Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,497
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia

50K huh...what was Yuuna like for prior volumes?
 

Lumilleon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
132
Age
34
Country
Galactic Empire
From this issue's author comments:

- And Mashle's author has some great friends :P ("A friend called me up to ask if I had been canceled. Someone's using my life as their entertainment!")
Ouuch, Such a friendly bastard buddy he have.

Okay I am going to say this only once. If Oda isnt getting himself back on track and continue to write how he does it now eventually Op isnt going to sell even 1 million in four weeks
I feel Oda make burden on his own word to hype Wano arc, he should take easy and relax.
I don't want see him destroying himself
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Anyway, what do you think will be the list of best-selling mid-year manga?
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Well...I can see why Jump would probably want the series to end, then.
We also have to factor in the digital sales, which is data that we have no info for at all.
 
Last edited:

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Anyway, what do you think will be the list of best-selling mid-year manga?
Kimetsu, OP and Kingdom for sure. I think Haikyu, MHA and TPN are given's as well. As for the rest of the list, I think Hanako-kun is very likely given the current boost the series is enjoying, and Spy x Family has very high chances as well.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Kimetsu, OP and Kingdom for sure. I think Haikyu, MHA and TPN are given's as well. As for the rest of the list, I think Hanako-kun is very likely given the current boost the series is enjoying, and Spy x Family has very high chances as well.
Hanako might be a surprise middle-ranker at the end of the year. One thing's for aure, it's going to have a high placement somewhere at the end of the year. Top 10 might be pushing it, but not completely out of left field as long as the sales remains steady and rising each month.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Anyway, what do you think will be the list of best-selling mid-year manga?
One Piece, Kimetsu, My Hero Academia, The Promised Neverland, Haikyu!!, 5toubun, Fire Force, Hanako-kun, SPY x FAMILY, and idk, Kingdom? Just look for any good ranker in Oricon lately.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,548
Reaction score
15,707
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Anyway, what do you think will be the list of best-selling mid-year manga?
1. Kimetsu
2. One Piece
3. 5toubun (is going to be interesting if it will manage to stay in final top-10 in November since final volume is in April, but I'd say it will manage)
4. Kingdom
5. My Hero Academia
6. Hanako-kun
7. Promised Neverland
8. Haikyuu
9. SpyxFamily
10. Fire Force (I think it has sold like +1 million, is going to enter for the moment)
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
1. Kimetsu
2. One Piece
3. 5toubun (is going to be interesting if it will manage to stay in final top-10 in November since final volume is in April, but I'd say it will manage)
4. Kingdom
5. My Hero Academia
6. Hanako-kun
7. Promised Neverland
8. Haikyuu
9. SpyxFamily
10. Fire Force (I think it has sold like +1 million, is going to enter for the moment)
FF print was on 4.5M back on November 27th with 5.8M announced just recently, so yeah, big chances.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Do we currently know what total sold copies of Neverland are? As far as I know, the last time was 16 million left.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Do we currently know what total sold copies of Neverland are? As far as I know, the last time was 16 million left.
As of now, 1.35M copies for this year, with 2 weeks missing.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
1. Kimetsu
2. One Piece
3. 5toubun (is going to be interesting if it will manage to stay in final top-10 in November since final volume is in April, but I'd say it will manage)
4. Kingdom
5. My Hero Academia
6. Hanako-kun
7. Promised Neverland
8. Haikyuu
9. SpyxFamily
10. Fire Force (I think it has sold like +1 million, is going to enter for the moment)
I'd wager Jujutsu will get on by the end of the year. Very strong current sales + boost from anime will do wonders for it.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyway, what do you think will be the list of best-selling mid-year manga?
Possibly in this same order:

Kimetsu no Yaiba, One Piece, Gotoubun no Hanayome, My Hero Academia, The Promised Neverland, Attack on Titan, Kingdom, Spy x Family, Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun, Haikyuu.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone, I've stated this before and I'll state it again.

This thread is not the place to post grievances you have about fellow users. I understand there's a certain amount of catharsis involved with doing it, and believe me, I can sympathize.

However, it is off-topic, and doesn't further the intended discussion of the thread. If you have issues with a user, you are free (and encouraged) to block/ignore that person.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I mean if they really wanted to, they can use the worldwide print numbers to brag about. Shimabu sure as hell used that to brag about OP's success in his memories with Oda-san one shot

Speaking of that one shot, this panel reminded me of the feat Kimetsu has to surpass and thought Id bring it up since I remember people said it may break 100M


Anyway, there's a lot they can use to market OP for but as I said they don't need to, it's a cash cow.
At this point KnY could theoretically beat OP's 100 million record (it's on pace to break OP's 2011 record, having already broken its mid year record).

OP started in 1997 and had sold 100 million by 2005 (So 8 years of sales); KnY started in 2016 so it has until 2024 (8 year sales) to get to 100 million volumes sold.

Right now its at what 40-45 million?

So if the story were to continue for another 4 years, with say 5 new volumes published every year which is 20 more volumes and if the sales don't slightly decline over time which is what happens with every series..

It would probably need to sell around 2.5 million per volume which I guess it's doable, maybe.. kinda... Probably..

But again continuing KnY is a double edged sword, if Geteouge ends it in this arc, as it supposedly should (I don't read it so Idk) it will probably boost sales even further (word of mouth, "you need to check this manga, it's pretty short too!") But if it drags it into a new arc/time-skip it will probably decline with time.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top