Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
ok stop :yodawg

calm your horses.
No.
Someone who struggled against injured Erza + Wendy, and then injured Erza alone isn't one shotting Laxus any day.
You clearly didn't read the chapter then. :catshrug

Edit:
Irene vs Acno -> Legit
Irene vs Erza and Wendy -> PoF bs and Irene held back

No human character is taking an enhanced sword stab from Erza to the throat w/o defending themselves yet she did lmfao.

Irene strips Laxus of his magic lmao in one hit. :yodawg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Good I’m glad this overrated hag is back so it can be definitively proven in the near future that Laxus would punk her. August will likely never return as he’s too OP.
Laxus can't even come close lol. Let him get out of Erza tier before he tries to run against the big dogs. Dude isn't even on residual Irene's level :lmao


"Overrated hag" from a Laxus fanboy :yodawg

Not to mention the downplay she got from this forum :epicfacepalm
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,159
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
No.


You clearly didn't read the chapter then. :catshrug
Yea I did. Maybe you need to re-read it, putting away wank glasses off lol. Don't give me "she held back" BS (headcanon), Eileen was visibly seething with anger and being hysterical while fighting Erza round 2 (fact).

Edit:
Irene vs Acno -> Legit
Irene vs Erza and Wendy -> PoF bs and Irene held back

No human character is taking an enhanced sword stab from Erza to the throat w/o defending themselves yet she did lmfao.
Replicated and outperformed by Jellal. Non serious Acno won't go for the kill, so this is nothing.
Legit feats. Eileen stopped holding back once Wendy kicked her out of her body. Eileen, seething with anger and being hysterical "held back" lul

"w/o defending" is headcanon, unless you believe headbutt from broken bones Erza (which visibly did more damage) is stronger than her sword attack. She most likely enchanted it just to prevent piercing.

Irene strips Laxus of his magic lmao in one hit. :yodawg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Not to mention the downplay she got from this forum :epicfacepalm
Laxus isn't fodder like Nebal, so no.

She gets what she deserves. Her feats are undeniably mediocre. I'm glad that many on this forum go by feats (reality), rather than bullshit hype and statements that Hiro always shit on
 

Perdieucas

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2019
Messages
138
Reaction score
202
Age
31
Country
United States
Laxus is more powerful than Irene because of feats? In what reality has Laxus surpassed Irene in feats? He defeated Wahl. What else did he do?
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
how can people rate Irene with just residual power above Laxus is beyond me.

her portrayal during Alvarez should still be considered and not outright ignored.

who knows, maybe she gains a new body and then she bodies Team Natsu+Laxus, Jellal or whatever but until then, she ain't beating a top tier with just residual power :yodawg
 

Perdieucas

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2019
Messages
138
Reaction score
202
Age
31
Country
United States
how can people rate Irene with just residual power above Laxus is beyond me.

her portrayal during Alvarez should still be considered and not outright ignored.

who knows, maybe she gains a new body and then she bodies Team Natsu+Laxus, Jellal or whatever but until then, she ain't beating a top tier with just residual power :yodawg
I don't think anyone is arguing that a residual Irene is stronger than Laxus. I see people saying that alive Irene is weaker than Laxus and that is what I disagree with.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I don't think anyone is arguing that a residual Irene is stronger than Laxus. I see people saying that alive Irene is weaker than Laxus and that is what I disagree with.
some do

Laxus can't even come close lol. Let him get out of Erza tier before he tries to run against the big dogs. Dude isn't even on residual Irene's level :lmao
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
With Irene controlling her? She would have to be at or above Erza, as that's where she was at during Tartaros.

With just Wendy, maybe like.....base Gajeel?
you mean Alvarez :cheez
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

oh I saw someone saying Alvarez Elfman hits harder than Demolition Fist :disappoint
I'm currently at utter disbelief :yodawg
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
you mean Alvarez :cheez
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

oh I saw someone saying Alvarez Elfman hits harder than Demolition Fist :disappoint
I'm currently at utter disbelief :yodawg
Yea, I meant Alvarez.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
double ko - both got knocked out in the same time after hitting each other at the same time.
This is what happened, both clashed their techniques and both were left in a period of time.
in real life and tournaments, in fairy tail their magic collided and they were left out of exhaustion.
the excuse that he fell ko seconds later enters the same way by accepting to have also lost and put it mashima himself.


both ko - both were ko and here there does not have to be a close time span nor be knocked out by a blow between the two, here if there can be a loser or winner and you can also enter that one is left ko by a blow and the other goes to sleep or whatever.

you see, mashima put double ko, laxus who did the whole fight and heard the words of erza said he also lost-tie.

Now it turns out that you know more than laxus and more than mashima.

Even so, I imagine your next answers, so I have already said it more than clear, I am tired of making things clear.
You’re repeating yourself bro. An I’m not sure what you’re point is now. You are back to trying and convince us all that only you understand the true meaning of double KO, but there is literally not a single combat sport or game that considers it a tie outside of both combatants dropping simultaneously or tapping out simultaneously. So what do you hope to gain by continuing to argue that him going to sleep after securing his victory makes this a tie? Erza doesn’t even agree with you. Nobody really does. Your entire post is trying to convince us that because he says double KO to indicate both are currently unable to fight, it was meant to be a tie. So ignore Erza, Ignore Kiria’s statement, ignore the damn title, it was a tie. An that argument just doesn’t hold water. Honestly I don’t even feel obligated to really put effort into a response. An I fucking love debating about Laxus, but you’d be better off at this point just saying you prefer Erza and won’t accept this as a loss.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tbh man I have no idea. If she can use it again because Irene is still in her body then she's up there but idrk. She's harder to rank than Alvarez Natsu
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



But Erza's high enchant, it's only takes the magic type of the mage (Natsu, Gray) right? It doesn't actually take their MP because if it did that means Laxus would've fought Erza, Gray, and Natsu at once which he should lose instantly.

But other than that yeah Laxus>= Erza

How do you think Gray and Natsu would do against Laxus and Erza (separately of course)?
I mean, literally every other time we’ve seen power enchanted into something it’s power coming from an outside source. An this is magic Wendy taught her not some newly created unique version of Enchant. An Laxus immediately recognizes the power as her enchanting their magic into the blades. I have yet to see a good explanation of how that’s not what’s happening here.

Natsu barely edges either, outside of full POF rage DF mode.

Gray cannot beat them. Period
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You’re repeating yourself bro. An I’m not sure what you’re point is now. You are back to trying and convince us all that only you understand the true meaning of double KO, but there is literally not a single combat sport or game that considers it a tie outside of both combatants dropping simultaneously or tapping out simultaneously. So what do you hope to gain by continuing to argue that him going to sleep after securing his victory makes this a tie? Erza doesn’t even agree with you. Nobody really does. Your entire post is trying to convince us that because he says double KO to indicate both are currently unable to fight, it was meant to be a tie. So ignore Erza, Ignore Kiria’s statement, ignore the damn title, it was a tie. An that argument just doesn’t hold water. Honestly I don’t even feel obligated to really put effort into a response. An I fucking love debating about Laxus, but you’d be better off at this point just saying you prefer Erza and won’t accept this as a loss.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I mean, literally every other time we’ve seen power enchanted into something it’s power coming from an outside source. An this is magic Wendy taught her not some newly created unique version of Enchant. An Laxus immediately recognizes the power as her enchanting their magic into the blades. I have yet to see a good explanation of how that’s not what’s happening here.

Natsu barely edges either, outside of full POF rage DF mode.

Gray cannot beat them. Period
Yea that makes sense.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
No.


You clearly didn't read the chapter then. :catshrug

Edit:
Irene vs Acno -> Legit
Irene vs Erza and Wendy -> PoF bs and Irene held back

No human character is taking an enhanced sword stab from Erza to the throat w/o defending themselves yet she did lmfao.

Irene strips Laxus of his magic lmao in one hit. :yodawg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Laxus can't even come close lol. Let him get out of Erza tier before he tries to run against the big dogs. Dude isn't even on residual Irene's level :lmao


"Overrated hag" from a Laxus fanboy :yodawg

Not to mention the downplay she got from this forum :epicfacepalm
Wait, so are we really about to continue to misrepresent this like Erza didn’t just this quarter finally make it to Laxus tier? Because the gap has been clear for years. Hell, you can only pretend it isn’t still massive if you actively ignore that Erza struggled with Kiria twice and Laxus put her down before doing a repeat performance at Erza’s request.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I don't think anyone is arguing that a residual Irene is stronger than Laxus. I see people saying that alive Irene is weaker than Laxus and that is what I disagree with.
She is. She couldn’t put Erza down, and got smacked out her Dragon Form (until somebody retcons it, y’all keep hope alive though) by an Erza on her last leg. Human Irene would have a hard time with Alvarez Laxus. She isn’t really in a good position with current Laxus at all. She needs hax to win this.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
Yea that makes sense.
I mean, I get why people want it to be all Erza, but it just doesn’t make sense. Wendy has always needed the source to cast those kind of enchantment. Even the DS enchantment is a more advanced form of when she enchanted her DS ability into Erza blade. She just enchanted it into them directly.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I mean, I get why people want it to be all Erza, but it just doesn’t make sense. Wendy has always needed the source to cast those kind of enchantment. Even the DS enchantment is a more advanced form of when she enchanted her DS ability into Erza blade. She just enchanted it into them directly.
I always though that if it was their direct MP, it would be like a 3v1. It doesn't matter cause the GOAT is still above all 3. RL>>FDKM and DeS
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
I always though that if it was their direct MP, it would be like a 3v1. It doesn't matter cause the GOAT is still above all 3. RL>>FDKM and DeS
I mean, I don’t see how it’s not. I would unhesitatingly argue that basic DS Laxus is superior to either.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I mean, I don’t see how it’s not. I would unhesitatingly argue that basic DS Laxus is superior to either.
Yea regular Laxus>> DeS

I mean regular is around the level of FDK I'd say.

DF>>RL>Reglaur Laxus>=FDK>LFD>Base
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
Wait, so are we really about to continue to misrepresent this like Erza didn’t just this quarter finally make it to Laxus tier? Because the gap has been clear for years. Hell, you can only pretend it isn’t still massive if you actively ignore that Erza struggled with Kiria twice and Laxus put her down before doing a repeat performance at Erza’s request.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



She is. She couldn’t put Erza down, and got smacked out her Dragon Form (until somebody retcons it, y’all keep hope alive though) by an Erza on her last leg. Human Irene would have a hard time with Alvarez Laxus. She isn’t really in a good position with current Laxus at all. She needs hax to win this.
She didn't just make it lmfao. He needed Red Lightning to put her in that state which he did not have in Alvarez lol. Erza only struggled once and that was due to hax which Laxus had to bs his way through with his "weak" heart :lmao . You mean the same Kiria that admitted Erza was out of her league? Or the multiple times Hiro had to point out they double KOed each other to present them as equals? Laxus is in Erza tier and not above it. There was no gap for to bridge as she has always been in his league since the 1 year skip.
 

Laxus chan-yo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
2,635
Age
36
Country
Abu Dhabi
IMO Erza going all out even could probably beat Irene now. She is so much stronger than her Alvarez form. Just like Laxus is >> his Alvarez form (having a new mode of red lightning as opposed to just gaining that power and using one attack with it). Erza is also much stronger than her Alvarez form as her rate of growth kept up with his and was probably even more than his. Current Erza and Laxus would wreck their Alvarez selves. All main characters grow a lot after each arc.

For Laxus, in RL mode if he fought multiple Spriggan (the non-hax ones) like Ajeel/Wahl/Invel would go on a oneshotting spree and wreck them solo. Irene's dragon's form also canonically gets oneshotted by Erza with DS magic and now she can use that without Wendy's help.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
IMO Erza going all out even could probably beat Irene now. She is so much stronger than her Alvarez form. Just like Laxus is >> his Alvarez form (having a new mode of red lightning as opposed to just gaining that power and using one attack with it). Erza is also much stronger than her Alvarez form as her rate of growth kept up with his and was probably even more than his. Current Erza and Laxus would wreck their Alvarez selves.

For Laxus, in RL mode if he fought multiple Spriggan (the non-hax ones) like Ajeel/Wahl/Invel would go on a oneshotting spree and wreck them solo. Irene's dragon's form also canonically gets oneshotted by Erza with DS magic and now she can use that without Wendy's help.
I'd like to see how long Laxus could last against August. Ik he'd get stomped by how would he even try to fight him lol.:biblethump
 
Top