Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,571
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No, don't think either got. AA definitely should get one. CSM might take some more time, tbh. Don't think its big enough to get a popularity poll yet.
I hope AA gets one soon~
Shame, especially given the quirky characters CSm got, all those devilmen would certainly make for a fun popularity poll double page. I can see Violence getting quite a lot of votes despite his minor role he played so far.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,571
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Curious if Manga Plus will translate the two mini-series exclusive of the digital version of SJ, Harakiri Gomen looks super cool, the author's art is great.
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
So, here's a question I have.

How many of the people here actively follow One Piece? Like, not as a casual read, but as something they make sure to read every week it's out.
I read One Piece since I was 12 (I'm 30 now), and I read it weekly since chapter 309, so it's more than entertainment to me, it's part of my life. I love this series like no other, have reread it some 5 times already, owe all the volumes, etc... I'm a BIG fan (but no the blind type haha)
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Curious if Manga Plus will translate the two mini-series exclusive of the digital version of SJ, Harakiri Gomen looks super cool, the author's art is great.
I assume Viz at least isn't since they already announced Witch's Guardian and the Death Note one-shot (which isn't until Monday) with no word on the mini-series. Sumo, David-kun and I'm From Japan show Manga+ is willing to do WSJ stuff that Viz skips though.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Anyone else here remember the USA Shonen Jump?

Oh boy I do. I remember begging my grandma for it every month at the supermarket till she got me a subscription.
So many good memories. I actually started from their first issue. Got me into so many manga.
 

FireFantasyVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
455
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Got into One Piece around 2012 after seeing some episode on toonami and started reading the Viz releases. I also started watching the anime at the time (despite not having read everything in between yet) which was around late Punk Hazard. Was caught up and reading weekly around late dressrossa. I've read every chapter weekly since, and still do today. I still can't help but read the early scans, while with every other wsj series I'll wait until sunday for. Even then, OP will be the first thing I read again come sunday.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
One piece n' me, timeline
2012: favorite manga
2015: second favorite manga
2017: read every 30 chapters to binge it all
2019: so boring I'll read it at some point
2020: fuck it people said Wano was getting good let's catch up - oh okay they lied
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States

First page of GotW.
Obligatory “Oh god, I really hope this manga is good and if so, successful cause I have high hopes for this one”. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this thread have higher hopes for a new manga serialization before.

Man, that page is so nice to look at.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Obligatory “Oh god, I really hope this manga is good and if so, successful cause I have high hopes for this one”. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this thread have higher hopes for a new manga serialization before.

Man, that page is so nice to look at.
The Yozakura family one had big hopes as well when we got to see its colored double page.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States

First page of GotW.
The author can certain make good use of their color pages. I'm thinking this may be the type of series that ends up being too serious or gritty for my tastes, but the color pages are pretty similar in that regard to how I feel about Neverland.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Obligatory “Oh god, I really hope this manga is good and if so, successful cause I have high hopes for this one”. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this thread have higher hopes for a new manga serialization before.

Man, that page is so nice to look at.
Dr. Stone had ridiculous hype when it was announced.
Ole Golazo did here due to the heavy Moue fanbase here.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Weekly Sales by Volume - 1/20~1/26

January Volumes + OP


#17 One Piece 95 - 42,508/1,728,213
#24 Spy x Family 3 - 37,785/409,231
#27 The Promised Neverland 17 - 37,074/496,819
#40 Haikyuu!! 41 - 24,370/443,364

SXF Backlog

#44 Spy x Family 1 - 21,668/596,982
#47 Spy x Family 2 - 20,809/525,807

KNY Backlog

#2 Kimetsu no Yaiba 18 - 144,963/1,757,769
#7 Kimetsu no Yaiba 5 - 58,935/1,662,486
#8 Kimetsu no Yaiba 6 - 58,654/1,662,218
#10 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4 - 48,840/1,669,665
#11 Kimetsu no Yaiba 16 - 47,460/1,709,244
#12 Kimetsu no Yaiba 3 - 45,898/1,689,858
#13 Kimetsu no Yaiba 15 - 45,010/1,669,264
#18 Kimetsu no Yaiba 2 - 42,427/1,715,056
#19 Kimetsu no Yaiba 7 - 41,951/1,698,504
#20 Kimetsu no Yaiba 17 - 40,422/1,702,289
#21 Kimetsu no Yaiba 11 - 40,186/1,670,033
#23 Kimetsu no Yaiba 1 - 37,798/1,746,109
#25 Kimetsu no Yaiba 10 - 37,288/1,679,798
#31 Kimetsu no Yaiba 9 - 34,878/1,686,772
#32 Kimetsu no Yaiba 13 - 34,399/1,663,890
#33 Kimetsu no Yaiba 14 - 34,098/1,645,457
#34 Kimetsu no Yaiba 12 - 32,471/1,667,745
#35 Kimetsu no Yaiba 8 - 31,506/1,683,616
#43 Kimetsu no Yaiba Official Fanbook - 21,949/634,344
 
Last edited:

Reading Somethin'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
155
Age
28
Country
Honduras
I follow One Piece weekly. Bumped into it back in 2004 I think. Watched one episode of the 4kids dub, couldn't stomach it. Found it again in a 2005 US Jump issue. The one where Sanji broke the crew out of a cage, forgot which arc. I really got into the series last year. Loved the arcs in the second half before the timeskip. Dropped it in the middle of Dressrosa. I caught up again, but I'm not so invested anymore.

Anyone else here remember the USA Shonen Jump?
Yeah, that's how I got introduced to Jump back in 2005. The issue had Slam Dunk, Yuyu Hakusho, Bobobo, Yugioh gx, Ultimo oneshot, and the three pillars of the 2000's. I liked the style in those cartoons and I'm a very curious person. I saw an ad for it at school, and good grades were my best bargaining tool.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany





January Volumes + OP

#17 One Piece 95
#24 Spy x Family 3
#27 The Promised Neverland 17
#40 Haikyuu!! 41

SXF Backlog

#44 Spy x Family 1
#47 Spy x Family 2

KNY Backlog

#2 Kimetsu no Yaiba 18
#7 Kimetsu no Yaiba 5
#8 Kimetsu no Yaiba 6
#10 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
#11 Kimetsu no Yaiba 16
#12 Kimetsu no Yaiba 3
#13 Kimetsu no Yaiba 15
#18 Kimetsu no Yaiba 2
#19 Kimetsu no Yaiba 7
#20 Kimetsu no Yaiba 17
#21 Kimetsu no Yaiba 11
#23 Kimetsu no Yaiba 1
#25 Kimetsu no Yaiba 10
#31 Kimetsu no Yaiba 9
#32 Kimetsu no Yaiba 13
#33 Kimetsu no Yaiba 14
#34 Kimetsu no Yaiba 12
#35 Kimetsu no Yaiba 8
#43 Kimetsu no Yaiba Official Fanbook
Damn, KnY sure is something but whenever I see the numbers SxF sold, I can't help but shake my head how incredible its sales are for such a young series. 500k for Vol.2 and Vol.3 is on its way to it as well. Just damn impressive!
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico





January Volumes + OP

#17 One Piece 95
#24 Spy x Family 3
#27 The Promised Neverland 17
#40 Haikyuu!! 41

SXF Backlog

#44 Spy x Family 1
#47 Spy x Family 2

KNY Backlog

#2 Kimetsu no Yaiba 18
#7 Kimetsu no Yaiba 5
#8 Kimetsu no Yaiba 6
#10 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
#11 Kimetsu no Yaiba 16
#12 Kimetsu no Yaiba 3
#13 Kimetsu no Yaiba 15
#18 Kimetsu no Yaiba 2
#19 Kimetsu no Yaiba 7
#20 Kimetsu no Yaiba 17
#21 Kimetsu no Yaiba 11
#23 Kimetsu no Yaiba 1
#25 Kimetsu no Yaiba 10
#31 Kimetsu no Yaiba 9
#32 Kimetsu no Yaiba 13
#33 Kimetsu no Yaiba 14
#34 Kimetsu no Yaiba 12
#35 Kimetsu no Yaiba 8
#43 Kimetsu no Yaiba Official Fanbook
KnY 18 is almost 30k ahead of OP 95. Next week might go to 1.8-9M.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top