Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
wow

not only 24 hours after the usual time,

but 72 hours after Japan, because that is a Saturday issue

and even 4/5 hours(fucking DST making me have to put both time) later than their old format

1.if this was a mistake, it is on soo many levels of the process and went by multiple people

2. if this was a one time thing, should have at least make it clear, and what a bad way to start a year/decade

3. they just release them late now, would be a PR Nightmare, the new service is barely a year old, and mangaplus isn't a full year old yet.

4. something up we don't know yet,... eh
Yeah, hoping this is just a one time thing because Viz USA is taking a holiday break and need more time to finish the simulpublishing process or something. Hopefully Viz will mention what's up in the Shonen Jump podcast tomorrow.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Maybe it was a mistake, they can fix it or it's vacation time for the staff. But are the odds that starting next decade viz will now release the chapters after the Japanese release?
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico

One of Jump's editors commenting on Mangastream's closure.
Isn't that a translated statement from Jamini box? Until now mangastream still hasn't released theirs 🤔.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Maybe it was a mistake, they can fix it or it's vacation time for the staff. But are the odds that starting next decade viz will now release the chapters after the Japanese release?
Hopefully none. It'd be a bad look to do that immediately after shutting down a bunch of scanslation sites, after so many people (myself included) cited the day-and-date simulpublishes as a reason that scanslations should be relied on less.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Has anyone tried to talk with the translators for more information about the issue next week? Like Caleb and the others.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Agravity's chapter was alright, not as good as the last chapter but better than the first one for me. I'd really like to see some more cool alien creatures, but I'm a sucker for that type of stuff. Still feeling like I good go either way one this one. Yozakura had its best chapter in weeks, which although that isn't saying too much, I did genuinely think this chapter was really nice. It delivered both with the comedic and heartfelt moments.

Mitama had another fantastic chapter this week. I can't believe the author was able to make the same Joh Mitama from chapter 1 a convincing straight-man not that much later. He used to be so over-the-top that it was off-putting to me, but Mitama's new dialed-back personality hits all the right notes for me. I can't wait to see the next chapter already. I think I'm to the point where I would actually be deeply upset if Mitama doesn't end up doing well and sticking around.

Top 5 for this week: 1. We Never Learn; 2. Mitama; 3. Act-Age; 4. Yozakura; 5. Yuuna
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Has anyone tried to talk with the translators for more information about the issue next week? Like Caleb and the others.
Asked SJ account, M+ vía Facebook and Jeff (developer for the app). Still waiting for an answer.
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Think it's right to call Yozakura axe fodder at this point?
No. It's not. I think its fine. Its going a reborn thing right now
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Translation of Oda's Jump Festa message:

FUUUUUUUUCK You don't know how much this made me shit my self. If Hanckock die's I'll actually commit.


Sorry if this is off topic brunchi?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil


The others from the thread just to complement.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Given the note, its no surprise that KnY is #1. It would've been nice if they included film tickets.
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
I really liked the first chapter but after this recent one I'm just gonna say Zipman is kinda sick not gonna lie. I'm getting heavy megaman vibes from the ending if the last chapter. I can see it turn into something really unique and cool in the future. Yo I'm predicting the first volume is gonna be a hit 🙂 Can't wait to see if I'm right lol
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Enjoyed a lot this week’s Zipman and Yozakura chapters, the wedding chapter gave a giggle plus some set up with the siblings’ parents and like how they have started to introduce more lore to Zipman lil by lil

Chainsawman was also neat this week, now that’s some nice bittersweet feeling to this arc’s closure, haven’t read Fire Punch at all, tho from what I know I hope CM at least lasts a bit longer
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Enjoyed a lot this week’s Zipman and Yozakura chapters, the wedding chapter gave a giggle plus some set up with the siblings’ parents and like how they have started to introduce more lore to Zipman lil by lil

Chainsawman was also neat this week, now that’s some nice bittersweet feeling to this arc’s closure, haven’t read Fire Punch at all, tho from what I know I hope CM at least lasts a bit longer
It was a very bitter sweet ending. The chapter was depressing.

I had to give my votes to One Piece, Haikyuu, We never learn, My Hero Academia and Chainsaw Man. Damn it was so hard I wanted to vote Black Clover and Zipman. MHA just barely beat BC for me
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
I think that this week many series gave really amazing chapters, even with the increased number of votes allowed it was still difficult for me to decide.

In the end, I voted for One Piece, Mitama, MHA, Dr Stone and Zipman. I really love the new enemies' designs in Zipman.

Also, is it just me, but I think that at present, WSJ has a really strong lineup, comparable to the days of Beelzebub, Toriko, Naruto, etc
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know if it was posted before but now we have the image of Fujimaki's one shot. So it's not sports this time.

 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Five votes is sort of too much for me, even more considering they aren't weighted. The distance between the chapter I thought was the best and thought was the 5th best is way too big.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top