Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,383
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Agravity boys new chapter...was basically one of them resisting to poop in the nature and make a huge drama about it since he can only poop in the vater..wow xD
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Looks like it is Jan. 6 for the next issue for us, Rain Spectre.
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
OP and Arashi are releasing a collab MV on January 4th at midnight.

Jimbe actually drawn as one of the strawhats thats awesome
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Agravity boys new chapter...was basically one of them resisting to poop in the nature and make a huge drama about it since he can only poop in the vater..wow xD
Sounds very Gintama-ish. I like that. Might read it
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Regarding the undecided, my thoughts remain basically the same. Mitama looks to be doing fine, Yozakura I'm officially putting in the "to be axed" pile, Zipman and Agravity continue to not impress me.
 

Teennitro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
611
Reaction score
879
Age
30
Country
Fire Nation
Agravity boys new chapter...was basically one of them resisting to poop in the nature and make a huge drama about it since he can only poop in the vater..wow xD
The last page is hilarious it reminds me of gintama
 

Jorden Rivera

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
724
Age
29
Country
United States
This chapter of Yozakura should of probably been like the third or fourth chapter. It feels super random at this point to have a wedding reception, but it was okay. I'm going keep following it for a bit. Zipman, I completely skimmed. I was so bored and if the girl ends up being a damsel again next chapter I'm dropping the series. Best chapter of the week has to go to either Chainsaw Man or JJK.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,383
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This chapter of Yozakura should of probably been like the third or fourth chapter. It feels super random at this point to have a wedding reception, but it was okay. I'm going keep following it for a bit.
It wouldnt make sense to have a marriage in three chapters when Taiyo was just a weak guy with no training, the point of the marriage was to be the final test for him to enter the family and the spy world.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Zipman might be growing on me with this chapter. I liked the things it set up, and the dialogue was fun. I think it actually has the potential to carve out its own identity from this point forward.

I almost don't want to admit that I laughed at the end of Agravity Boys this week. If future chapters are more like this one, and less like the first two, I could see it growing on me as well.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I legit can't understand how Act-Age can be so consistently good every single week and keep topping every single week, at least for me. I just find it crazy how I literally feel everything in the chapter. Thank god I started reading it. As for the newbies, I liked them all this week. Yozakura seems to finally have finished that Reborn stage, or at least I hope so; Mitama keeps with its gag-spokon theme; ZIPMAN seems to have entered the Shonen Route which is not bad at all if it can be kind of entertaining; and AGRAVITY was pretty funny, got some Gintama vibes from it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, yeah, it seems chapters are scheduled for a day after...? usual release. Dunno if it's incompetence or if there's something actually happening.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I prefer the vote to be only 3 series but whatever.

AMAZING chapters for Chainsawman, Act-age and Jujutsu. Haikyuu, Neverland and WNL are gearing up. And about the newbies, I liked the Yozakura chapter, and I really enjoyed the Zipman chapter. For me Zipman chapter 4 has been very enjoyable and interesting.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Think it's right to call Yozakura axe fodder at this point?
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Nope until Vol. 1 is out and magazine has actually every spot fully covered.
Specially with all the stuff that might end in the near future.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
wow

not only 24 hours after the usual time,

but 72 hours after Japan, because that is a Saturday issue

and even 4/5 hours(fucking DST making me have to put both time) later than their old format

1.if this was a mistake, it is on soo many levels of the process and went by multiple people

2. if this was a one time thing, should have at least make it clear, and what a bad way to start a year/decade

3. they just release them late now, would be a PR Nightmare, the new service is barely a year old, and mangaplus isn't a full year old yet.

4. something up we don't know yet,... eh
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Specially with all the stuff that might end in the near future.
I just can't see Nakano bringing the axe having We Never Learn literally on its endgame, same with Neverland, Haikyu!! releasing a death flag chapter (not in a bad meaning, chapter was awesome), etc, etc. It's all just really weird, there's almost no consistency in series right now.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My votes for this week:

We Never Learn, Yunna, Aggravity Boys, Zipman and Act-Age
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top