Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,598
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Some people on 4chan are speculating that the "magic school series" we are supposed to be getting in this batch could be Burn the Witch (Tite Kubo's oneshot) serialization. Crossing fingers for that but doubt it.

Though I am 100 percent certain we are getting at least 1 and maybe both veteran serializations, as Jump isn't usually secretive with newbies.
You know, I'd never actually read Burn the Witch until just now, and I found it both interesting and funny. Never read Bleach before, and I have no clue what it's even about, but this oneshot is something I wouldn't mind seeing on a weekly basis if it keeps this premise.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Dio was a dick to Johnathan the whole part though.
yeah and this guy might be a dick to this girl the whole manga (or as long as he's relevant) but only sexually assault her a few times in the full manga
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
A bit of a dumb question but what is exactly Undead Unlucky exactly about? I speed read the raws posted tho I couldn't grasp to much, I know there are zombie like things at least (Undead duh...)
 

Roacher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
138
Country
Poland
Some people on 4chan are speculating that the "magic school series" we are supposed to be getting in this batch could be Burn the Witch (Tite Kubo's oneshot) serialization. Crossing fingers for that but doubt it.
People really want Burn the Witch or they want only Kubo return?if Kubo return I prefer him to do different series than that one shot.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
So Jump is teasing 3 new series in the preview for #8 but is purposely not revealing the other 2 yet?
Exactly. "新年早々新連載三連発が開始" aka "three new consecutive series starting early in the new year"

EDIT: Reposting the link http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/27315. Google Translate wrongly merges the two sentences in one while TLing, when the first line is only "2,3彈は不明", which translates to 2nd and 3rd series unknown"
 
Last edited:

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
...Last time I checked, there really isn't a nuance regarding sexual assault. You commit it, or you don't.
Ah. No, I'm not going to say that if you don't put your hands inside the bra, it's less sexual assault.

And I don't even think that is a limit for Meliodas, considering he has touched Elizabeth while she is naked.
I should have been more clear. I didn't mean that what Meliodas is doing isn't sexual assault, I just don't understand how it is worse than this.

Though I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know what the girl in the one-shot is saying. Is there anything that indicates she is okay with it? (Elisabeth had stopped protesting and was clearly infatuated by the time they met Diane, so everything after that is a lot more... grey-ish, from an ethical point of view. Though it probably wouldn't make a difference for the law.)
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Even tho one of the new serializations seems to be from a newbie but I have hope for one of them to be from Shimabu.
Nice group cover, tho its another group without my man Hinomaru :emocat

Anyways, I finally was able to catch up with Act Age after a long time and boy now I regret catching up since now I have to wait lol Seriously this manga is so good, the art has gets better, the characters are great, their development is great, the humor feels natural, and the struggles got you hooked.

I remember back when it first started and it seemed like it could of been axe fodder (like I remember that it placed a bit low in the ToC some times Early on) but thankfully the author and artist delivered big time, so nice it managed to make a comeback so soon as well. In the hands of great director, an anime will just knock it out of the park with the voice acting and a nice ost
Same here! I'm not even close to getting caught up with AA yet but I am reading through the Death Island arc atm at a snails pace but I'm enjoying it. Very unique series.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
A bit of a dumb question but what is exactly Undead Unlucky exactly about? I speed read the raws posted tho I couldn't grasp to much, I know there are zombie like things at least (Undead duh...)
Without knowing a lick of Japanese, I think the zombie guy becomes some kind of companion of the girl and fights for her? So she must be Unlucky and he's Undead. Sounds like 90s cartoon XD. That or this is a weird-ass rom-com action series like Yozakura but even wackier.
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Don't understand how people can have a problem with Undead Unlucks art style when we have Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man in the magazine. Especially Jk which is scruffy asf for no reason. Doesn't make sense to me
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Don't understand how people can have a problem with Undead Unlucks art style when we have Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man in the magazine. Especially Jk which is scruffy asf for no reason. Doesn't make sense to me
undead + unlock will have many ecchi scenes (if it doesn't change from one shot).
So it is necessary to have a beautiful art for this kind of manga.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Even tho one of the new serializations seems to be from a newbie but I have hope for one of them to be from Shimabu.


Same here! I'm not even close to getting caught up with AA yet but I am reading through the Death Island arc atm at a snails pace but I'm enjoying it. Very unique series.
Nice! Enjoy it, you will next embark on a hype/feels train you wont be able to get off
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Burn the Witch getting serialized would be wild, imagine having Oda, Kishimoto (though not his art) and Kubo all in WSJ at the same time again.
Oh yeah when you put it like that that's actually pretty sick lol. And togashi. Hope Toriko's mangaka comes back too with build king. Then it would be like the whole family has returned 😂😂😂

I also wish Sorachi would make the banchou one shot a full manga. That one shot is really cool.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,598
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Exactly. "新年早々新連載三連発が開始" aka "three new consecutive series starting early in the new year"

EDIT: Reposting the link http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/27315. Google Translate wrongly merges the two sentences in one while TLing, when the first line is only "2,3彈は不明", which translates to 2nd and 3rd series unknown"
Thats interesting, if they're purposely making a mystery about, theres a good chance of one of these two being by a big author
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Did you folk learn nothing from Agravity Boys? Wait until the series actually starts before complaining about it being offensive, there's no point getting your knickers in a twist about the content of a chapter that won't be out for weeks. Oneshots are usually pretty different to serialisations.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's a shame they cut her hair though. I really liked the hair-in-collar look from the beginning of the chapter.
Yeah, her design with long hair was better.

Did you folk learn nothing from Agravity Boys? Wait until the series actually starts before complaining about it being offensive, there's no point getting your knickers in a twist about the content of a chapter that won't be out for weeks. Oneshots are usually pretty different to serialisations.
True. lol And it has been less than 1 month. Much of this manga will get changed to fit there.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Highly doubt Kubo will be back. The more plausible one will be Shimabu.

And if it is indeed a big author, WSJ might be trying to opposite strategy of what they did with S8. Drop a surprise serialization and have people talk about it because of the surprise. No unnecessary built up expectations or anything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top