Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,383
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I kinda wished this was on WSJ, could be a refreshing romcom but i guess Kano found a home on Plus after Kiss x Death...
KissxDeath which needs to be completely translated ;-; There's about 30 chapters to end.

And yeah, it really looks interesting. I hope it's picked either on mangaplus or by scan
 

NyanPower

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
360
Reaction score
773
Age
25
Country
Italy
So:
  • Mission: Yozakura Family
  • Mitama Secureity
  • Zipman
  • Agravity Boys
  • Undead x Unluck
  • Mashle
  • Guardian of the Witch
Of these seven, who shall be the ones to survive?
Mashle, Agravity Boys and Majo no Moribito deserve to survive IMO
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
I’m kinda late into the party for this and I’ve said this before in the MHA thread but I think this bears repeating here in the more crowded thread because I don’t see anyone saying this. This is very political and I’d hate to turn this thread into a shitstorm, so this will be my only reply on the matter in this thread.

No, naming the Doc Maruta isn’t the same as naming a villain “jewish” (in other words, naming a highly immoral character after the victim of immoral actions) that’s just an apples to oranges comparison and I hope this silly comparison stems from a place of ignorance, not malice.

For one, the term is used by the japanese to refer to the human experiment subjects. The victims themselves don’t use this term as their identity whatsoever. If anything, the use of the term highlights the actors who did the atrocities — the japanese empire. Saying that this somehow means the words is used against these victims or, god forbid, that the author is an apologist is nonsense.

This is why you should not make the comparison I said above as that comparison is inaccurate at best and misleading at worst.

Second, the word was also used as the name of the program itself. So saying that the author is naming a highly immoral character after the victims without stating this fact is already misleading.

Like I said above, the use of the word highlights the atrocious action and the actors of the said atrocities.

Yes, you could argue that the word is also used to describe the victims but that argument ignores these two points that I stated.

I’m very disappointed in the twitter influencer who brought more attention to this issue while ignoring these contexts. Many people in the western hemisphere are not knowledgeable or downright ignorant about the topic of immoral actions of the japanese empire in WWII, so this could be their first contact with the subject and it’s misleading from the start.

I also have said this before in the MHA thread: the Doctor was never painted in any sort of positive light whatsoever, and the story has alluded multiple times that he is engaged in highly immoral acts. Experimenting on freaking children and stealing dead bodies is by no means a small issue, and the use of this term highlights just how horrible the author thinks the Doctor’s actions are.

and yes, I’m from one of the nations that bears the brunt of japanese imperialism in the past, because apparently dismissing someone because “you have no say in this” is somehow an argument that makes sense
I agree completely however the problem comes back to what I said about the n-word, regardless of Horikoshi trying to say that Maruta involved terrible crimes committed by bad people, that doesn't mean you can make a bad guy called "Hall E. Cost" air on Cartoon Network and not expect pushback.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,553
Reaction score
11,293
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
The problem is that the "problem" as you call it, doesn't exist, is just another sterile and inconclusive criticism of twitter.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
So, with the new volumes about to drop, here's the current placements for the new volumes on Amazon and Rakuten's Shonen Jump listings. Not absolute:

Amazon
  • Kimetsu No Yaiba Vol 19: 2
  • Dr Stone Vol 14: 193
  • Act Age Vol 10: 447
  • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol 20: 545
  • Yui Kamio Let's Loose Vol 4: 10387
  • Mitama Secureity Vol 1: 5585
  • Mission: Yozakura Family Vol 1: 153816 (OOS)
  • 2.5D Seduction Vol 3: 13083 (OOS)
  • Tis Torture Time Princess Vol 2: 2429
Rakuten
  • Kimetsu No Yaiba Vol 19: 1
  • Dr Stone Vol 14: 38
  • Act Age Vol 10: 62
  • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol 20: 98
  • Yui Kamio Let's Loose Vol 4: 174
  • Mitama Secureity Vol 1: 131
  • Mission: Yozakura Family Vol 1: 372
  • 2.5D Seduction Vol 3: 64
  • Tis Torture Time Princess Vol 2: 106
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


GotW PV
 

Thaed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
135
Reaction score
132
Age
32
Country
France
- The first Guardian's Witch was great ! Nothing amazing but it was fun to read. Got Attack on Titans vibe from the beginning witch was quite funny after Mashle having ONE's work feeling !

- The second chapter of Mashle was really funny. I can imagine tons of why to introduce funny characters (as fellow classmates), I think it has potential so I'am looking forward to it.

- The 3rd UxU felt weaker than the first two but was still ok.

- Aggravity Boy is still super funny for me. I can see the mascotte coming with last chapter plot. I think it could really stick around.

- ZIPMAN was ok, but there is nothing to say about it imo. And I'm not really into the current arc. We'll see how it goes.

- Mitama was super funny as always. I wish it would stick with aggravity boys and the two of them be the Gag/Full comedy series.

- Yozakura family... Well I can't help but think that this serie could have really been great but the entire family has been put aside and the cast feels now quite weak in comparison of the beginning. I still like the serie as it is but I'm a little disappointed.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Shameful.

The day that Twitter's SJW parasites go extinct will be a glorious day for humanity.
"How dare a country react negatively to a reference to one of the black spots in their history!"

Seriously, dude, shut up. We don't need Comicsgate and its cult to infect this thread.
 

mangalover101

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2018
Messages
65
Reaction score
67
Age
42
Country
Philippines
Country ?
I would assume he meant South Koreans and Chinese fans.. Country might be an exaggeration, though given how tense the Koreans and Japanese relations are, small things like these can actually set huge things... Heck, I remember even a Kpop member wearing a tshirt sparked huge reaction.. SJ did the right thing to stop the flame before it gets out of hand
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Mitama and Agravity Boys do seem like the ones that'll survive for now, maybe not long term but for a couple batches at least. Otherwise Yozakura's clearly dead, I have zero hope for Zipman, and the other 3 are too new to say.

Personally I thought Mashle had the strongest and most distinct start (while UU and Witch are both mostly standard jump affair) but who knows how the next couple chapters will go.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
The problem is that the "problem" as you call it, doesn't exist, is just another sterile and inconclusive criticism of twitter.
I get that usually its white people being offended on behalf of others but this time it seems Korean and Chinese readers were in fact offended.

You're not Korean or Chinese.
You dont get a say in it it its offensive or not. Simple.
 

mangalover101

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2018
Messages
65
Reaction score
67
Age
42
Country
Philippines
If it's big enough for Shueisha to react so quickly, it's probably a way bigger deal than just some people complaining on Twitter.
Either that or Shueisha preemptively stopped the flame before it got huge. As I said, the Korean-Japanese relationship is so tense still that anything small can cause a huge diplomatic nightmare especially anything that reminds of the Japanese war..
 

Mallas26

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
509
Reaction score
288
Age
34
Country
Russian Federation
I get that usually its white people being offended on behalf of others but this time it seems Korean and Chinese readers were in fact offended.

You're not Korean or Chinese.
You dont get a say in it it its offensive or not. Simple.
What about people former Soviet Union? Why we understand the horror of war but still not act wild at this. People now behave not like victims but like animals on twitter, attacking, insultiong Horikoshi demanding "personal apologyse" like they were the one who suffer the most and have rights to do it.
No one has right to be so angry. If Hori commit suicide what will you do? Will someone answer ? No! Because we live in "victim" generation.
 

mangalover101

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2018
Messages
65
Reaction score
67
Age
42
Country
Philippines
I get that usually its white people being offended on behalf of others but this time it seems Korean and Chinese readers were in fact offended.

You're not Korean or Chinese.
You dont get a say in it it its offensive or not. Simple.
I'm from the Philippines and my grandmother would tell the stories of the atrocity of what happened during the Japanese occupations and I still do hear from those here in our country the resentment and any reminder is really painful for the older people who lived it so I can sympathize how this could be traumatic for them especially when things like this can open old wounds.
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
What about people former Soviet Union? Why we understand the horror of war but still not act wild at this. People now behave not like victims but like animals on twitter, attacking, insultiong Horikoshi demanding "personal apologyse" like they were the one who suffer the most and have rights to do it.
No one has right to be so angry. If Hori commit suicide what will you do? Will someone answer ? No! Because we live in "victim" generation.
Oh dear lord, stop it.
So, with the new volumes about to drop, here's the current placements for the new volumes on Amazon and Rakuten's Shonen Jump listings. Not absolute:

Amazon
  • Kimetsu No Yaiba Vol 19: 2
  • Dr Stone Vol 14: 193
  • Act Age Vol 10: 447
  • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol 20: 545
  • Yui Kamio Let's Loose Vol 4: 10387
  • Mitama Secureity Vol 1: 5585
  • Mission: Yozakura Family Vol 1: 153816 (OOS)
  • 2.5D Seduction Vol 3: 13083 (OOS)
  • Tis Torture Time Princess Vol 2: 2429
Rakuten
  • Kimetsu No Yaiba Vol 19: 1
  • Dr Stone Vol 14: 38
  • Act Age Vol 10: 62
  • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol 20: 98
  • Yui Kamio Let's Loose Vol 4: 174
  • Mitama Secureity Vol 1: 131
  • Mission: Yozakura Family Vol 1: 372
  • 2.5D Seduction Vol 3: 64
  • Tis Torture Time Princess Vol 2: 106
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


GotW PV
Can Mitama numbers be predicted by these rankings? It's above Yui Kamio, at least.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,553
Reaction score
11,293
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
eople now behave not like victims but like animals on twitter, attacking, insultiong Horikoshi demanding "personal apologyse" like they were the one who suffer the most and have rights to do it.
The affair has lasted even too long, now they will change their name, and end.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top