Discussion Unpopular Opinions

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Lol Gray Cult.

If they were to kill off Gray next chapter I could really care less. I'm anti wank cult.

I don't even wank my fav character. I seriously believe Gildarts could mid diff Laxus:hip
 

WoWfan

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
7,017
Reaction score
2,556
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Snicker, That is kinda hard to believe.
 

WoWfan

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
7,017
Reaction score
2,556
Country
Imperium of Mankind
It is, that is all I have to say,

anyway, would like to have known the other members of the WS and MH’s master
 

Karna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
223
Reaction score
405
Age
30
Country
Philippines
There is no Gray cult. If there is, they be putting shame to the name of our Lord Demonbuster.

Said cult would think Gray beats everybody. Which we don't do.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,112
Age
36
Country
United States
Unpopular opinion
1) while there are many unreasonable fans,
Laxus Cult reign supreme here :outta
 

Veni Vidi Vici

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2019
Messages
139
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
Guam
Ichiya was reigning supreme as the ultimate plot device until Wendy in Alvarez walked in.

Erza's POF is not a big deal, it's part of the theme of the series and she's a main character. If you can't handle POF, then don't read Fairy Tail.

Lucy feels more like a main character than anyone else in the show. We don't even know as much about Natsu's personality and what goes on in his mind unless he's in a fight. I feel like that's something that should be tackled. I almost feel like he needs his own spinoff. Having a narrator kind of doesn't help us know the supposed main character of the series.

Hypersexualisation is too much in this series that it sometimes cancels out the support for feminism through Erza. This sexualisation should be lessened.

Ultear, Mavis and August were the most well-written characters in the series. Out of the inner circle of main characters, I think it's Lucy. Thinking about it now, she's probably the one I enjoy the most with the exception of maybe Happy and Erza at times.
Feminism? Jesus, stop this.

Yeah Natsu's character development is absent.
 

WoWfan

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
7,017
Reaction score
2,556
Country
Imperium of Mankind
A Dragon Slayer Guild is unnecessary
 

Vis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2019
Messages
588
Reaction score
911
Country
United Kingdom
Feminism? Jesus, stop this.
The main face of the strong female character/'girl power' archetype in this series is Erza and it's not just an opinion that she's hyper sexualised most of the time with some of her armours literally nothing but a patch of cloth that covers her areolas and her front bottom, while the rest of them are covering parts of her body with an evident still highlight of her cleavage, that's a fact. Whether or not this hyper sexualisation does do damage to Mashima's feminism advances is the only part that you can argue. If you wanna talk about whether feminism is a valid issue in general to begin with, then just know that's now what I was arguing, nor is that relevant to the thread.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,042
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Lol Gray Cult.

If they were to kill off Gray next chapter I could really care less. I'm anti wank cult.

I don't even wank my fav character. I seriously believe Gildarts could mid diff Laxus:hip
We will never know
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Power of emotions is a legitimate factor to consider in Fairy Tail. Even for villains like Acnologia, a large part of their strength can probably be attributed to the fact that they hold such strong emotions. Characters who are better at tapping into their emotions are simply stronger because they are using magic the way it's always been meant to be used.

Hero's crossover is canon, and all of Hiro Mashima's works exists in a multiverse. Not sure if this counts as an unpopular opinion, so much as a theory, but when you die in one universe you get isekai'd to another. In the Fairy Tail you first go through a beta heaven until you are ready to pass on.
 

Hexbend

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
863
Reaction score
1,196
Age
24
Country
United States
Jellal > Gildarts in every way :catshrug
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jellal is actually better than Gildarts at a lot of things. Flying, variety of spells, leadership, has more organs and real limbs, and screentime.

But power is not one of those things
 

Hexbend

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
863
Reaction score
1,196
Age
24
Country
United States
I can't tell if you're trolling or you legit believe Jellal>Gildarts in every way
I exaggerated with “every way” part, but I believe Jellal > Gildarts
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I exaggerated with “every way” part, but I believe Jellal > Gildarts
In terms of strength or just overall character
 
Top