Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

That's...hilarious. I can't say I've heard of a movie with 0 stars. I'm guessing you never went to see it?
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I like to take care of my brain, mental health, eyes and stomach.
Of course I didn't see that movie. I think only 100 persons saw that movie and a lot of them stood up and left the theater as fast as they could.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

My parents went to see Lost in Translation. They claim that they wanted to leave 1/4 of the way through. From what I read on the internets, it wasn't funny, was kinda racist against Asians, and in no way accurately depicted Japan/Tokyo. Yet, it got great review and won a bunch of awards.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
the best movie 2007 is now out in the cinemas, This is England.
its amazing, a compelling storyline and great actors/tresses.

watch it NOW!
i heard its coming out on dvd this week, ill probably buy it and hopefully it wont be a waste of my money :p
 
Last edited:

Decir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Switzerland
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

My parents went to see Lost in Translation. They claim that they wanted to leave 1/4 of the way through. From what I read on the internets, it wasn't funny, was kinda racist against Asians, and in no way accurately depicted Japan/Tokyo. Yet, it got great review and won a bunch of awards.
It wasn't that bad. Yeah, sure it was not very funny. But it had also something...
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Finally saw Stardust. I must say, it was pretty good. Robert DiNiro's character though...kinda strange. Hilarious, but very strange.


Finally saw Stardust. I must say, it was pretty good. Robert Di Niro's character though...kinda strange. Hilarious, but very strange.
 
Last edited:

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

It says that there's nothing to do when you've got tons of money and you've got all the time in the world in Tokyo. That's not right.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I saw Lost in Translation a while ago, and I thought it was excellent. The two American characters being in Tokyo is a literal representation of being 'lost in translation'. But the true conflict for these characters isn't finding their way in a foreign city, but finding their way in their own lives, which are at a stagnant and apparently purposeless point. It's not a movie for action or tons of drama, it is a very reflective and intellectual film, and a very meaningful one for someone who has been in a similar position as the characters ^^
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I saw Lost in Translation a while ago, and I thought it was excellent. The two American characters being in Tokyo is a literal representation of being 'lost in translation'. But the true conflict for these characters isn't finding their way in a foreign city, but finding their way in their own lives, which are at a stagnant and apparently purposeless point. It's not a movie for action or tons of drama, it is a very reflective and intellectual film, and a very meaningful one for someone who has been in a similar position as the characters ^^
PY the critic has spoken.


I haven't seen Lost in Translation, but my mother has. And she totally agrees with PY. She read her reply and exclaimed: "What an intelligent girl!" (well, it was in spanish, so she said "Que chica tan inteligente!")
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

awww thanks Hellbringer :hug and tell your mom I say muchas gracias, señora :amuse but I'm not a critic, I'm an English major :XD

anyway....so that this post remains on topic...I've finally remembered the name of the worst movie I've ever seen (imho, of course ^^) ....The Sweetest Thing, with Cameron Diaz. My roommates rented it one night and forced me to watch it. oh well, I've never been a big fan of chick flicks :XD
 

Decir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Switzerland
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

It says that there's nothing to do when you've got tons of money and you've got all the time in the world in Tokyo. That's not right.
And that's not a really critic of a film :blink

I agree with PY and hellbringer. But, I also think that it has his weak-points during the storyline.

Sweetest-thing?

Don't remember this name. :(
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Sweetest-thing?
Don't remember this name. :(
It's a good thing you don't remember that movie.
Now, you've to reember the title so you NEVER watch it.
 

Decir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Switzerland
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

It's a good thing you don't remember that movie.
Now, you've to reember the title so you NEVER watch it.
Now, I have to. It's maybe my death, but I will do it.

What about musical films does anyone know a bad one.

"Moulin Rouge", maybe?
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Lol like i said many posts before i knew Stardust was gonna be like that and thats why i didnt want to see it. Casue I just didnt like the plot and the trailer was not intresting. If the trailer is ot intresting the movie is gonna be worse.

Was the plot at least exciting at times. Should i give it a try for the plots sake?
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Taken to see Balls of Fury. Thought it would be hella stupid, and it kinda was. Had a few good parts. I still don't care for Christopher Walken, though.
 

krazykone12

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

the Resident Evil movie's either one, they're both just... ugh
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Just back from watching Disturbia. Quite a nice movie, although one can almost read the whole plot from the beginning. No shocking twist. :(
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Never seemed like there would be one. And of course, the only Asian guy is the only protagonist to die. *sigh* A lot of people at my school got worked up with hype about that movie. Myself...meh. I don't see many horror flicks.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Yeah, Extinction looks like a total shit movie. I was at the theatre with my pals, the whole preview I was asking questions about the movie, when they didn't make sense.
"How did zombies make Las Vegas become overhelmed with sand?"
"Why are they trying to kill Alice if she's killing the zombies?"
"Why aren't they shooting the zombies?"
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
On the contrary, the Asian guy didn't die. He showed up at the end of the movie. You know, before the smooching scene.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top