

I’m cherry picking? In order for you to be correct August, instead of being the most experienced practitioner in the Empire, worth being known as King of Magic. Blocked an attack because he was unable to gauge its strength, and still got it wrong after he blocked it. Yet he was spot on about literally everything else throughout the manga.
You’re right, I don’t know why I even pay attention to what the characters say. None of them have ever been good judges on magic and how it works. Clearly you know best.
I’m not refusing to see anything. I get your logic, it’s just ridiculously faulty. That logic would work, if we ignore several key elements. 1st let’s ignore that Erza was handicapped during the majority of the fight. Let’s also act like Gray and Natsu are capable of beating Erza. So let’s ignore that she no diffed both of them together in their (arguably) strongest forms. Which would put Laxus, who just beat Erza and has been portrayed as superior the entire series, would have washed either of them. An would slap Ajeel


So all of his base punches are the same strength? The basic punch he gave Ajeel is equal to the enraged punch he gave Neinhart huh? Let’s be serious. I’m not saying the Nuke was casual. It was casual. It’s no more than an amped lightning stroke, the exact same move Laxus has used as his opening salvo against every opponent he’s attacked. It has never been shown to be equal to his spell weaving. An there is absolutely nothing to suggest that it’s comparable now. An this is the same Erza who later fought Irene and survived everything up to and including her dragon form. Is Ajeel equal to Irene because she hurt Erza?
I am implicitly stating that Laxus is > FDKM Natsu. Because his feats back it up.
If current Erza fought Ajeel, she would no sell his attacks. She would likely destroy him.
All of Laxus attacks are more powerful than Natsu’s attacks in base. It’s his modes that would put him over the top.
Natsu and Gray at any point until now would need to team up to beat him. We literally had an entore arc about this. Natsu still hasn’t been officially shown to surpass Erza or Laxus. That was established in the one being of 100YQ. If we’re lucky we’ll see that fight too