Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I see that it is impossible.

the tournament counter only counts since he falls to the ground, not when he is awake and talking ... and this is not a tournament, I repeat.

Nothing to tell at the time of the talk, she is awake talking.

You don't know that counting is only done when ko is left.

and that only in tournaments with rules, here there are no winner rules, because there is no winner.

and I remind you that he admits defeat, there is no victory.

I think the problem I see in you is that you start counting from the erza conversation, and that is wrong, it is since she is left ko.

if not, then mashima could not have put double ko, because that means that the 2 are knocked out in the same period of time, which happens, it does not take even 6 seconds to fall ko after erza.

If it was a victory for Laxus, Mashima should have put both ko or ko with arrows to each one, apart from which Laxus should also have said that he won, but you know that he said he also lost.

I usually read the comments of the majority, but it seems to me that you were more reasonable than many, but in this case I cannot find anything reasonable, because you deny the author himself, although I think I know that it is because you think he was counting from the speech of erza and that is not like that.

and if she held back, you should know that the vs after the slash would have already ended the fight surely, Laxus himself as a fighter who is know when someone is contained and told her.

one had a little less magic and the other it was held until the final part.

both were matched, both were sold out, both recognized defeat, double ko means double ko, no win.
Under Queensbury boxing rules, a standing 10 count is started the moment the ref recognizes a part of the body other than the feet touches the ground. If they are unable to rise to their feet after 10 seconds, it is a KO. They don't have to be unconscious. In unified MMA rules, a KO is granted only when a fighter is unable to continue. In both sports, TKOs are granted by the ref when the ref (or corner, or ringside doctor) decides that the fighter cannot continue. In any case, there was no KO no matter what ruleset you look under, because Erza simply stated "I lost". That's a tap, and counts as forfeiture. Fainting from exhaustion long after you collapsed to your knees and saying that you've lost isn't a knockout in any sport. All of this is, of course, irrelevant. Mashima calls it a double knockout using whatever fictional standard he's using. Not a real life one. I am perfectly fine with accepting that at face value. The only reason I am even getting into this is because you're saying that what Laxus and Erza went through was comparable to real boxers knocking each other out in a double KO, which it very clearly is not.

Again, it doesn't matter if Erza held back in the beginning. Because she eventually went all out against Laxus, and Laxus is still standing afterwards. There was literally nothing more Erza could have done by the end of the fight.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
Under Queensbury boxing rules, a standing 10 count is started the moment the ref recognizes a part of the body other than the feet touches the ground. If they are unable to rise to their feet after 10 seconds, it is a KO. They don't have to be unconscious. In unified MMA rules, a KO is granted only when a fighter is unable to continue. In both sports, TKOs are granted by the ref when the ref (or corner, or ringside doctor) decides that the fighter cannot continue. In any case, there was no KO no matter what ruleset you look under, because Erza simply stated "I lost". That's a tap, and counts as forfeiture. Fainting from exhaustion long after you collapsed to your knees and saying that you've lost isn't a knockout in any sport. All of this is, of course, irrelevant. Mashima calls it a double knockout using whatever fictional standard he's using. Not a real life one. I am perfectly fine with accepting that at face value. The only reason I am even getting into this is because you're saying that what Laxus and Erza went through was comparable to real boxers knocking each other out in a double KO, which it very clearly is not.

Again, it doesn't matter if Erza held back in the beginning. Because she eventually went all out against Laxus, and Laxus is still standing afterwards. There was literally nothing more Erza could have done by the end of the fight.
but it is not a tournament, it was a death match and if it was declared double ko it is double ko.

do not invent things by denying that fact written by the author.
if he says that it is double ko, then it is, because he also acknowledges having lost.

that fact is the most fundamental, the maximum authority is mashima and he says that it is double ko.
Erza says lost, Laxus says he also lost.

you generally look for victory, but if they admit defeat themselves and the author puts double ko, then there is no more.

For this reason it does not matter to read the other comments you want to put, if what really counts is the word of mashima, and it is a double ko with both defeated said by themselves.

I could never put double ko if it really was someone's victory.

I think it is easy to understand.

I know what I read, I hope you know in general too.

apart, if laxus had won, he should have said it instead of saying - that's my line - that makes him a loser just like her.

You cannot deny the undeniable.

and if it were someone's victory, you can't put double ko, you should put -ko and arrows for each one, or ko erza and laxus asleep- but it doesn't put that, you should know what it says.
to deny that fact is to deny mashima.

I will follow the words of mashima and his manga, whoever wants to read something else is already the business of others.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
but it is not a tournament, it was a death match and if it was declared double ko it is double ko.

do not invent things by denying that fact written by the author.
if he says that it is double ko, then it is, because he also acknowledges having lost.

that fact is the most fundamental, the maximum authority is mashima and he says that it is double ko.
Erza says lost, Laxus says he also lost.

you generally look for victory, but if they admit defeat themselves and the author puts double ko, then there is no more.

For this reason it does not matter to read the other comments you want to put, if what really counts is the word of mashima, and it is a double ko with both defeated said by themselves.

I could never put double ko if it really was someone's victory.

I think it is easy to understand.

I know what I read, I hope you know in general too.

apart, if laxus had won, he should have said it instead of saying - that's my line - that makes him a loser just like her.

You cannot deny the undeniable.

and if it were someone's victory, you can't put double ko, you should put -ko and arrows for each one, or ko erza and laxus asleep- but it doesn't put that, you should know what it says.
to deny that fact is to deny mashima.

I will follow the words of mashima and to his sleeve, whoever wants to read something else is already the business of others.
I didn't invent the Marques of Queensbury boxing rules. Or the unified rules. These are the rules as they pertain to boxing and MMA in real life. Hiro Mashima is using whatever fictional standard he's using when he says double knockout. I don't have a problem with that whatsoever. I do have a problem when you say that what Laxus and Erza went through is comparable to real life boxers knocking each other out, because it's not.

Even if Laxus and Erza tied in their fight the fact still remains that Laxus used up some power fighting Kyria earlier. The power that went into beating Kyria would have been power that he could have saved to beat up on Erza's unconscious body. So overall his showings have him as being slightly stronger than Erza.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
I didn't invent the Marques of Queensbury boxing rules. Or the unified rules. These are the rules as they pertain to boxing and MMA in real life. Hiro Mashima is using whatever fictional standard he's using when he says double knockout. I don't have a problem with that whatsoever. I do have a problem when you say that what Laxus and Erza went through is comparable to real life boxers knocking each other out, because it's not.

Even if Laxus and Erza tied in their fight the fact still remains that Laxus used up some power fighting Kyria earlier. The power that went into beating Kyria would have been power that he could have saved to beat up on Erza's unconscious body. So overall his showings have him as being slightly stronger than Erza.
no, I put the example of boxing by the rule that in double ko only the victory is given to the one who gets up before, there is no rule where it says that it is given to the one who falls after, and that is only in tournament, thing That doesn't happen here.

I only put it for those who don't know, and there are no rules here anyway.

I insist, Laxus exhausted some magic, yes, and Erza held back until after the slash.

If Erza had gone seriously, the fight would be serious for Erza, because even by restraining she hurt Laxus a lot, if he went seriously, he would have finished it right there and if not, almost.

That is why you should not leave with the excuse of fighting with Kyria, because it is much less to use a little magic to contain yourself and even more in the strongest blow that was the fire and ice slash.

If you agree with what mashima put double ko and the statements of both, then what are we discussing?
both admitted defeat, it seems to me enough motive, and also the double ko of mashima.

there is no more, there must be no more.

I cannot understand how there are people capable of thinking about the victory of Laxus with how clear it is in the manga and with what is explained here.

They only seem excuses to avoid the defeat of both when you thought that laxus had won.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
no, I put the example of boxing by the rule that in double ko only the victory is given to the one who gets up before, there is no rule where it says that it is given to the one who falls after, and that is only in tournament, thing That doesn't happen here.

I only put it for those who don't know, and there are no rules here anyway.

I insist, Laxus exhausted some magic, yes, and Erza held back until after the slash.

If Erza had gone seriously, the fight would be serious for Erza, because even by restraining she hurt Laxus a lot, if he went seriously, he would have finished it right there and if not, almost.

That is why you should not leave with the excuse of fighting with Kyria, because it is much less to use a little magic to contain yourself and even more in the strongest blow that was the fire and ice slash.

If you agree with what mashima put double ko and the statements of both, then what are we discussing?
both admitted defeat, it seems to me suffering motive, and also the double ko of mashima.

there is no more, there must be no more.

I cannot understand how there are people capable of thinking about the victory of Laxus with how clear it is in the manga and with what is explained here.

They only seem excuses to avoid the defeat of both when you thought that laxus had won.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. But double knockouts do happen in boxing/mma. How the fight ended with Laxus and Erza isn't similar to those instances. Mashima might call it a double knockout using whatever fictional standard he's using, and I'm willing to take that face value.

I'm not really buying that she would have been able to finish Laxus off if she just slashed Laxus a bit more seriously. In fact, I'm not buying that Erza would be able to finish Laxus off at all. Because she couldn't even after going all out against Laxus afterwards.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. But double knockouts do happen in boxing/mma. How the fight ended with Laxus and Erza isn't similar to those instances. Mashima might call it a double knockout using whatever fictional standard he's using, and I'm willing to take that face value.

I'm not really buying that she would have been able to finish Laxus off if she just slashed Laxus a bit more seriously. In fact, I'm not buying that Erza would be able to finish Laxus off at all. Because she couldn't even after going all out against Laxus afterwards.


let's analyze the vs.

you have to start with the fact that it is a double ko put by mashima.

To start, this vs was not fair for either, but especially for Erza.

disadvantages of laxus-
used some magic power with kyria

erza advantage-
She has all her magical power or almost everything.

disadvantage of erza-
She can't fight butt with a guild mate, she must restrain herself.

laxus advantage-
he can and must go to kill by order of ww and with it be superior and on top resist her most lethal blows like fire-ice swords and damage erza as much as possible while she cannot until later.

Then Laxus told Erza to be fight serious as a fighter he is.

He was now matched, and the two exhausted their magic to the fullest.

Erza admits her defeat and falls after the speech.
laxus admits his defeat just after and ko falls.

Winner excuses for time-points or whatever ceases to be valid when he admits his defeat and Ko falls.

Kyria admits that the two knocked out each other.

Mashima affirms a double ko.

I hope you agree on what is here, because something different from this does not happen in mashima's manga.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,963
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
For me, I don't care about the results. I admit it's double KO. Laxus is among the strongest of FT and needed to be stopped. In Team Natsu only Natsu and Erza are the strongest while Laxus, Jellal, Mira, and Gajeel needed to be stopped no matter what. Laxus has always been and is still stronger than Erza, even if it's just a little. The battle was great too, the choreography, and good for the two's development.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
when Erza supposedly held back, she was getting her ass kicked throughout the entire chapter.

she only had one clean, powerful blow which only made Laxus stronger.

Laxus stood maybe 20 seconds more before he passed out via exhaustion.

he also fought Kiria for at least 10 - 15 minutes as well.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
when Erza supposedly held back, she was getting her ass kicked throughout the entire chapter.

she only had one clean, powerful blow which only made Laxus stronger.

Laxus stood maybe 20 seconds more before he passed out via exhaustion.

he also fought Kiria for at least 10 - 15 minutes as well.
There is no point of even debating it man, people are gonna believe what they wanna and you could give them the facts on a silver platter and they'd still deny it.
 

Clown from Argentina

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2019
Messages
309
Reaction score
416
Age
26
Country
France
There is no point of even debating it man, people are gonna believe what they wanna and you could give them the facts on a silver platter and they'd still deny it.
And this was said by the most erring person on the forum. :yodawg

I burst out laughing with such hypocrisy.:epicfacepalm
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
And this was said by the most erring person on the forum. :yodawg

I burst out laughing with such hypocrisy.:epicfacepalm
Lol, every time I've debated you, you use ad-hominids and don't prove your point. You've never even posted a scan/proof from the manga trying to "debunk" me.

If you think I'm such a hypocrite, prove it. Until you do, I'll be here chilling:teehee
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
can some1 show me proof that Laxus admitted he lost because saying that “I’ll win next time” doesn’t mean he lost cuz Laxus could probably think in his eyes it was a draw now erza said she lost so.... that’s different 2. Actions speaks louder than words erza free fall Laxus sat down and then collapses that a major difference Laxus had control of his body while erza didn’t simple erza is on laxus tier now but laxus is just slightly stronger than her
 
Last edited:

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
can some1 show me proof that Laxus admitted he lost because saying that “I’ll win next time” doesn’t mean he lost cuz Laxus could probably think in his eyes it was a draw now erza said she lost so.... that’s different 2. Actions speaks loud than words erza free fall Laxus sat down and then collapses that a major difference Laxus had control of his body while erza didn’t simple erza is on laxus tier now but laxus is just slightly stronger than her
Please, having to explain this seems like an insult.

-I will win next time- coming from defeat.
-this is my line- saying that means the same thing, word by word.

say for example I will win next time from the victory is impossible, because that phrase can only be said since defeat.

in the victory it must be said -I will win you again next time-

above that the author of the manga and maximum authority put double ko.

It should be very clear, but there are still people who don't.

If you do not understand this, there is a problem.
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
Please, having to explain this seems like an insult.

-I will win next time- coming from defeat.
-this is my line- saying that means the same thing, word by word.

say for example I will win next time from the victory is impossible, because that phrase can only be said since defeat.

in the victory it must be said -I will win you again next time-

above that the author of the manga and maximum authority put double ko.

It should be very clear, but there are still people who don't.

If you do not understand this, there is a problem.
Except that u forgot all about what erza said earlier she lost IF SHE DIDNT SAY THAT that would be a different story laxus from his mouth didn’t utter the word he lost.. he just say that’s my line “I’ll win next time” that doesn’t mean he believe he lost he could believe he didn’t win the match/it’s a draw simple as that 2. example in a soccer match if my team tied with ur team but I come up to u and I said “I’ll win next time” that doesn’t mean I lost. 3. Actions>words It is a fact that erza fell first and laxus looked at her and then sat down that shows that Laxus outlasted erza which proves laxus is stronger than her. 4. Double KO doesn’t mean jack as we seen this many times in fairy tail
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
The only way to see which characters are stronger than who is when characters powers are used consistently and competently.

Laxus Red Lightning form vs Erza Nakagami armor.


If Erza used her Nakagami armor which can supposedly cut through magic and space would the battle have been more in her favor. If stuff is to be written consistently are we to believe Laxus Skin is more durable than a High enchanted Meteor from Irene. If the fight was written consistently with each characters powers and feats taken into consideration it should have ended more so in Erza favor. Has nothing to do with Laxus being weak but more to do with Erza have better counters towards his power with Nakagami and a weapon of high power with Red pants sword. If Erza's red pants sword could not stand up against Laxus Red lightning then that would mean Laxus power is stronger than Irene at her peak. I know Laxus fans would love this to be true.


Lucy stardress Mix

If Stardress mix only incorporates a portion of the spirits power than it would cost less to use than summoning the two spirits at once. So why Lucy can only use it for a second does not work with the consistency of the writing concerning stardress. The logic here doesn't add up. It would make more logical sense she would be able to use it longer than she would be able to summon 2 spirits.

Gray DeS

Am I suppose to believe Mirajane demonic powers is stronger than E.N.D because logically that would be the only way she would be able to contend with his DeS.

Skullion+Madmole vs Mirajane+Elfman

I love how no one calls out the BS in this fight. It was already established on screen Lion form could not damage Madmole and Mirajane's phsycial and nukes did not work against Skullion yet offscreen in those same forms some plot convivence way this changes. It would be different if they switched forms but they didn't. Hiro basically reconned the stuff he established earlier not 3 chapters later. This isn't even the first time this has happened though concerning Mirajane. He also did it during her fight with Sayla. He established Takeover doesn't work on Sayla only for Mirajane to use it later in battle on Sayla when the first time she tried it didn't work. Yet I don't see people actually commenting on this.


These are just a couple of many power inconsistencies in the story. People only tend to focus on a few.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
The only way to see which characters are stronger than who is when characters powers are used consistently and competently.

Laxus Red Lightning form vs Erza Nakagami armor.

If Erza used her Nakagami armor which can supposedly cut through magic and space would the battle have been more in her favor. If stuff is to be written consistently are we to believe Laxus Skin is more durable than a High enchanted Meteor from Irene. If the fight was written consistently with each characters powers and feats taken into consideration it should have ended more so in Erza favor. Has nothing to do with Laxus being weak but more to do with Erza have better counters towards his power with Nakagami and a weapon of high power with Red pants sword. If Erza's red pants sword could not stand up against Laxus Red lightning then that would mean Laxus power is stronger than Irene at her peak. I know Laxus fans would love this to be true.


Lucy stardress Mix

If Stardress mix only incorporates a portion of the spirits power than it would cost less to use than summoning the two spirits at once. So why Lucy can only use it for a second does not work with the consistency of the writing concerning stardress. The logic here doesn't add up. It would make more logical sense she would be able to use it longer than she would be able to summon 2 spirits.

Gray DeS

Am I suppose to believe Mirajane demonic powers is stronger than E.N.D because logically that would be the only way she would be able to contend with his DeS.

Skullion+Madmole vs Mirajane+Elfman

I love how no one calls out the BS in this fight. It was already established on screen Lion form could not damage Madmole and Mirajane's phsycial and nukes did not work against Skullion yet offscreen in those same forms some plot convivence way this changes. It would be different if they switched forms but they didn't. Hiro basically reconned the stuff he established earlier not 3 chapters later. This isn't even the first time this has happened though concerning Mirajane. He also did it during her fight with Sayla. He established Takeover doesn't work on Sayla only for Mirajane to use it later in battle on Sayla when the first time she tried it didn't work. Yet I don't see people actually commenting on this.


These are just a couple of many power inconsistencies in the story. People only tend to focus on a few.
Erza couldn’t stand up to Laxus though? She literally established in her battle with Kiria that about her new sword and it’s properties. She felt she needed to use the amped Red Pants to even challenge Laxus. She didn’t even know he had a RLDM. She needed it for base Laxus. An we already have the previous arc to establish that she’s stronger than she was back in Alvarez. Sooooo
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
Except that u forgot all about what erza said earlier she lost IF SHE DIDNT SAY THAT that would be a different story laxus from his mouth didn’t utter the word he lost.. he just say that’s my line “I’ll win next time” that doesn’t mean he believe he lost he could believe he didn’t win the match/it’s a draw simple as that 2. example in a soccer match if my team tied with ur team but I come up to u and I said “I’ll win next time” that doesn’t mean I lost. 3. Actions>words It is a fact that erza fell first and laxus looked at her and then sat down that shows that Laxus outlasted erza which proves laxus is stronger than her. 4. Double KO doesn’t mean jack as we seen this many times in fairy tail
really double ko always been double ko.
there have been no victories in any double ko.
there has also been no double ko in tournaments that I remember.
unless we continue talking about another fairy tail.

otherwise, if laxus himself says that it is a tie, then it is a tie.
Now it turns out that you know more than laxus and that mashima, you have fallen into your own words.
If the laxus who did all the fighting thinks that it is a tie (according to you) or has lost (which is the logical thing) then both options is a tie.
the fact that he was standing a few seconds more does not mean anything because you yourself have recognized defeat or draw.
 
Last edited:

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
really double ko always been double ko.
there have been no victories in any double ko.
there has also been no double ko in tournaments that I remember.
unless we continue talking about another fairy tail.
Both of them are KO, that’s all the page is trying to get across. There is nothing to suggest that it’s the author stating the battle was a tie. That’s just Erza fans desperate for something other than the symbolic victory they got.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Erza couldn’t stand up to Laxus though? She literally established in her battle with Kiria that about her new sword and it’s properties. She felt she needed to use the amped Red Pants to even challenge Laxus. She didn’t even know he had a RLDM. She needed it for base Laxus. An we already have the previous arc to establish that she’s stronger than she was back in Alvarez. Sooooo
The point of my post in power inconsistency. By saying Erza red pants sword couldn't contend with Laxus power is basically saying Laxus is superior to Irene at her peak.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
Both of them are KO, that’s all the page is trying to get across. There is nothing to suggest that it’s the author stating the battle was a tie. That’s just Erza fans desperate for something other than the symbolic victory they got.
totally wrong.
Double ko does not mean both ko, there is the difference.

double ko - both ko in the same period of time.

both ko- both were ko, there it can go well that one has won with more advantage than the other.

That is why the time period between Erza falling to that of Laxus falls into double ko which means a tie.

the difference to both ko is a lot, there if you can enter the theory that laxus has won by time, but you see, it has not been like that.

and this has nothing to do with which erza I like more, if the author says one thing then it is that thing.

If Laxus says he has lost or according to others, then it is a tie, you and I do not know more than them.
but whoever is with the author and the words of laxus will be right, and that is what I do as a manga reader.
 
Last edited:
Top