Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Have to say, I am loving Mitamas CPs so far.
Another color page where if you take the spirits away, it seems something straight up from a shoujo or josei magazine, he really show his inspirations
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Katayama: Jujutsu Kaisen, Yozakura Family
Taguchi: Samurai 8, Agravity Boys
Asai: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Mashle
Murakoshi: Act-Age, Guardian of the Witch
Honda: Dr. Stone, Undead Unluck

Also Shihei if we're including Jump+ (Chainsaw Man, Spy × Family, Heart Gear, Moon Land).
Looking at it objectively, Katayama and Shihei are the two most suited to succeed Nakano as EiC.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
The break schedule rotation continues:

Issue 14: Haikyuu
Issue 13: My Hero Academia
Issue 12: Black Clover
Issue 11: One Piece (not counting Haikyuu because was not announced)
Issue 10: The Promised Neverland

Issue 15 will very surely be One Piece
Pretty sure the only ones up there for rest are One Piece and Black Clover, the other 3 are all on break for research, its been 8 years and Furudate still hasn't taken a week off for rest (tho I wish he would)
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Posting to remind that since the new chapters will be release this friday, the poll for issue #13 will close late tomorrow (thursday), this week poll had a lot more votes in the first days than the last one but (now only 10 voters behind), but with the early releases will be 2 days less to vote. so if you guys didn't voted yet or forgot, do it HERE
 

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
17,725
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Full special interview between Eiichiro Oda and Eisaku Kubonouchi ("Hungry Days" Cup Noodle CM character designer) in Weekly Shonen Jump!! Translation thanks to EtenBoby.

Eisaku said he’s not the type of person who really watches anime or read manga, so he was worry if he can do it but of course he had heard about one piece and its world. Apparently the director of this cm project is a huge fan, and everytime Eisaku would receive “lectures” on how he should do the characters from him.

Part on character design
Oda: I can feel your tremendous commitment. I’m sorry, considering the number of characters, it must have been difficult for you to draw
Eisaku: Well yeah, it really does have an incredible amount of characters (lol)
Oda: I like creating characters, I like designing them. I would create a character and later be troubled by it. Sometimes I don’t really have a use for certain characters but then there’s the feeling that “since I created them, I have to use them”.
Eisaku: For those kind of characters, would you make design tables for them?
Oda: I don’t go that far, I’ll briefly draw some rough sketches, and that’s generally how it goes.
Eisaku: So, it’s like you remember details such as their body shapes when you draw them?
Oda: No, I don’t remember them. For those main characters who have actions all the time, I’ll remember them eventually, but for the jumble of characters that I created, I’ll draw them as I look back at past sketches and data.
Eisaku: Make sense considering the amount of characters you have.
Oda: It’s weird when you thought you remember and draw things based on that, like you forget about the wounds and scars that’re supposed to be on their face and body; it’s always those type of mistakes, to the point that it’ll be faster if I just check them from the start.
Eisaku: I see, that’s how it is. I was wondering about how you managed to create such amount of characters.
Oda: That is because I like to, really.

Oda’s favorite cup noodle flavors are normal and seafood.
 
Last edited:

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Guys, I think that's enough postings of color pages. You can just state which series you like in that regard, and not literally post the color pages themselves.
Ffs why. I was gonna bombard this place with the best Toriko, Reborn and gintama CP's 😪😪😪.


Gintama has the best colour pages by the way
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ffs why. I was gonna bombard this place with the best Toriko, Reborn and gintama CP's 😪😪😪.
It's not a good idea to post too much copyrighted material like that.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia

Harakiri Gouken raws.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here's a question, what're the series you guys thought would really take off but instead died?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Here's a question, what're the series you guys thought would really take off but instead died?
Toriko.

I thought it'd end up way more popular.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Here's a question, what're the series you guys thought would really take off but instead died?
I liked Straighten Up and Mononofu. I was kinda surprised at Love Rush's end especially since I still find it much better than WNL which survived.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico

Harakiri Gouken raws.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here's a question, what're the series you guys thought would really take off but instead died?
Noah's note and Hungry Marie
 

lazybones1717

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
281
Reaction score
1,404
Age
34
Country
United States
Here's a question, what're the series you guys thought would really take off but instead died?
Not really a series that died since it's Volume 1 sales are showing some surprising promise, but ever since the first LCP leaked, I really thought that Yozakura Family would generate a lot more early hype than it actually did.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTE FOR ISSUE #14 POLLS​

So Buranchi was talking to me about the poll and etc, and it actually gave me a idea that i thought would be interesting to make a test, isn't definitive, is just a test that i want to do to see how it goes.

The idea is, i will open a new thread for the votes of issue #14, but the thing is, the vote will be made manually, you guys will make a comment ranking your favorite chapters from 1st to 5th at most (you don't need to vote in 5) and the position that you place the chapter will impact the number of points, the thread will be open the same number of days like always and in the moment you make your votes, you can't edit because will be disconsidered, Buranchi will keep an eye on who tries to edit, also the rules about 1 month and etc will still count.

After the thread is locked, the points will be counted for each series taking in count the place they were ranked and the results posted here and in the poll thread. Like i said, it's just a test that i will make for issue #14 and let's see how it goes.

I'm still deciding the number of points for each place, so if you guys have a opinion, you can say.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Do we really have to make our voting so complex? I mean, we are just reading for fun and to argue what we liked or disliked, our own ranking matters most for our community's taste, not like twitter or WSJ weekly ranking which all matter for their own stuff as well. Can't we just vote and then talk, mostly spoiler-free ofc, what we liked and disliked?

That said, whatever system you decide on, I gonna work with it the best I can. So, well, knock yourself out. However I draw the line on eating chicken wings with spicy sauce each time I give a vote to a series I voted the week before. It would be too much, man.
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
Here's a question, what're the series you guys thought would really take off but instead died?
I thought sesuji so pin! would survive. I thought the art was good, and its explanations were as good as Soma's at the time
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Do we really have to make our voting so complex? I mean, we are just reading for fun and to argue what we liked or disliked, our own ranking matters most for our community's taste, not like twitter or WSJ weekly ranking which all matter for their own stuff as well. Can't we just vote and then talk, mostly spoiler-free ofc, what we liked and disliked?

That said, whatever system you decide on, I gonna work with it the best I can. So, well, knock yourself out. However I draw the line on eating chicken wings with spicy sauce each time I give a vote to a series I voted the week before. It would be too much, man.
Like i said, is just a test, and is quite simple, the users will only post in the thread their favorite chapters in a ranking order like:

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

Or 1 to 2, 1 to 3, 1 to 4, and the positions will have points attached to it.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Lol I dont think he was talking about OP. Doffy was a huge letdown? First time hearing that and I've heard all the OP "criticisms" in the book. He was very well fleshed out post-TS.

I know it's a fallacy but there's still a good 5+ years left of the series. Better to cut your "losses" now instead of whining about the series and well the fandom.
Well, maybe it was my expectation. I expected him to be a member of the secret underworld elite aka illuminati and have a motive similar to, the Joker maybe. His monologue during the battle vs Whitebeard was freaking solid. Turn out, he was just a worse Crocodile with an entitled attitude and a melodramatic past.
Tbh, I think I am kind of a masochist. I still read TPN and S8 despite hating them with every fiber of my being. Maybe I will drop them and OP if they became as bad as Bort, xd.

Another color page where if you take the spirits away, it seems something straight up from a shoujo or josei magazine, he really show his inspirations
It reminds me more of fluffy manga like Maiko-san in Sunday and Flying Witch in Bessatsu Magazine, none of which are Shoujo nor Josei.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTE FOR ISSUE #14 POLLS​

So Buranchi was talking to me about the poll and etc, and it actually gave me a idea that i thought would be interesting to make a test, isn't definitive, is just a test that i want to do to see how it goes.

The idea is, i will open a new thread for the votes of issue #14, but the thing is, the vote will be made manually, you guys will make a comment ranking your favorite chapters from 1st to 5th at most (you don't need to vote in 5) and the position that you place the chapter will impact the number of points, the thread will be open the same number of days like always and in the moment you make your votes, you can't edit because will be disconsidered, Buranchi will keep an eye on who tries to edit, also the rules about 1 month and etc will still count.

After the thread is locked, the points will be counted for each series taking in count the place they were ranked and the results posted here and in the poll thread. Like i said, it's just a test that i will make for issue #14 and let's see how it goes.

I'm still deciding the number of points for each place, so if you guys have a opinion, you can say.
Can I vote for the worst proposal ever? I will vote for this post.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can I vote for the worst proposal ever? I will vote for this post.
This isn't a proposal, i'm saying it will happen, if it turns out to be a mess, will just go back to the normal, after all it's a test.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
This isn't a proposal, i'm saying it will happen, if it turns out to be a mess, will just go back to the normal, after all it's a test.
Wasn't you guy worrying about low voting turnout? With this much of a hassle to vote and the lack of anonymity, this is the perfect formula for the lowest number of voters. Congrat.
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
Come on now, guys. It's just a test after all. If you don't like it, let the result of the test show your disapproval for it. After all, WSJ's votes are like this too, no?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top