed Wendy to enchant her with a DS seal back against Merc, so I don't see how Erza could do those enchantments herself. We'll see next time she uses those swords if Wendy has to enchant them for her or if she can just do it herself(we'll hopefully get an answer from the Aldron fight)
Thanks I didn't catch that translation information.

Tbh, I skipped some of this sequel, so I'll go back and read through those moments. Because of the involvement we expect from Wendy and Erza, as mains, and as enchanting is important to dragonslaying, we could get development of these powers.
 

atlantisreturns

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2019
Messages
518
Reaction score
769
Country
Alvarez Empire
Not necessarily, relative power levels change all the time, especially with main characters in comparison to side characters. And the difference between Erza training and Laxus training is that Erza had help from Wendy, it makes sense both from her status as a main character and the fact that she had help, that Erza would progress more than Laxus did.

Laxus would oneshot Ajeel. The attack seemed casual for him, but it was clearly a flex of power, so probably pretty up there for Laxus attacks. Ajeel doing well against Erza doesn't make his durability any better, he still lost to Elfman and Lisanna and thanks to Ajeel's advantage Erza couldn't use her ultimate sword Benizakura, the sword that let her match human Eileen and bust a meteor
Look , I'm not talking about what Erza could've done with her Benizakura sword. I'm talking about Laxus.

My analogy is , RL Laxus' attack was tanked by Erza along with several attacks. Ajeel damaged Erza seriously. Even if you may argue Ajeel got a free shots on Erza , that shouldn't affect her at all considering Ajeel's offense feats aren't that great. His offense got matched by Gray , Lucy and Natsu. The way you're making it right now means Laxus >>>> Natsu and Gray. I disagree. Ajeel was also able to seriously damage Erza like Laxus albeit with more time. I see no counter to this.

Well , if you think Erza progressed lot more than Laxus , then well that's just considering which way to think. It depends how you look at it. Either August was being overprotective or Erza improved really fast. We'll have to wait a bit more for that I guess.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
I recently rewatched the anime, and what Laxus said in Wall fight and what Erza said in the red fierce battle are same. Laxus said furiido shikiden, erza said wendii shikiden. So yes, erza now can use enchantment, since laxus' runes was his own
Yeah, they both said it was given to them or something right? But I was thinking the context was Wendy literally gave those High Enchants to Erza. Maybe I'm just in denial though.
Look , I'm not talking about what Erza could've done with her Benizakura sword. I'm talking about Laxus.

My analogy is , RL Laxus' attack was tanked by Erza along with several attacks. Ajeel damaged Erza seriously. Even if you may argue Ajeel got a free shots on Erza , that shouldn't affect her at all considering Ajeel's offense feats aren't that great. His offense got matched by Gray , Lucy and Natsu. The way you're making it right now means Laxus >>>> Natsu and Gray. I disagree. Ajeel was also able to seriously damage Erza like Laxus albeit with more time. I see no counter to this.

Well , if you think Erza progressed lot more than Laxus , then well that's just considering which way to think. It depends how you look at it. Either August was being overprotective or Erza improved really fast. We'll have to wait a bit more for that I guess.
Well really Laxus missed every named technique he through at Erza, he only really hit her with normal RL punches. Hitting her with Mercury Fulminate would've ended it imo. As for Ajeel damaging Erza seriously, that doesn't improve his durability, it just means his offense is decent, and I don't really even buy that cause like you said, his offense feats aren't that great and he had free shots.
As for Natsu and Gray, Gray was weak at the start of the arc, didn't really use his best shit either and I don't think Natsu is a match for Laxus without FDK and even then I have Laxus the clear stronger.
 
Top